Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Two huge wins

Old
02-02-2007, 11:39 AM
The Big E

vCash: 500
Two huge wins

I didn't get the chance to watch all of the last two games (life does get busy at times), but it seems to me the Wild are starting to look good. If we can't beat teams below us in the standings, we're ****ed. If we can't beat teams in our own division, we're ****ed. So we've gone out and beaten the Blooz and the Av's in their buildings. We've now won 10 away games. That's not so bad? Right?

Is there anyone still left on these boards that watched all of both games would care to comment?

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
ceber

I thought last night they had some sloppy moments defensively, the sort of stuff that loses you a key game. We pulled a win out there, but that one could've gone the other way, too. As a whole, I think we look good. IMO we need to be a little tighter defensively, and finish a bit more often... then we'll be ready to really roll.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

We have played well, but ultimately it does come down to defense, and we could stand to shore up a bit.

I like what Backstrom has given us- i dont think he can steal a game like manny can, but he is more consistent than fernandez...Now we can roll out 3 lines that can score.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote