HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holmqvist

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2007, 07:12 PM
SChan*

vCash: 500
Holmqvist

how is my boy looking? He used to play for my local SEL team and I met him a few times here in my small town. Seems like he has taken his chances this time in NHL.

Old
01-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Hockeyfan02

Inconsistent. He'll look great one game, then terrible the next. Seems to give up a soft goal a game (usually near the end of the second period). Overall, there's been more good than bad. I don't think anyone expected him to get this much playing time this year. He's outplayed Denis which isn't much of an accomplishment.

Old
02-02-2007, 01:51 PM
SChan*

I think holmqvist has one of the best win % records in the NHL

Old
02-02-2007, 01:58 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SectionX View Post
I think holmqvist has one of the best win % records in the NHL
And is still in the bottom third of the league goalie-wise by stats. Here's to hoping a playoff run doesnt buckle him as he hasnt had a chance yet to play night after night after night though this will be that time

Old
02-02-2007, 02:01 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF82 View Post
And
I am proud of him? I mean we're from the same village.

Old
02-02-2007, 02:10 PM
ThunderRoad

I think overall he has played pretty well considering these are his first starts in the NHL for years, and while on the Rangers, he was only given a few starts.

I've been pleased, and frankly, I feel more confident with him in net than Denis. He also seems to be playing better as of late - being more aggressive in the net and doing much better anticipating the play in front of him. I really would like to see him get a more consistent playing schedule and think he would develop even more with such an opportunity.

Anyways, glad he was signed in the offseason and from what I have seen so far, I definitively want him around next season.

Old
02-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Hockeyfan02

I just hope Homer can keep this going. Last time he had a stretch like this, he then hit a wall and struggled because of overwork. I think giving Denis the start against LA would be the way to go. Gives Homer a rest, Denis has an opportunity to get a win and some confidence.

I agree with the poster above. Homer looks very confident right now and it shows by him being aggressive and at the top of his crease. The last two games he's held the team in the game when they've struggled. That's what was missing from last year's team.

Old
02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF82 View Post
And is still in the bottom third of the league goalie-wise by stats. Here's to hoping a playoff run doesnt buckle him as he hasnt had a chance yet to play night after night after night though this will be that time
In his last 8 starts BEFORE the shutout last night he was a 2.53 and a .923 while going 7-1. Homer has been nothing short of solid when this team has needed him. I'll take those recent stats and chuck the season stats in a heartbeat if he keeps it up. He has been really, really good.

He is a 2.65 and a .901 after the game last night. Very respectable numbers considering he was over 3 and under .885 for awhile.

Last edited by OptimismRestrainer: 02-02-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Recent stat check
Old
02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I agree with the poster above. Homer looks very confident right now and it shows by him being aggressive and at the top of his crease. The last two games he's held the team in the game when they've struggled. That's what was missing from last year's team.

And this year's team as well. I am a huge Marc Denis fan but Homer is just a hell of alot better right now. He has seperated himself from Denis as of late and should be the horse in goal right now. He was playing a foot or so outside the crease last night at times. That is huge confidence in yourself AND your defense. They are really gelling as team right now (Homer and D), especially Sarich and Pratt. No need to screw that up by.........forget it, if anyone can screw his confidence up right now it's Torts. I don't know what I was thinking. He'll probably come back with Denis for a week now.

Old
02-02-2007, 05:59 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
No need to screw that up by.........forget it, if anyone can screw his confidence up right now it's Torts. I don't know what I was thinking. He'll probably come back with Denis for a week now.
You read my mind. Don't get me started about the mixers...

Homer...better than I expected. Honestly. Flying under the hype. Wouldn't mind seeing him back next year.

Old
02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Twitch Tabitha View Post
You read my mind. Don't get me started about the mixers...

Homer...better than I expected. Honestly. Flying under the hype. Wouldn't mind seeing him back next year.
I was going to say something like it's a given he'd be back. But then I remembered who the GM of this team is. With Homer there is no emotional ties to the SC so he is fair game to be ignored in the offseason.

And I just love reading your mind.

Old
02-02-2007, 06:17 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha

Closed Thread