HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Sat., Jan. 25, 2014| Bruins 6 at Flyers 1

Old
01-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
Until they sign or get traded somewhere then they become a productive player. I can see much of our roster flourishing somewhere else.
There are too many of the same player and on one sparks fear in the opponent's defense

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Stizzle

Just checked the fancy stats for today...

On the bright side, Kimmo and Coburn had good Corsi #'s 5 on 5.
Also G won 63.6 pct of draws.

The worst 5 on 5 Corsi belongs to... Grossmann (Huge shock )
Vinny was a horrific 3 of 16 on draws (15.8% )

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 05:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Has there been a trade that has worked out as opposite of it's intention than Downie for Talbot? In a vacuum, that has proven that Berube is completely over matched as an NHL head coach. Holmgren made a trade that legitimately upgraded the offense, when the offense's percentages were going to turn around anyways, so it should have been a trade that made everyone look good. Instead, Downie was completely misused, and is being scratched for Chris Vandevelde. We're going to have to settle for simply clearing Talbot's contract, a player that's glue guy, leader, hard worker, etc., that one would say the team actually needs. And maybe Downie is moved along elsewhere for a draft pick. The only like-minded trade I can think of that worked out worse was Mike York, who was so reviled by Flyers fans that John Stevens scratched him for home games.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:06 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I flew up from Texas and caught the game in person. man, it was terrible...

But, on the bright side, I did catch a puck. First one of three to go out in the stands. That was pretty cool.

Wasn't easy to get a taxi to the stadium in the snow, and even harder to get one to come back to the hotel. Damn.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post

But, on the bright side, I did catch a puck. First one of three to go out in the stands. That was pretty cool.

Wasn't easy to get a taxi to the stadium in the snow, and even harder to get one to come back to the hotel. Damn.
So this is your fault... thanks man...

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:29 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Has there been a trade that has worked out as opposite of it's intention than Downie for Talbot? In a vacuum, that has proven that Berube is completely over matched as an NHL head coach. Holmgren made a trade that legitimately upgraded the offense, when the offense's percentages were going to turn around anyways, so it should have been a trade that made everyone look good. Instead, Downie was completely misused, and is being scratched for Chris Vandevelde. We're going to have to settle for simply clearing Talbot's contract, a player that's glue guy, leader, hard worker, etc., that one would say the team actually needs. And maybe Downie is moved along elsewhere for a draft pick. The only like-minded trade I can think of that worked out worse was Mike York, who was so reviled by Flyers fans that John Stevens scratched him for home games.
As bad as Downie has been, Maxi was just as invisible all last year and at the start of this season he wasn't any better.

I don't miss him.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Quote:
JVR for L. Schenn? Didn't we need a PMD who could be a Pronger type? Oh, that's not Luke Schenn?

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 06:44 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
So this is your fault... thanks man...
Sorry. Don't blame me

If only they would make Rinaldo captain. He could stop this slide

Old
01-25-2014, 08:17 PM
tehcount

This really feels like dissent to me. I think something happened in the back office to cause these lackluster performances. Whether the players are getting fed up with the coach or GM, or there's some other internal conflict. Those guys today didn't give a **** and it was obvious. Total mental loss from the beginning.

Yes the Bruins are one of those teams who have generally dominated the Flyers for a few years now, but it's not just that one game... The players remind me of an office full of workers who are pissed off at a horrible management decision and suddenly "everything stops working". They went on that recent hot streak, everything was looking good, then suddenly it all crumbled. It just makes no sense, especially for a Flyers team. Even the Bruins announcers were shocked at how nonchalant and dead Philly was looking.

Last edited by tehcount: 01-25-2014 at 08:32 PM.
tehcount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

LOL, Bruins won 2-1

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...Flyers-21.html

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 10:03 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
my god, i am so sorry.

hope you had atleast some fun

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 10:19 PM
The Dream
Embiid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Just checked the fancy stats for today...

On the bright side, Kimmo and Coburn had good Corsi #'s 5 on 5.
Also G won 63.6 pct of draws.

The worst 5 on 5 Corsi belongs to... Grossmann (Huge shock )
Vinny was a horrific 3 of 16 on draws (15.8% )
I did not get to watch the game. What line was Vinny centering? And did he have to face off against Bergeron all night, playing him can really hurt your draw stats.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
I did not get to watch the game. What line was Vinny centering? And did he have to face off against Bergeron all night, playing him can really hurt your draw stats.
It was Vinny, Schenn, Simmer. I don't know the distribution of who he faced in the dot, but I doubt it was a majority versus Bergeron.

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 06:14 AM
Coffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
It was Vinny, Schenn, Simmer. I don't know the distribution of who he faced in the dot, but I doubt it was a majority versus Bergeron.
Well Bergeron was his most common opponent.

LECAVALIER, VINCENT, 3-19 / 16%
vs. 11 C CAMPBELL, GREGORY, 2-5 / 40%
vs. 34 C SODERBERG, CARL, 1-2 / 50%
vs. 37 C BERGERON, PATRICE, 0-8 / 0%
vs. 46 C KREJCI, DAVID, 0-4 / 0%

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Holmgren just throws together a bunch of players without thought of chemistry. This team isn't good enough and they should be sellers right now. It's time to give the young guys more ice time. Hartnell, Timonen, Lecavalier, Streit they all should be on the blocks (if they would waive NTCs).

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 09:28 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
my god, i am so sorry.

hope you had atleast some fun
Yea, it is still a good time to come down and see a game. It's a three hour drive for me to get to the Stars stadium. I go a couple times a year usually. But, I am not a Stars fan.

So, fun to see my favorite team, even if they lost...

Old
01-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I missed the game because I was at a wedding all day. At around 7pm, I was taking a short break from dancing and I suddenly wondered how the game went. At that freaking moment the DJ starts playing "Don't Stop The Party."

I took it as a sign of glorious victory, and hopped back onto the floor to celebrate with a Pitbull fistpump.

I just got home and checked the score. So much for that.

Were there any positives?

01-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I missed the game because I was at a wedding all day. At around 7pm, I was taking a short break from dancing and I suddenly wondered how the game went. At that freaking moment the DJ starts playing "Don't Stop The Party."

I took it as a sign of glorious victory, and hopped back onto the floor to celebrate with a Pitbull fistpump.

I just got home and checked the score. So much for that.

Were there any positives?
I lost interest after it was a clear blow-out, but like I said on the first page the only positive I could think of is that it wasn't a shutout. Got nothing else.

It was the same game as usual in some respects. Mason was weaker then usual though (like weaker then his 'average' self for the past month or two) and Gustafsson was our best D really which seemed to rub off on Schenn. So you can surely expect that he'll get benched for Meszaros next game.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I saw Gus was an even +/- in the blowout.

If they ever play Mez again I'll put my face into a food processor.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:

someone must pay for making Meszaros look like the bum defensively that he is.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:

Yep, to me the positives of the game were...

-No shutout

-Gus was easily our best Dman and he made LSchenn look better than he has in weeks

-Berube FINALLY put Schenn at 1st line LW and they immediately had the best scoring opportunity of the entire game. The problem was the D caused them to be stuck in the Dzone all game so they didn't really get to do much.

... and that's about it.

Both Grossmann and Mason looked like they were competing for some kind of award for playing as poorly as possible. I'd say they both accomplished their goal.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote