HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

What is with Owen Sound ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2007, 07:26 AM
  #51
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biginthewest View Post
As a leader you are expected to take the brunt of the teams short comings as well as the successes that are produced.
And I am not talking individual effort i am talking about team effort which is what owen sound lacks.
If you look at the beginning of the season you would see what i am talking about. Ryan came back from training camp with his team in mind. And all of the sudden when the team gets into this slump his thought process has changed completely. Not to mention trying to chase the points record. It was inevitable that it would have happened but this was his main priority and i am afraid it still is. He does not want anyone breaking the record right.
Maybe he puck hogs to challenge himself? Could it be because last year his linemates weren't all that good at finishing?(their Coach apologized to Burke because of how often his linemates would blow chances). Judging by his comments he was pretty embarrassed about the whole 3rd star thing in that type of game, that would show maturity on his part to apologize to the fans, rather than gloat about his accomplishment.

I have heard he has a noticeably better two way game, and now he's developing a mean streak with 5 fights this year. He put on too much weight during the summer trying to bulk up and that obviously was not a good idea.

I hope they make the playoffs but there isn't much depth, their goaltending seems mediocre. What do they have after Lewis, Ryan, Sanguinetti and Simmonds?

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 08:25 AM
  #52
biginthewest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post
Maybe he puck hogs to challenge himself? Could it be because last year his linemates weren't all that good at finishing?(their Coach apologized to Burke because of how often his linemates would blow chances). Judging by his comments he was pretty embarrassed about the whole 3rd star thing in that type of game, that would show maturity on his part to apologize to the fans, rather than gloat about his accomplishment.

I have heard he has a noticeably better two way game, and now he's developing a mean streak with 5 fights this year. He put on too much weight during the summer trying to bulk up and that obviously was not a good idea.

I hope they make the playoffs but there isn't much depth, their goaltending seems mediocre. What do they have after Lewis, Ryan, Sanguinetti and Simmonds?
I guess one could say that we say alot of the challenging of ones self through the entire league. So I guess I should not expect anything more or less from Ryan. This years team is different fom last years team. Just because he had nobody to finish last year is no excuse for this year. Especially with guys like Lewis and the recent addition of Martin who can finish. Not to take anything away from anyone but the OHL is more of show off your skills league where as the WHL seems to emphasize more on the physical and team aspect of the game.

Ryans' two way play in most games is non-existant. I rarely see him making any solid efforts on the backcheck. It almost seems as if he kind of gives up when play heads back up the ice. I think his fighting/toughness was mainly to prove that he can hang which he can. I thought and still think it was a good idea for him to put on that extra weight. It has helped his game from a physical stand point. Seems to hold his ground better. Guadagnolo i think is a little better than mediocre. Just needs some defence to help him as well as offense that can provide better support on the backcheck. With guys like Martin, Tregunna, Peckman and Hedman there should be no reason why they can't make a good run for the playoffs and maybe even advance through the 1st or 2nd rounds but I think they are going to have a tough time going beyond that.

biginthewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 09:25 AM
  #53
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biginthewest View Post
Ryans' two way play in most games is non-existant.I rarely see him making any solid efforts on the backcheck. It almost seems as if he kind of gives up when play heads back up the ice.
That's complete garbage.

Quote:
With guys like Martin, Tregunna, Peckman and Hedman there should be no reason why they can't make a good run for the playoffs and maybe even advance through the 1st or 2nd rounds but I think they are going to have a tough time going beyond that.
This is a great example of how you have no clue what you are talking about. Hedman was traded about 3 weeks ago.

Peckham I would say has probably been the worst player on the team this year.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 10:50 AM
  #54
biginthewest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFlyers View Post
That's complete garbage.



This is a great example of how you have no clue what you are talking about. Hedman was traded about 3 weeks ago.

Peckham I would say has probably been the worst player on the team this year.
Was wondering when i see more of your lame interpertions of something you know nothing about.
Thats right don't know why i put Hedman down. Oh well. I actually meant Bailey and McCullough.
Completly disagree with you about Peckman. Because of your statement I now know why you have nothing better to do but to sit on this blasted forum and make yourself sound bigger than you really are.
Also your animosity is next to none.
Of course mine would be to if i was Flyers fan.

biginthewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 11:31 AM
  #55
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biginthewest View Post
Was wondering when i see more of your lame interpertions of something you know nothing about.
Thats right don't know why i put Hedman down. Oh well. I actually meant Bailey and McCullough.
Completly disagree with you about Peckman. Because of your statement I now know why you have nothing better to do but to sit on this blasted forum and make yourself sound bigger than you really are.
Also your animosity is next to none.
Of course mine would be to if i was Flyers fan.
Ummm.... Bailey is gone too. Wanna try a third time?

After watching Peckham a few games this year, I'd have to agree with FeartheFlyers - he spends more time looking for the big hit or his next fight than he does playing the way he can.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 02:22 PM
  #56
Boomhower
Registered User
 
Boomhower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Ummm.... Bailey is gone too. Wanna try a third time?
.

McCullough was also traded at the deadline.

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 02:29 PM
  #57
OHLArenaGuide
Registered User
 
OHLArenaGuide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London ON/St John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biginthewest View Post
Was wondering when i see more of your lame interpertions of something you know nothing about.
Thats right don't know why i put Hedman down. Oh well. I actually meant Bailey and McCullough.
Completly disagree with you about Peckman. Because of your statement I now know why you have nothing better to do but to sit on this blasted forum and make yourself sound bigger than you really are.
Also your animosity is next to none.
Of course mine would be to if i was Flyers fan.
This is seriously hilarious.

OHLArenaGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
  #58
biginthewest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLArenaGuide View Post
This is seriously hilarious.
I know try to lighten the mood.

biginthewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
  #59
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
I seriously doubt this guy has actually watched an Attack game this year.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
  #60
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFlyers View Post
I seriously doubt this guy has actually watched an Attack game this year.
From what i've seen he definitely does not share the majority opinion among attack fans on other boards. And plenty of them think Ryan started to develop into a two way player, so that's where I got that from never really got into the puck hogging stuff or anything but I don't think it's too uncommon for JR players especially when they think they have to do everything to compete.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.