HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hickey on Hockey: Diazís days with Canadiens are numbered

Old
01-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
I.type.like.that.on.my.smartphone.
Then you're both doing it wrong.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I know he may end up traded, but I don't see why he should be sitting with a lot of others struggling and 2 lefties playing on the right. The Habs do not have 6 guys better than Diaz...plus being a UFa and them probably re-upping markov means he will be dealt so they should try and build, not tear down his trade value.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:11 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I know he may end up traded, but I don't see why he should be sitting with a lot of others struggling and 2 lefties playing on the right. The Habs do not have 6 guys better than Diaz...plus being a UFa and them probably re-upping markov means he will be dealt so they should try and build, not tear down his trade value.
Or..... a deal in principal has been arranged and the receiving team doesn't want to chance injury... I think the deal will get done just before Olympics.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Or..... a deal in principal has been arranged and the receiving team doesn't want to chance injury... I think the deal will get done just before Olympics.
If that was the case it would have happened long ago, he hasn't played in almost 2 weeks.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

I'm perfectly fine with dealing Diaz. Hope we can get a half decent return for him.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 10:18 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

UFA at seasons end
not playing

takes a smart man to get that this guy will be playing for another team (relatively) soon...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 10:43 PM
dcyhabs

Diaz's flu could be concussion symptoms.

I get the impression that the negotiations with Diaz and Subban are going really badly. I don't see why Diaz would be benched unless he had health issues or he had refused their best offer for next year. Looks like part of the Subban contract too, "we don't have the money to sign anybody if we give you 9 million" though really he's expecting a little more than Gionta's salary and the cap is going up... Well unless he's asking for 14 mill or something.

Emelin and Gorges had good defensive stats (read it on h does not stand for habs, did not figure it out) until they were separated so why separate them?

Seems to me Subban/Markov, Gorges/Emelin, Diaz/Beaulieu works at this point. If size is an issue dress 7 D and play Murray occasionally. Then try to keep Bourque, Briere, and Bouillon off the ice.

Every player looks worse. Lack of size, taking hits, and blocking shots has to take a toll.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 05:22 AM
capebretoncanadien

I want Diaz to stay.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Diaz's flu could be concussion symptoms.

I get the impression that the negotiations with Diaz and Subban are going really badly. I don't see why Diaz would be benched unless he had health issues or he had refused their best offer for next year. Looks like part of the Subban contract too, "we don't have the money to sign anybody if we give you 9 million" though really he's expecting a little more than Gionta's salary and the cap is going up... Well unless he's asking for 14 mill or something.

Emelin and Gorges had good defensive stats (read it on h does not stand for habs, did not figure it out) until they were separated so why separate them?

Seems to me Subban/Markov, Gorges/Emelin, Diaz/Beaulieu works at this point. If size is an issue dress 7 D and play Murray occasionally. Then try to keep Bourque, Briere, and Bouillon off the ice.

Every player looks worse. Lack of size, taking hits, and blocking shots has to take a toll.
I was also wondering about "flu" symptoms as opposed to "post concussion"
symptoms. I know they can be similar enough to cause difficulty in diagnosis.

But I assumed he would be kept out of some practices, if "post concussion"
were suspected.

Habaddict is online now   Reply With Quote