HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New GM

Old
01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
can't wait for Hextall to take over, not have immediate results and everyone turn on him
Actually, because of the way everyone reacted to Homer's move, and the love people for Hextall (myself included), I can very easily see the anti-Homer crowd become the pro-Hextall crowd, at least at first. Every bad move will be met with the same excuses the pro-Homer people make for Homer, and there will plenty of reasons why Hextall's move, although the same as Homer's move, is completely different.

I look forward to hearing the backpedaling people do when Hextall trades a pick or a prospect and see how great of a move it is.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
I'm shocked we aren't back to seeing the defense first system that was implemented when he first got here. Who cares if you aren't scoring 4 goals a game, just have to score more than the other team. And you have to stop them first.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 10:47 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Actually, because of the way everyone reacted to Homer's move, and the love people for Hextall (myself included), I can very easily see the anti-Homer crowd become the pro-Hextall crowd, at least at first. Every bad move will be met with the same excuses the pro-Homer people make for Homer, and there will plenty of reasons why Hextall's move, although the same as Homer's move, is completely different.

I look forward to hearing the backpedaling people do when Hextall trades a pick or a prospect and see how great of a move it is.

Quote:
Fiction is the form of any work that deals, in part or in whole, with information or events that are not real, but rather, imaginary and theoretical—that is, invented by the author.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiction

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 11:00 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Just a prediction.

Old
01-27-2014, 11:18 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Just a prediction.
I know..just rippin.

But I definitely won't be one to support Hextall if he is Homer-like....

Old
01-27-2014, 11:29 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I know..just rippin.

But I definitely won't be one to support Hextall if he is Homer-like....
I'm gonna be all over Hextall for every single move, just to spark the conversation to hear the responses I get, then call everyone a Hextall apologist.

Old
01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
LegionOfDoom91

I don't know about here but I think the casual fan will be more lenient on Hextall because of his playing days.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 11:45 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I'm gonna be all over Hextall for every single move, just to spark the conversation to hear the responses I get, then call everyone a Hextall apologist.
That little triangle is going to be very active

Old
01-27-2014, 11:50 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
That little triangle is going to be very active
Totes worth it.

Old
01-27-2014, 11:54 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:

kind of like those pro-Bryz fans

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 11:57 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't know about here but I think the casual fan will be more lenient on Hextall because of his playing days.
those same fans that think Hextall was an amazing goalie throughout his entire career and not just his rookie year

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:

Yeah, it's not gonna happen.

People aren't anti-Homer for the sake of not liking Homer on some personal level. They're anti-Homer because of the actual job he's done. If Hextall comes in and immediately starts doing questionable things people will turn on him immediately.

I think a more accurate prediction is that the people who defend the organization will continue defending and those who criticize will continue criticizing.

01-27-2014, 12:26 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, it's not gonna happen.

People aren't anti-Homer for the sake of not liking Homer on some personal level. They're anti-Homer because of the actual job he's done. If Hextall comes in and immediately starts doing questionable things people will turn on him immediately.

I think a more accurate prediction is that the people who defend the organization will continue defending and those who criticize will continue criticizing.
You're no fun.

Old
01-27-2014, 12:42 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

It's do or die time for Holmgren, flawed Flyers

Per Al " one day we will get Weber" Morganti...

Pretty obvious the Flyers have had a flawed roster since last season...glad somebody from our genius press corps has picked up on it....

Quote:
The loss to Boston was ugly in every area: effort, cohesion, discipline, and flat out talent. However, it was also nearly as ugly a few nights earlier at home against a Carolina team with not nearly the skill as the Bruins, and so too at Columbus, a team poised to take the Flyers’ spot in the playoffs.

Flyers coach Craig Berube has pulled all the usual tricks out of the coaching bag, but he can’t pull a rabbit out of a hat. Berube has changed goalies, benched players, moved lines, called unexpected practices, and sent out the storm troopers when he had to try to change momentum.

None of it worked.

The only logical conclusion is that this is not a roster from which you can expect long-term success. General manager Paul Holmgren made some sweet moves with an eye to the future with solid young players such as Brayden Schenn, Jake Voracek and Wayne Simmonds, but the collection of players appears to be unmanageable in terms of chemistry.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/n...kByAkGWG0eu.99