HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Maxim Afinogenov Upside...

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 10:48 PM
The Jerk

vCash: 500
Maxim Afinogenov Upside...

What's Max's upside as an NHL'er??

Old
01-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Knucklez

Um, well, I created the Kamloops Outlaws in NHL 2004 and he's on my second line with Peca and Sullivan, and he scored 34 goals in my last season I think, so that's pretty good

PS
I like your avatar, Darcy Tucker is the man.

Old
01-30-2004, 12:23 AM
kacz

He has great skating ability and goal scoring skills, he can burn a defenceman 1 on 1 with pleasure. His defensive game lacks a bit, but yet in the future he could become a great 2nd liner.

Old
01-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Afino
The Juice

Right now he's playing on a line with Milan Bartovic and Derek Roy and no one can match the speed...causing all kinds of problems vs Philly and Carolina...He had the game winning goal in their last game, of course Lindy will split the line up because it's something good :mad: ...All he needed was someone that is able to skate alongside him, no one else can keep up with him

Old
01-30-2004, 01:03 AM
MojoJojo

Amazingly quick and agile skater. Up there with the best in the league. Great one on one, but doesnt seem to have much of a goal scoring instict yet. With his skills and skating his scoring potential is quite high though. Not really a floater, but not really involved defensively either. Injury prone also comes to mind. He's one of the guys I look for when I watch the Sabres.

Old
01-30-2004, 02:23 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

at this point in his career I don't think Afinogenov is going to be much better than a fairly streaky, frustrating 15-20 goal scorer. His effort level has been very good this year but he just can't seem to harness his pure offensive talent. As mentioned, that Bartovic-Roy-Max line is something to see.

Old
01-30-2004, 02:35 AM
Fan-of-#9

I'd compare him to Sergei Berezin. When he's not making an impact offensively he's pretty much useless. He'll score 30 in his career.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:19 AM
ShyCheetah

It's my dream as a Canuck fanatic to get my hands on the Next Smyl (Torres), next Linden (Maybe Kesler but he dosn't seem to have the hands yet) or the next Bure... or reasonable faximille . That last one seems to have many pretenders. One year it's Max, the next it's Erat, then it's Max again... all have come up wanting. At any one point in time I have lobbied to aquire one or the other. Erat is playing on an O starved team so I've given up on making proposals on him (besides I don't really see the similarities). Maxim, up until this year I've always dreamed about. Now that I catch more games on the satilite I realize that he's a tremendous floater. I don't think I've ever seen him skate hard for more than 15 seconds on any shift. One burst and that's it. Maybe not even one burst per shift. I know it's been a few years since I've seen and apreciated Bure at his prime and maybe it's selective memory. But I remember Bure as an ultra intense speed demon that played like a possesed demon 100 percent of the time. Selling out on every shift. Laying atomic elbows on Shane Churlas in the playoffs. Max is so far away from that that they don't even exist in the same galaxy, not even on the same plane of reality. Max is memorex. In conclusion, unless he has an ephany or maybe gets a fresh start somewhere else...I figure what you see is what you get. A very skilled skater that'll tease every once in a while, but a tease is only good for a good time not a long time. Shy.

edit: I mis qutoed that rockerish 80's song for my last line. How can you tell I don't listen to that stuff??? hehe. peace.

Last edited by ShyCheetah: 01-30-2004 at 05:26 AM.
Old
01-30-2004, 05:26 AM
Takeo

Max is a lightning quick skater with Bure-like agility. He's got all the moves in the world but has trouble finishing and rarely uses his linemates effectively. His defensive awareness is improving (+2) and he's actually been one of Buffalo's most consistent workers this season.

Old
01-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Afino
The Juice

And that was the thing...no one could really keep up with him...linemates couldn't get down there fast enough to use them :p

Closed Thread