HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Scouting and Development in GM Connected vs Be a GM

Old
01-24-2014, 07:08 PM
Karamazov

vCash: 500
Scouting and Development in GM Connected vs Be a GM

Hey guys,
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I haven't been able to find anything about it. I've played both Be a GM and GM Connected and I've noticed major differences regarding prospect progression and scouting.

Prospect Development:
In be a GM, you control the farm team (hence the playing time to an extent) and there progress reports. In GM Connected there are no progress reports and I have no idea if they progress at all during the season, if playing time affects anything, etc. Does anyone have any insight about whether there are actual differences?

Scouting:
In be a GM you seem to have much more control over your scouting and it actually seems to work. I've basically given up on trying to control this aspect in GM Connected. Do any of you have tips on the best methods to scout and determine player potential in GM Connected?

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Last edited by Karamazov: 01-24-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added title prefix
Karamazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2014, 02:21 PM
n00bxQb

I won't speak about BAGM because I don't have the data to back any claims up yet, but with GM Connected, progression is random for the vast majority of players.

Certain players (Rielly, Ceci, etc.) break the mold, but I believe this is programmed in as they develop the same in every GM Connected test league I've set up (note: All of my test leagues are based on the September rosters; newer leagues may vary).

Playing time, success (or lack of), etc. doesn't matter.

Most players will hit their peak at Age 25 and you occasionally get the odd player that peaks a couple of years before or after that.

You can check out my data for progression ranges here

Scouting in GM Connected is almost useless. Unfortunately, the only thing less useful than scouting is not scouting at all. I've found I get the best results when I scout a location 6 weeks at a time, but going back a second time rarely brings any more information. If your commish doesn't skip past the September 28-October 2 tick (which he should, it's just begging for trouble if he doesn't), you'll be able to see who all the top 5, top 10, and 1st round players are and you should be able to set up your scouting strategy based on that.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Karamazov

Thanks a lot for the insight n00bxQb. I'll try to start the six week scouting trips next season. I'll let the commish know about skipping past September 28-October 2 for next season. What's the "trouble" you can run into if you don't? Again, thanks for getting back to me on this - it's appreciated

Karamazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 05:37 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
Thanks a lot for the insight n00bxQb. I'll try to start the six week scouting trips next season. I'll let the commish know about skipping past September 28-October 2 for next season. What's the "trouble" you can run into if you don't? Again, thanks for getting back to me on this - it's appreciated
If GMs make adjustments to their rosters during that tick, when it's advanced to the October 3rd tick, the AI automatically adjusts the rosters. Sometimes, this can result in players disappearing. It's especially dangerous if any players are signed or traded during the tick.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote