HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting 'Runners stuff

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 06:43 AM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
Interesting 'Runners stuff

Just over 2,000 fans at Ricoh Coliseum for the Roadrunners vs. The Crunch toinght (Final was a 2-2 draw). I though they were drawing well? Not tonight. There was no Laughs game tonight so I find this interesting.

Salmelainen scored a team leading 6th PPG tonight. Which NHL team is it that has had a terrible PP all year...nahhhhhhhh....

The Runners had a "franchise" high 54 shot on goal for. Pascal Leclaire made 52 saves.

Old
01-30-2004, 06:44 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

MAB had an assist and got a game-misconduct for slashing in the third as well. Again, does ANYONE have any clue why Sarno isn't playing??? 54 shots and you don't win....including 11 in OT, yikes, I see the lack of finish runs deep here.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:00 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Ya, that's pretty sad. But then no Rita and no Bishai (can you belive somebody would consider him a loss, lol?) may have had an effect on that. Our best offensive prospects aren't with there (Rita, Mikhnov, Niinimaki, Pouliot) so that, perhaps, could be a reason too. I dunno - either way that's to scary of a resemblence to the Oilers.

Old
01-30-2004, 07:04 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Ya, that's pretty sad. But then no Rita and no Bishai (can you belive somebody would consider him a loss, lol?) may have had an effect on that. Our best offensive prospects aren't with there (Rita, Mikhnov, Niinimaki, Pouliot) so that, perhaps, could be a reason too. I dunno - either way that's to scary of a resemblence to the Oilers.
Also 1-for-10 on the PP.........maybe I should coach the 'Runners in prep for my future Oilers job

Old
01-30-2004, 07:51 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
MAB had an assist and got a game-misconduct for slashing in the third as well. Again, does ANYONE have any clue why Sarno isn't playing??? 54 shots and you don't win....including 11 in OT, yikes, I see the lack of finish runs deep here.

Sarno isn't playing because he has a concussion. I asked Kevin Lowe that question today at practice because I assumed he would have been the call up ahead of Bishai.

"Sarno's out with a concusion... he blocked a puck with his face." he said.

No details as it was the last question of the scrum and he had to run. I will try to find out more details from Mike "Beesh" Bishai. (By the way, the name is pronounced "Bee-Shy" for those of you who had it wrong).

Old
01-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Just over 2,000 fans at Ricoh Coliseum for the Roadrunners vs. The Crunch toinght (Final was a 2-2 draw). I though they were drawing well? Not tonight. There was no Laughs game tonight so I find this interesting.

Hamilton is in town on Friday. Hamilton = Big Rivalry. I assume that the fans who were picking between Syracuse and Hamilton chose the latter game.

Old
01-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Hamilton is in town on Friday. Hamilton = Big Rivalry. I assume that the fans who were picking between Syracuse and Hamilton chose the latter game.
I suppose that might be part of it, but still, what about season tickets? How many have they sold, I would hope more than 2000.

I think things will pick up once some of the more offensively gifted players come to Toronto: Niinimaki, Pouliot, Helminen, Brodziak and so on...

Old
01-30-2004, 09:23 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
I suppose that might be part of it, but still, what about season tickets? How many have they sold, I would hope more than 2000.

I think things will pick up once some of the more offensively gifted players come to Toronto: Niinimaki, Pouliot, Helminen, Brodziak and so on...
Or Toronto just won't support farm teams. Look at the Argonauts.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:38 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Sarno isn't playing because he has a concussion. I asked Kevin Lowe that question today at practice because I assumed he would have been the call up ahead of Bishai.

"Sarno's out with a concusion... he blocked a puck with his face." he said.
Thanks Guy, it really had me puzzled.

Old
01-30-2004, 10:16 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Or Toronto just won't support farm teams. Look at the Argonauts.
Yeah, but this is hockey. You might be right, but I think they have a chance for success.

Old
01-31-2004, 12:12 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Yeah, but this is hockey. You might be right, but I think they have a chance for success.
They do as long as the Richoh fills up for all the other events they hold there.

Honestly, I don't understand the problem, it is one of the nicest arenas I have been in (and I have been in a few), and I enjoy AHL hockey a lot... but I enjoy most hockey.

It's really baffling because Lacrosse gets 16k per game, and I know southern ontario is a big lacrosse market (the biggest in the world), but it's an even bigger hockey market.

I guess the problem is all the little towns outside Toronto (cities like Whitby and that) have an OHL team, and the cities a little closer (Mississauga and yes Brampton), really don't care.

Closed Thread