HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timonen throws down the gauntlet

Old
01-27-2014, 08:00 PM
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He's dismissing the idea of Theodore being included in any trade.

However Sami Vatanen may be a guy to look at.
I understood, I was joking on that second proposal, I was not sure of Theodore's value initially. All things considered I would want Kimmo to go to the Ducks. Root for Kimmo to get a cup, and Teemu to retire with another.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Feel horrible for Kimmo. A true warrior and he will go down as one of the great guys to wear the O&B
Yessir.

There were a select few that wanted him to be the next captain because he demanded a certain level of sacrifice from every player, but he also gave more than everybody on the ****ing ice.

It's no slight to Giroux. I just wish Timonen got the respect he ****ing deserved from everybody around the league. To go into every game at 5'11", and 195 lbs. soaking wet, and dominate some of the best talent the game has to offer, it's a testament to his will. The man wants to win more than most, and he makes it abundantly clear every time he speaks.

Just wish more players would listen.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:07 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
In our wildest dreams.

More like adam clendening if we are lucky or a joe morrow.
All depends. If Anaheim thinks that Timonen is the guy who can push them over the top, it's very possible that a top prospect like Theodore could be used as the main piece to acquire him. If Timonen does agree to a move, I think a bidding war is a definite probability for a defenseman still capable of playing 20+ minutes a night and play in all situations.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
All depends. If Anaheim thinks that Timonen is the guy who can push them over the top, it's very possible that a top prospect like Theodore could be used as the main piece to acquire him. If Timonen does agree to a move, I think a bidding war is a definite probability for a defenseman still capable of playing 20+ minutes a night and play in all situations.
How many people still remember 2010 and the nightmare that was Parent and Krajicek. Replace either player with a player of Timonen's ilk, and you have yourself a Stanley Cup. That is what some teams need to be thinking right now. I just wish the dude could win a Stanley Cup, because it's not happening with the Flyers, and he's been that outstanding a human being over the years.

Old
01-27-2014, 08:17 PM
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Does Anaheim have any decent wing prospects? I don't trust Hfuture's scale.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
In our wildest dreams.

More like adam clendening if we are lucky or a joe morrow.
Those were the names I was thinking as well. AHL guys that are ready to make a jump. That way they don't need to rush Morin, Hagg and Ghost. Forwards are much easier to find as UFA's then the D.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:23 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Stefan Noesen (who they acquired from the Ryan trade) has some second line upside.

He wouldn't be available but Emerson Etem has the speed we desperately need in this lineup (ironically he was drafted with one of our picks from the Pronger trade).

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:30 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Stefan Noesen (who they acquired from the Ryan trade) has some second line upside.

He wouldn't be available but Emerson Etem has the speed we desperately need in this lineup (ironically he was drafted with one of our picks from the Pronger trade).
Noesen tore his ACL and MCL back in October.

I'd definitely want a high pick (a 1st) coming back in any trade for Kimmo.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Stizzle

Quote:

Also Rickard Rakell.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=17435

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:32 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Patrick Maroon?

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:38 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
I'd definitely want a high pick (a 1st) coming back in any trade for Kimmo.
I rather take a prospect if available. The 1st rounder would likely be at the backend of the round & this draft isn't all that great at the top end let alone what follows it.

Old
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Patrick Maroon?
That ****'s not funny.

Old
01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

If we're looking like we're out of the playoff race at the deadline there is literally zero reason to not trade him other than Homer losing his mind. It helps both sides, Timonen gets his last chance at the cup and we get something out of him instead of just letting him walk away for nothing. Hopefully Grossmann, Hartnell, and Lecavelier are following him out too...

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 09:36 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
We're still like 2 points out of a playoffs spot guys, despite the very bad start. Calm down.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 09:55 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
We're still like 2 points out of a playoffs spot guys, despite the very bad start. Calm down.
Who cares? The Flyers aren't winning the cup with or without those guys anyway. San Jose shipped out Clowe & Murray last year at the deadline despite being in much better shape to make the playoffs than we currently are.

Downie, Timonen, & Mez should all be shipped out at the deadline to stockpile some assets going into the offseason. It makes so much sense that it won't with Homer & Snider at the helm because both of them are delusional with their outlook of this team.

Old
01-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Who cares? The Flyers aren't winning the cup with or without those guys anyway. San Jose shipped out Clowe & Murray last year at the deadline despite being in much better shape to make the playoffs than we currently are.

Downie, Timonen, & Mez should all be shipped out at the deadline to stockpile some assets going into the offseason. It makes so much sense that it won't with Homer & Snider at the helm because both of them are delusional with their outlook of this team.
To me, it's not even about whether they're in or out of the playoff race, in my mind these trades both make the team stronger in the short and long terms. These players are not only older but they're just not good enough, if they're valuable to other teams and we can get some valuable young players and picks out of them then that's the best thing possible.

The players on my personal list that I'd love to see traded are Downie, Lecavelier, Mezsaros, Grossmann, Lecavelier, Hartnell, and Timonen. That opens up 2 forward spots that need to be filled, since Downie was already scratched, and two defensive spots, since Mez was already being scratched. Those spots could either be filled by young players gained in the trades or by AHL callups. On top of that we could probably add some pretty solid picks and that's not even considering the possiblity of packaging two players together to teams that could use a specific type of players and getting a pretty good current NHL player out of them. Who knows? I just want something to happen to shake the team up because things can't keep going the way they are.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:14 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:

this, 100%.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 01:01 AM
BillDineen

Quote:

I wish they would be sellers for once, but I doubt they do. Let's just hope they don't overpay as buyers.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Akanon

Yeah, things aren't looking too good for us right now. The upcoming schedule is scary and there's no way I can see us contend, let alone win the Cup this year. Timonen is awesome, he really deserves to be Bourqe'd like Beef said. Anaheim would be the best place, they are my "west team" and it would be great to see all those Finnish players lift the Cup; Selänne, Koivu, Timonen, Vatanen. Three of those are true Finnish ice hockey icons.

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 07:37 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
I rather take a prospect if available. The 1st rounder would likely be at the backend of the round & this draft isn't all that great at the top end let alone what follows it.
The Ducks also have the Sens first rounder in 2014. I'd take a prospect, but would prefer them to be near NHL ready.

I'd even be okay asking for a 2015 first rounder for Timonen. I know that seems like the opposite of my previous point, but for once I'd like to see this organization be able to be successful in drafting and raising their own players. If you look at recent SC winners' rosters, they are chock full of key players those teams have drafted, brought up through the minors and are now contributors at the NHL level.

Last edited by flyguy: 01-28-2014 at 07:45 AM.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Snotbubbles

No wake up call needed for this team. They are awake. They just aren't that good. If anything the GM and owner need to wake up and realize that this team is simply mediocre and doesn't have a legitimate shot at the Cup. They should be sellers at the deadline.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 09:19 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
No wake up call needed for this team. They are awake. They just aren't that good. If anything the GM and owner need to wake up and realize that this team is simply mediocre and doesn't have a legitimate shot at the Cup. They should be sellers at the deadline.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 09:28 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
What's so funny? This is a mediocre team that would lose in four or five games to about 7 or 8 teams in the playoffs.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 09:33 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Kimmo for Torey Krug LOL

01-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post