HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2014, 09:21 AM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Dante Exum officially declared for the draft today. I like him better long-term than Parker. Different kinds of players, but he is as explosive as they come.

Old
01-28-2014, 10:13 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Dante Exum officially declared for the draft today. I like him better long-term than Parker. Different kinds of players, but he is as explosive as they come.
If anybody has an in depth scouting report on Exum it would be the Sixers with Coach Brown's connections in Australia.

Old
01-28-2014, 10:29 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
If anybody has an in depth scouting report on Exum it would be the Sixers with Coach Brown's connections in Australia.
Yeah, not sure he knows him personally, but I'm sure he has contacts at the Institute he played at. He looks like a 6'6 Westbrook to me. Can play on the ball or off the ball. Long, really athletic, jumper is inconsistent, but should improve.

Old
01-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
What a backcourt that would be! However the experts say that he is a better fit at point. No matter what the Sixers are going to get some really good kids in the draft. Plus you just know they are going to move some guys on the team before March 5.

Last edited by Hockeypete49: 01-29-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old
01-28-2014, 12:13 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Things are looking up in Sixerland.

01-28-2014, 12:21 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Wait and See

Old
01-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Jabari Parker looked real good last night against Pitt
parker is the best half court perimeter player in college basketball since Carmelo. It is amazing how well he has developed such a mature game. However his lack of athleticism will hold him back big time. I see him struggling the same way adam morrison struggled.

Old
01-28-2014, 12:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Jabari Parker looked real good last night against Pitt
I like him. I know there are negatives about him, but each of the top 5 have some worries. Even Wiggins who's hype has settled down. I still go either Wiggins or Parker if we are at 3 and Exum at 4 or 5.

Old
01-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

There's been hinting that Parker might stay at Duke instead of declaring for the NBA draft. So that would be more incentive for the Sixers (and all tanking teams) to try their best to get the most ping pong balls.

Old
01-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
parker is the best half court perimeter player in college basketball since Carmelo. It is amazing how well he has developed such a mature game. However his lack of athleticism will hold him back big time. I see him struggling the same way adam morrison struggled.
Adam Morrison was a bust, Parker is still a good athlete, just not as athletic as those of Embiid, Wiggins, or Exum.

Everything about Parker's game is better that Morrison's was (although Morrison was a great scorer in college). The only big question about Parker is his defensive capabilities. Other than that I wouldn't dare put Adam Morrison and Jarbari Parker in the same sentence.

Plus I think Parker could be in better shape than he already is (from what I've seen so far).

Old
01-28-2014, 04:40 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
What a backcourt that would be! However the experts say that he is a better fit at point. No matter what the Sixers are going to get some really good kids in the draft. Plus you just know the are going to move some guys on the team before March 5.
He's a combo guard, meaning he does his best work with the ball in his hands like most young players. He's not quite a pure point guard yet. he's just a guy you want to put the ball in his hands because he is such a tough cover. I watched him play in the Hoops Summit which is the top high school players vs. the top U19 euro players Roster Here. He played mostly 2 guard in that game and was dominant. There were even some schools recruiting his as a college SF. He's just a versatile player. Like I said he reminds me of Westbrook. Westbrook wasn't a PG in college. He was just an incredible athlete that you wanted to get the ball to. Westbrook doesn't have Exum's length though, so that might be some incentive to move him to the 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
Adam Morrison was a bust, Parker is still a good athlete, just not as athletic as those of Embiid, Wiggins, or Exum.

Everything about Parker's game is better that Morrison's was (although Morrison was a great scorer in college). The only big question about Parker is his defensive capabilities. Other than that I wouldn't dare put Adam Morrison and Jarbari Parker in the same sentence.

Plus I think Parker could be in better shape than he already is (from what I've seen so far).
The thing that concerns me about Parker is the defensive side of the game. He's a tweener. I think he's going to have a problem guarding 3's that can take him off the dribble and I think he would get overpowered as a 4. The Sixers who have major defensive problems already might not be the best fit. I certainly wouldn't lose sleep if he were the pick, but he would be #4 for me.

Last edited by FLYguy3911: 01-28-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old
01-28-2014, 04:41 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
There's been hinting that Parker might stay at Duke instead of declaring for the NBA draft. So that would be more incentive for the Sixers (and all tanking teams) to try their best to get the most ping pong balls.
Yeah I agree. They already have 5 picks, two firsts and three seconds. Even if they don't like what's left at either of their first round picks this year, they could trade them for firsts in 2015. Especially if someone like Parker goes back to school.

They need to draft at least one player in the first round regardless of where those two picks pan out, but if they miss out on the top 3-5 for some reason, it wouldn't hurt to wait and see for the following year. Let's face it, this team needs to be a bottom 5 team for at least two years to be able to rebuild properly.

Old
01-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Far from it. 12 games of the next 19 games are against teams with 17 or less wins. Could be a blessing or a curse. A chance to get a little cushion in the tank standings or lose ground.

Trade deadline is in 3 weeks. There are 10 games remaining in that span. This is a huge stretch of games as far as how this whole draft position plays out.

Hope for the best. They still hang in way too many games for my liking. Even though they are losing, it's like 2 or 3 possessions away from being a different result. They rarely quit. 20, 10 point deficits, they always seem to chip away. While that's a good characteristic, it isn't when you are hoping for a tank.
Wow, just looked at the schedule. Mixed with great Western teams, and the bottom feeders of the east.

Gonna be really nervous for that, unless we make a freakin' trade! Getting a little annoyed with Hinkie for "trying to get the maximum assets." (That's what most sixers fans are saying). For all we know there's no interest in Hawes or ET.

Thad's value was so high last month, his play has definitely evened out now which probably is hurting his value to contending teams who may have been interested.

Forever mediocre?

Old
01-28-2014, 10:46 PM
FLYguy3911

Magic got blown out tonight. Celtics got blown out. And the team we need to lose, the Pelicans, win again. Anthony Davis is playing some of the best basketball in the league.

We get another team on the 2nd game of a back to back tomorrow- the Celts who played on the road tonight. I don't have a good feeling about that one. Not sure Rondo will play either.

Old
01-28-2014, 10:51 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Magic got blown out tonight. Celtics got blown out. And the team we need to lose, the Pelicans, win again. Anthony Davis is playing some of the best basketball in the league.

We get another team on the 2nd game of a back to back tomorrow- the Celts who played on the road tonight. I don't have a good feeling about that one. Not sure Rondo will play either.
I swear every team we play is on a back to back or one of their main players are out. Hears to hoping the season series vs Boston isn't better than 2 and 2.

Old
01-28-2014, 11:08 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I swear every team we play is on a back to back or one of their main players are out. Hears to hoping the season series vs Boston isn't better than 2 and 2.
Yeah it seems like that every time I check. I guess it evens out. Sixers play the Pistons Saturday. That will be their 2nd game of a back to back. They play the Hawks Friday at home and have to travel to Detroit. I guess that's pretty good. The Pistons are a team that gives plenty of games away.

Just checked the Boston box score. If there is a silver lining the Celtics didn't play a single guy more than 30 minutes tonight.

What I've noticed watching the Sixers halfway through the season is that their bench is terrible by NBA standards (well I didn't really need to watch the games to notice that). Their starting 5 can hold their own against any team in the league. Most games are decided by the second units. If a team can out play the Sixers bench, they have a good shot at winning the game. The games the Sixers usually win are against teams that don't have a quality second unit and can't separate on the scoreboard, or the the likes of Wroten, Thompson, and Elliot Williams play above their capabilities. BB was playing a 10 sometimes 11 man rotation earlier in the year. Now he's pretty much down to a 9 man rotation with a starter or two mixed in with the second unit.

Old
01-29-2014, 12:47 PM
FLYguy3911

Correction: Hawks game gets PPD today. Will make up game Thursday night. So the Sixers will get 3 consecutive teams on the second night of a back to back. Tanking ain't easy baby.

Old
01-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Correction: Hawks game gets PPD today. Will make up game Thursday night. So the Sixers will get 3 consecutive teams on the second night of a back to back. Tanking ain't easy baby.
We need an "injury" from one of Thad, ET, or MCW.

This tanking thing is a roller coaster man.

Old
01-29-2014, 02:12 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
We need an "injury" from one of Thad, ET, or MCW.

This tanking thing is a roller coaster man.
Better yet, trade Thad and ET for picks.

Old
01-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Better yet, trade Thad and ET for picks.
That's what I'm sayin. Trade deadline is 3 weeks away.

Old
01-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

I don't think I've ever hated a player in Philly as much as Evan Turner.

****ing wow.

Need a place to vent my anger.

Old
01-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Go For It

Quote:
I don't think I've ever hated a player in Philly as much as Evan Turner.

****ing wow.

Need a place to vent my anger.
As someone who doesn't follow the NBA, why?

Old
01-29-2014, 09:27 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

I'm done stressing about my teams tanking. It's not worth the frustration. Who needs Andrew Wiggins or Seth Jones anyway?

Old
01-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
As someone who doesn't follow the NBA, why?
Well for me personally I hate his game. He's a terribly inefficient scorer, has very little athleticism, and is about as poor of a defender as you can get. He also has a PER (player efficiency rating) of 14 which is bad.

Specifically tonight he made a game winner against The Celtics (who are also tanking) putting us further away from a top 3 draft pick. He's the ring leader in winning us meaningless games when he's not a part of our future and core moving forward.

I'm sick of the sixers being mediocre and irrelevant. Hell, they haven't been relevant since I was in like 1st or 2nd grade (Iverson days). I want a perennial contender not a team that exits in the first round. To do that you need to acquire top-flight talent in the draft. The further we get pushed back in the draft the more difficult it gets.

It's also Sam Hinkie's fault for not getting this guy out of Philly sooner.

/rant

Quote:
I'm done stressing about my teams tanking. It's not worth the frustration. Who needs Andrew Wiggins or Seth Jones anyway?
Sarcasm?

Old
01-29-2014, 10:51 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:

Sarcasm?
Yeah.

Closed Thread