HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Future Rangers call ups from HFD

Old
02-02-2007, 08:12 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Future Rangers call ups from HFD

Quote:
Renney said the Rangers have talked about four forwards, led by rookie Ryan Callahan, who leads the Pack in points (42) and goals (29) and scored with 3.3 seconds left to give PlanetUSA a 7-6 victory in the All-Star Game.Renney didn't offer other names, but leading candidates are Nigel Dawes, Brad Isbister and Lauri Korpikoski, depending on the Rangers' need. Many fans and writers have been clamoring for rookie Brandon Dubinsky to fill the need for a second-line center for Shanahan, but that would be unfair to Dubinsky, 20, who has nine goals and isn't ready for such a pressurized situation. They're also demanding the recall of a handful of youngsters to try to re-energize the team, but viewing the kids as saviors would probably be a mistake
Tom Renney likes what he sees in Dan Girardi

Quote:
"[Wednesday] was probably the most engaged he needed to be, but he's resilient and shows the composure that you're looking for from a young guy," Renney said. "He and Tyutin are similar players, kind of calm and poised people who pass the puck well. It's maybe a little bit of an investment in our future. They're guys who could be here for a while playing together. ... [Girardi] has justified playing some more, though it's sort of contingent on who we have back there. But I see no rush to judgment on him."
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:16 AM
In The Flesh

I love to see him in the lineup the rest of the season, but thats just not going to happen, same for Pock.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Just curious, but is there any concern that the Rangers are taking away too many players from Hartford? I know they only have one guy up now, but if even if they call up 1-2 more guys couldnt that hurt the Wolfpack?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
94now

Girardi is here to stay. Isbister may be in sooner that others, but I guess Jason Ward will be playing first.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Just curious, but is there any concern that the Rangers are taking away too many players from Hartford? I know they only have one guy up now, but if even if they call up 1-2 more guys couldnt that hurt the Wolfpack?
They do have Bruce Graham,Lee Falardeau,Zdenek Bahensky and Mark Lee in Charlotte

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:27 AM
In The Flesh

not to mention Hugh, but who knows if he's doing anything down there.

Old
02-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Ok thanks for the reply, I honestly dont know much about what prospects the Rangers have so I guess i'm showing my ignorance

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Fireonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
not to mention Hugh, but who knows if he's doing anything down there.
Hugh has 7 goals and 7 assists in his 12 games playing for Charlotte. He's also a +5.

Fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:43 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireonk View Post
Hugh has 7 goals and 7 assists in his 12 games playing for Charlotte. He's also a +5.
Sounds good, maybe he'll get called back up to Hartford?

Old
02-02-2007, 08:45 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireonk View Post
Not bad but when you consider that its Charlotte, he should prob have better #'s due to how high he was selected.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Fireonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Not bad but when you consider that its Charlotte, he should prob have better #'s due to how high he was selected.
Well, I think his numbers are fine. Its more of a case that he shouldnt even be in Charlotte because of how high he was selected. But its good to see that he's at least performing at some level.

Fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:55 AM
In The Flesh

both good points considering his fellow draft mates (mostly selected lower than him) are performing at the NHL level.

Old
02-02-2007, 10:41 AM
xander

Quote:
who cares?

I'm all for our prospects developing chemistry together in hartford, but putting the needs of the AHL team before the needs of the induvidual player or the big club is tremendously backwards thinking.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

This team is all over the place.

We have 14 threads about possible centers coming to New York, and in the meantime the Rangers are all talk about bringing up a few youngens.

As soon as Sather pulls the trigger (and you know hell do something, its only a matter of time) its gonna be veteran mania to try and get this team to the postseason.

I hope Girardi sticks though, i like his simple play

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

We have 14 threads about possible centers coming to New York, and in the meantime the Rangers are all talk about bringing up a few youngens.

As soon as Sather pulls the trigger (and you know hell do something, its only a matter of time) its gonna be veteran mania to try and get this team to the postseason.

Do not discount misinformation that needs to be provided should Rangers are about to acquire a star like Forsberg. Slats might want to send the competitors a false message that we are into youth movement...
IMO, Girardy has stuck already. His game looks simple, but there is a lot of complexity behind the simple looking game. With this guy the rookie production may be ok for this year.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

True about the threads, and why it makes things hard to follow!

And damn straight Sather will make a move for a veteran C to help for the PO run and the POs. ANd I think that's the right move---depending on the cost..I also expect it to happen fairly soon...We can't go on with a 2nd line of Shanny-Betts-Hossa..It's criminal...Still saying a Smolinski or reasonbabe facsimilie

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. well, not really. As long as it is helping these kids develop then do what's best for them. I doubt calling up some kids will hurt other players in hartford. In fact, it'll give them more playing time and which will probably help them out as well.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 03:18 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Hopefully Callahan is next

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote