HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

[EDM/STL] David Perron for Magnus Paajarvi + 2nd '14 | Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2013, 01:53 AM
  #701
northern2020
Registered User
 
northern2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Kevin Lowe assembled a Stanley Cup final calibre roster. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.
Safe say MacT's pedigree and intellect will out surpass K-Lowe, with no disrespect to the latter

northern2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 02:01 AM
  #702
JoeCool16
Registered User
 
JoeCool16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant at worst, but phrased it wrong
Haha yep, I meant at worst. Whoops!

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:03 AM
  #703
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Did Paajarvi get waived or what?
Not yet, and I doubt he will, he would never make it through waivers. They waived Chris Porter I believe.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:14 AM
  #704
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern2020 View Post
Safe say MacT's pedigree and intellect will out surpass K-Lowe, with no disrespect to the latter
Wow, set the bar high!

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:43 AM
  #705
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,688
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
JJ has according to Ny I fans looked great in a couple of games a season and disappeared for the rest. If he can pot 6-7 goals driving the net it will be good for him if looking at his earlier career. Hopes he can start to be consistent in nhl games and rough it up in the goalarea. One issue i noticed is that he going down to much for a big guy, even in contact with smaller guys (balance ?).



4th liner at most ! His main problem is his confident and adapting to the na game. He has the speed and size to be a great third liner, 45 p a year two way player, also could be a excellent pk er. Hes still developing his na game and when he find his confident he will be rock solid out there.
The thing is the Oilers are so thin in terms of big players who can play that Joensuu is going to get a multitude of opportunities.
Likely even some PP time.

Joensuu also missed most of last season with a sports hernia so his 23 year old year is really the last time he had any significant NHL ice time.
If he cant get 23 or more points with the opportunities he is going to get then he doesn't deserve another chance at an NHL roster.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:07 PM
  #706
Gardiner Expressway
Registered User
 
Gardiner Expressway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 619
vCash: 450
Leafs fan here in peace...

I know that Perron has been great in Edmonton but STL fans and Hitchcock seem happy with MPS and his projectability and apparently there are some rumblings of Perron wanting to play for a competitor...

Anyone change their opinion on the trade based on the fact that the 2nd round Oilers pick sent to St. Louis is going to be 31-35?

Gardiner Expressway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:10 PM
  #707
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 500
The Oilers haven't had their roster positively impacted by a second round or later draft pick since 2006.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:10 PM
  #708
Arpeggio
Registered User
 
Arpeggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Expressway View Post
Leafs fan here in peace...

I know that Perron has been great in Edmonton but STL fans and Hitchcock seem happy with MPS and his projectability and apparently there are some rumblings of Perron wanting to play for a competitor...

Anyone change their opinion on the trade based on the fact that the 2nd round Oilers pick sent to St. Louis is going to be 31-35?
Really? He's accomplished absolutely nothing there, doubt he'll be on the Blues next season. And Perron's got a contract, if he wants out sucks for him. Though I haven't heard anything about that.

I assume most of us are still thrilled with the deal.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
  #709
Gardiner Expressway
Registered User
 
Gardiner Expressway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 619
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Really? He's accomplished absolutely nothing there, doubt he'll be on the Blues next season. And Perron's got a contract, if he wants out sucks for him. Though I haven't heard anything about that.

I assume most of us are still thrilled with the deal.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1567709
Couple posts on the Blues board, from today in fact, about Paajarvi playing well but just being burried by excellent STL depth.

You're right that Perron's got a contract that keeps him in Edmonton, but from next year it'll be a 2 year deal and if the team is still in the gutter and he gets a bit vocal you can bet there will be rumblings of "trade him before he walks on us next year."

Don't get me wrong... I think Perron's great and young/cheap enough that he is a valuable guy to build around. I'm just wondering if the fact that MPS+2nd is worth more now than it was at the time of the trade changes anyone's opinion.

A couple of the higher profile names that might be draftable there: Honka,Pastrnak,Ho-Sang,Larkin,Schmaltz,Goldobin,Scherbak,Tkachev


Last edited by Gardiner Expressway: 01-27-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Gardiner Expressway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:17 PM
  #710
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Expressway View Post
Leafs fan here in peace...

I know that Perron has been great in Edmonton but STL fans and Hitchcock seem happy with MPS and his projectability and apparently there are some rumblings of Perron wanting to play for a competitor...

Anyone change their opinion on the trade based on the fact that the 2nd round Oilers pick sent to St. Louis is going to be 31-35?
MPS has been brutal for the Blues not sure what you're talking about

And a 32nd pick in a weak draft is no loss...Perron has been unbelievable and will most likely outproduce MPS + 2nd rounder over their careers

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:17 PM
  #711
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Really? He's accomplished absolutely nothing there, doubt he'll be on the Blues next season. And Perron's got a contract, if he wants out sucks for him. Though I haven't heard anything about that.

I assume most of us are still thrilled with the deal.
Loved the trade when I heard about it and that hasn't changed.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:18 PM
  #712
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Expressway View Post
Leafs fan here in peace...

I know that Perron has been great in Edmonton but STL fans and Hitchcock seem happy with MPS and his projectability and apparently there are some rumblings of Perron wanting to play for a competitor...

Anyone change their opinion on the trade based on the fact that the 2nd round Oilers pick sent to St. Louis is going to be 31-35?
Paajarvi has 6 points in 31 games and is a -6. Perron's trade value is likely higher today than Paajarvi's and a high 2nd rounder would be today.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:19 PM
  #713
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,643
vCash: 500
Also, link to rumour that Perron wants to go to a contender?

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:28 PM
  #714
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
Also, link to rumour that Perron wants to go to a contender?
Exactly.

But even if he did, the trade return would be far better than the equivalent of Mags + 2nd.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:31 PM
  #715
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Exactly.

But even if he did, the trade return would be far better than the equivalent of Mags + 2nd.
And that's all that matters IMO. This was a trade as of right now that got us greater value in return than what we gave up. If Perron can fetch us a top 4D or a guy like Anisimov then that's fine by me.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
  #716
shogun99
Registered User
 
shogun99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 500
Every player on the Oilers wants to play for a contender. Now it's up to Mac T to build that contender so we don't lose most of our players in a few years.

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:45 PM
  #717
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
I follow Perron on twitter and unless he's the fakest dude ever, he seems to love playing here.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:58 PM
  #718
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
I follow Perron on twitter and unless he's the fakest dude ever, he seems to love playing here.
Exactly, Leaf fan coming in peace, my ass, more like leaf fan coming to **** stir.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:15 PM
  #719
Dubnykov
Registered User
 
Dubnykov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
I follow Perron on twitter and unless he's the fakest dude ever, he seems to love playing here.
He said he doesn't mind the Kings jerseys. He wants to go to LA

Dubnykov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:19 PM
  #720
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Expressway View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1567709
Couple posts on the Blues board, from today in fact, about Paajarvi playing well but just being burried by excellent STL depth.

You're right that Perron's got a contract that keeps him in Edmonton, but from next year it'll be a 2 year deal and if the team is still in the gutter and he gets a bit vocal you can bet there will be rumblings of "trade him before he walks on us next year."

Don't get me wrong... I think Perron's great and young/cheap enough that he is a valuable guy to build around. I'm just wondering if the fact that MPS+2nd is worth more now than it was at the time of the trade changes anyone's opinion.

A couple of the higher profile names that might be draftable there: Honka,Pastrnak,Ho-Sang,Larkin,Schmaltz,Goldobin,Scherbak,Tkachev
Question, will you change your name when Gardiner asks for a trade from Toronto to a contender?

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:26 PM
  #721
iCanada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
This bump scared the crap out of me.

Thought we traded Perron. Lol.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
  #722
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnykov View Post
He said he doesn't mind the Kings jerseys. He wants to go to LA
Trolls like this should be banned.

Here's what he actually said:

‏@DP_57 Jan 25
Pretty impressed with the outdoor game at dodger stadium! Wonder what the players think about the ice condition. + don't mind kings' jerseys

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
  #723
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell
 
Del Preston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,086
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Trolls like this should be banned.

Here's what he actually said:

‏@DP_57 Jan 25
Pretty impressed with the outdoor game at dodger stadium! Wonder what the players think about the ice condition. + don't mind kings' jerseys
Oh c'mon, pretty obvious that Dubnykov was joking/mocking the Leafs fan.

Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:54 PM
  #724
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Oh c'mon, pretty obvious that Dubnykov was joking/mocking the Leafs fan.
Pretty much. The one thing that I don't get is why this Leafs fan is so concerned about this trade? It's clear that we did very well in this trade (this coming for a big fan of Paajarvi).

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:56 PM
  #725
Samwise Gagner
We suck.
 
Samwise Gagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Question, will you change your name when Gardiner asks for a trade from Toronto to a contender?
Shots fired...

Samwise Gagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.