HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Line has to be changed

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2007, 11:21 PM
  #1
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
First Line has to be changed

Our first line is done, nothing seems to work. So lets put the 3 most talented foward together.

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev

They had one shift together today and it led to Dandenault's goal.

What do you guys think?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 11:33 PM
  #2
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Samsonov-Koivu-Perezhogin
Lats-Pleks-Kovalev
Higgins-Bonk-Johnson
Ryder-Lapierre-Streit

Is what I would like to see. Is it just me or do we have alot of wingers?
Begin
Downey
Murray
to add a few more.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 11:54 PM
  #3
Geoffvp
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
I concur. Higgins and Ryder are doing nothing and need a wake up call. Koivu deserves some better players with him.

Geoffvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 11:57 PM
  #4
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffvp View Post
I concur. Higgins and Ryder are doing nothing and need a wake up call. Koivu deserves some better players with him.
To be fair to the two other guys, Koivu hasn't been on top of is game either, although I did think tonight was an encouraging performance for him. I agree, it's time for a change.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:08 AM
  #5
Rockomax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mtl
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
This is a kind of reply to buddahsmoka1 , but I adress it to everyone...If you're gonna keep Kovalev and Koivu separated, as much as I like latendresse, I'd rather have Higgins on the second line. Although the two of them can score (well Higgins is on a cold streak, but will come back stronger), Higgins is a lot faster and I think he could create more scoring chances on that line than Latendresse. So I would just switch them (Higgins to the 2nd line and Latendresse on the third), so that Higgins can regain his scoring touch while in the mean time, Latendresse could still have some quality ice time...

Thoughts?

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:14 AM
  #6
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Our first line is done, nothing seems to work. So lets put the 3 most talented foward together.

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev

They had one shift together today and it led to Dandenault's goal.

What do you guys think?

I dont mind seeing a line like this once in a while for spot duty. If Carbo sees a situation where the opposition's top D pair are on the bench, and these 3 guys are fresh, then I wouldn't mind Carbo sending this trio out once in a while.

Its just that the players gotta stay sharp at the bench and pay attention to the line shuffling to avoid needless "too many men"

Obviously, its a lot harder to pull this off on the road than at home but we saw a shift with them together tonight which resulted in a goal.

It keeps the opposition on their toes if they get matchup crazy too.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:05 AM
  #7
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,049
vCash: 500
Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Plekanek-Kovalev
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Streit

If Lats play badly , put Perez on first line .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:51 AM
  #8
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Time to bring out Kostitsyn and give another chance to Perezhogin, maybe they will be willing to play a full 60 minutes unlike some of our current roster...

Samsonov Koivu Kovalev
Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn
Latendresse Bonk Johnson
Perezhogin Lapierre Ryder

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
  #9
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Time to bring out Kostitsyn and give another chance to Perezhogin, maybe they will be willing to play a full 60 minutes unlike some of our current roster...

Samsonov Koivu Kovalev
Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn
Latendresse Bonk Johnson
Perezhogin Lapierre Ryder
I like these lines.. but the one change I would make is switching Latendresse for Perezhogin.. only because I think Latendresse makes the fourth line more crash and bang and the PB and J line was one of our best all season long.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:40 AM
  #10
skipp18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Ryder is garbage right now. His whole game is struggling. He's taking useless penalties and making poor decisions. Lat night vs the Pens he shot everytime he should have passed and passed everytime he should have shot.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:42 AM
  #11
The n00b King *
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
i dont know if you guys noticed but Perez was a healthy scratch again last night. For Murray... haha

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:50 AM
  #12
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
yeah, deff need a change

kovy - forsberg- higgins

ryder - koivu- samsanov

latendresse - pleks- begin

perezhogin -bonk - johnson

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:53 AM
  #13
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,554
vCash: 500
Leave them together for now...they'll figure it out IMO.

Not only that, but Samsonov needs to stay the hell away from Kovalev.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:17 AM
  #14
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
This is a kind of reply to buddahsmoka1 , but I adress it to everyone...If you're gonna keep Kovalev and Koivu separated, as much as I like latendresse, I'd rather have Higgins on the second line. Although the two of them can score (well Higgins is on a cold streak, but will come back stronger), Higgins is a lot faster and I think he could create more scoring chances on that line than Latendresse. So I would just switch them (Higgins to the 2nd line and Latendresse on the third), so that Higgins can regain his scoring touch while in the mean time, Latendresse could still have some quality ice time...

Thoughts?
This is how I would do it as well... nothing drastic but could really help waking up Higgins without hurting the 1st line too much.

Lats-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Plek-Kovalev
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Streit-Lapierre-Whoever

My reasoning:

Samsonov: I don't get why people want to take him off this line already. Do fans have that bad a memory? Samsonov literally sucked all season long and he's finally starting to play well with Bonk & Johnson and people want to put him elsewhere. Come on! Leave him where it's working. And for God's sake, above all, don't put him back on a line with Kovalev!

Kovalev-Koivu: Another memory lapse I guess, but this one is more understandable because it dates from last year. They were a duo for a good chunk of season when both were in the line-up. It wasn't effective because the opponent could put all their defensive missions against 1 line. The team started doing better when they were split up. I'm sure Carbonneau remembers because he was there. And it worked. Habs don't have enough secondary offense to stack these guys on 1 line. They get PP time together and that's fine.

Latendresse: He played well with Koivu & Ryder and is not really finding the same game with Kovalev & Pleks. Koivu & Ryder need a guy that can dig the puck out of the corners and win 1-on-1 battles (what Higgins used to do well and another reason why I don't think Samsonov is the answer for the 1st line) and Lats can bring this.

Higgins-Pleks-Kovalev: Pleks & Kovalev have been turning it up lately. Playing with confident players may just be what the doctor ordered for Higgins.

Ryder: I know some of you don't like him, but he doesn't belong on a 4th line. He's been terrible lately (and so has Koivu & Higgins) but we still need his sniping. He was doing fine with Koivu & Lats earlier and hopefully he can rekindle that going forward. In no way is Perezhogin a potential replacement for Ryder. I cannot understand how someone that's hard on Ryder because of his production cannot be even more disappointed in Perezhogin - at least Ryder is creating things at times and getting chances out there; Perezhogin has been invisible for a long time now.


Last edited by Turbo: 02-02-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:58 AM
  #15
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Lats - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Lapierre - Streit

These lines offer the perfect mix of chemistry, speed, size and goal scoring.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:33 AM
  #16
cjbhab
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipp18 View Post
Ryder is garbage right now. His whole game is struggling. He's taking useless penalties and making poor decisions. Lat night vs the Pens he shot everytime he should have passed and passed everytime he should have shot.

haha, ya that hook last night was ridiculous, he needs to keep his ****in stick down, does he think he is justin williams or something

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:48 AM
  #17
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
the one change I would make is switching Latendresse for Perezhogin
I don't think Perezhogin will be a Hab anymore at the deadline. Just a feeling.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
  #18
GoHabsGO252006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
In my opinion Ryder stinks terribly and regardless of his compulsory 2 goal game once a month ,he's got to go. i cannot see him being back on this team next year when we have 2 or 3 forwards in the A who are more complete. I think his lack of passing ability and vision actually hurts the line more than the few goals he scores helps.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:19 AM
  #19
hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
I actually liked sammy on that third line, I thought he looked more effective with two guys that play at a slower pace instead of 3 high skill guys making 30 moves and coming away with nothing. I think pleky and kovalev also look better since that line broke up. Would still like to see a higgins pleky kovalev line and perez on the top line, but Carbo likes to change his lines every six months, so I am not going to hold my breath.....

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
  #20
Rockomax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mtl
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Lats - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Lapierre - Streit

These lines offer the perfect mix of chemistry, speed, size and goal scoring.
Agreed. + plekanec and higgins usually play well together, although I don't remember having seen Ryder with Pleks, I think it could work out well too. No question about the 1st line, it would be great. The only thing that bothers me is Murray in that lineup, I know you don't like Perezhogin, but he would certainly be an upgrade over Murray...

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:25 AM
  #21
The n00b King *
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
I don't think Perezhogin will be a Hab anymore at the deadline. Just a feeling.
im most definitely with you on that one

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:26 AM
  #22
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Agreed. + plekanec and higgins usually play well together, although I don't remember having seen Ryder with Pleks, I think it could work out well too. No question about the 1st line, it would be great. The only thing that bothers me is Murray in that lineup, I know you don't like Perezhogin, but he would certainly be an upgrade over Murray...
As a fourth liner I disagree. Murray has put forth a solid effort in the last 2 games and it's his spot to lose atm.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:28 AM
  #23
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Murray= more icing than a wedding cake... please garth fight someone soon... I hope he fights ruutu on sunday... that'd be a good fight. he needs to be more physical that's what almost cost him is chance with the habs...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:28 AM
  #24
Rockomax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mtl
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
As a fourth liner I disagree. Murray has put forth a solid effort in the last 2 games and it's his spot to lose atm.
Well... sure can't disagree there.

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
  #25
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse 4 View Post
Murray= more icing than a wedding cake... please garth fight someone soon... I hope he fights ruutu on sunday... that'd be a good fight. he needs to be more physical that's what almost cost him is chance with the habs...
As far as I know Ruutu doesn't fight unless he knows he'll win. Sort of like Sean Avery. I don't think Jarkko would fight Garth, but if he does, my moneys on Garth.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.