HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HTR rumor

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2004, 10:40 AM
  #1
EquabaleAce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
HTR rumor

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article4121.html

it was already discussed here but it was posted yesterday on htr so i though i'd pass it along

EquabaleAce is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 11:13 AM
  #2
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article4121.html

it was already discussed here but it was posted yesterday on htr so i though i'd pass it along
id rather we get cole, would be alote cheaper, but damn oniell could make the top line more forcefull. imo nothing happens

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 11:36 AM
  #3
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
imo nothing happens
exactly!

All-Star is online now  
Old
01-29-2004, 12:01 PM
  #4
EquabaleAce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
i would have to agree there but you never know.

i think cole would be alot cheaper and what a playoff performer he would be to us

it would prolly take hossa + 3rd to land cole and he could fit instantly on the 2nd or even 1st line LW

EquabaleAce is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 08:26 PM
  #5
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
i would have to agree there but you never know.

i think cole would be alot cheaper and what a playoff performer he would be to us

it would prolly take hossa + 3rd to land cole and he could fit instantly on the 2nd or even 1st line LW
given cole's contract status (he's cheap AND good) i think he'd be less likely to go or atleast IMO he'd "Cost" more than oneill to obtain :|
but i could always be wrong (and lets hope i am)

sandman08 is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 08:41 PM
  #6
Zednik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Why would Carolina trade Cole for Hossa ? They have no reason... Cole is still young and cheap. IMO, it would cost way more than Hossa. How about a 1st pick ?

Zednik is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 09:14 PM
  #7
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,610
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Cole is a one year wonder, he has had one great playoffs and people lump him in as a budding PF. I don't think he is all that great. I say a step below Brendan Morrow.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 09:18 PM
  #8
GhostOfTheForum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Cole?

that would be sweet but Carolina would only do that if they were going out of business or stoned

but what a team we would have for years if we got Cole to go with the rest of our young guns

GhostOfTheForum is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 09:49 PM
  #9
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
imo nothing happens
just like all the others 461243 stupid rumors involving the Habs...


Last edited by BigM1ke: 01-29-2004 at 10:58 PM.
BigM1ke is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 09:56 PM
  #10
GhostOfTheForum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
uh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
just like all the others 461243 stupid rumors involving the Habs...
we do seem to talk alot about the habs and different trade rumours and trade specualation and dream trades

perhaps it's cause this is the Habs section

and I'm curious how you know it is a stupid rumour or that any rumour is and not just a trade that did not come to fruition

if you have a pipeline to BG's office then post more and fill us in so we don't speculate

GhostOfTheForum is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 09:58 PM
  #11
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
we do seem to talk alot about the habs and different trade rumours and trade specualation and dream trades

perhaps it's cause this is the Habs section

and I'm curious how you know it is a stupid rumour or that any rumour is and not just a trade that did not come to fruition

if you have a pipeline to BG's office then post more and fill us in so we don't speculate
I'm saying this because I see at least 3 new rumors each day around here.. and I have NEVER seen one of them come to life yet since I'm on these boards.. and I've been WAY longer than you so I saw a bunch of rumors believe me.

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 09:59 PM
  #12
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,979
vCash: 2600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Cole is a one year wonder, he has had one great playoffs and people lump him in as a budding PF. I don't think he is all that great. I say a step below Brendan Morrow.
Even if that year was fluke Cole bring some intagibles to a hockey team , when he'll reach 30-33 years old he'll be among the elite 3rd liner player if he's not on a top line .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 10:04 PM
  #13
GhostOfTheForum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I'm saying this because I see at least 3 new rumors each day around here.. and I have NEVER seen one of them come to life yet since I'm on these boards.. and I've been WAY longer than you so I saw a bunch of rumors believe me.
WELL, actually I HAVE been coming on here for YEARS under a DIFFERENT nick but I changed it AGAIN in Nov. of 2003 but I defer to YOUR seniority but it still doesn't change the fact that any rumor COULD happen and that is why we ENJOY it.

*LOL* It is more fun when you use CAPITALS alot.

GhostOfTheForum is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 10:07 PM
  #14
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
WELL, actually I HAVE been coming on here for YEARS under a DIFFERENT nick but I changed it AGAIN in Nov. of 2003 but I defer to YOUR seniority but it still doesn't change the fact that any rumor COULD happen and that is why we ENJOY it.

*LOL* It is more fun when you use CAPITALS alot.
I don't KNOW what you're talking ABOUT.

So have you SEEN one rumor REALIZED?

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
01-29-2004, 10:16 PM
  #15
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,610
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Don't get mad guys, look what the devils have to put up with, we have Brooks making up rumors that the devils lose big tim in every week. The guy hates the devils yet he writes about them.

If I were montreal I would have some serious looks at Leclerc from Anaheim, he is a rough forward that can contribute on offense.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 02:51 AM
  #16
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
I would be pretty happy if the Habs got Oneal but IMO it is unlikely the Habs will be able to obtain him. Some team trying to win the cup will probably outbid us by the deadline.

Go Habs Go is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 03:10 AM
  #17
jacklours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Magog
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
I don't know why this was posted as a rumor though, it's basically just Pierre McGuire saying that a team like the habs could be interested in a played like ONeill. It's just an analyst opinion

jacklours is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 06:26 PM
  #18
Richsun99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
If the habs can only get a guy like Erik Cole would be awesome well at least plays like his style , him on the Koivu line with zednik would be awesome . Cole as crash banger , Zednik will knock down trees with his skating and Saku setting them up with goals! Constant Dreaming!

Richsun99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.