HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Khabibulin

Old
02-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
I'm still wondering about Lombardi's comments about Khabibulin at the breakfast with the GM meeting. Something to the effect of "Look at Khabibulin, they paid him all this money, and he wasn't any good". You did know that he was injured most of the year, right Dean?

02-02-2007, 07:09 PM
gambitlebo

First of all, why would anyone think Chicago would trade for Cloutier? Why would any team trade for Cloutier? Cap relief? That doesn't make sense. Forget about Cloutier's stellar record this year, why would they want someone who can't stay healthy?

Why would the Kings spend $6.75 on an aging goalie when they could get younger, possibly better goalie in the off season for less money (ie. Biron)?

If Cloutier comes back, I'm hoping he will retire, we can let him watch games in Manchester (sorry Manchester).

I would rather see us go after Biron, offer him between $3-4 million. Even signing him at $4 million, with Cloutier backing up, your spending $6.55 million in goal. That makes more sense than Khabibulin + JL at almost $7.75 million.

gambitlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:46 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

LA would be dumb to trade for HAbby for several reason

Kings are in a rebuilding mode and have some good young players, Johnson, Sullivan, Kop and a few others. Why would they drop 6mill a year on a goalie when the kings are a few years away from challanging. Don't meant to sound like an evil troll, but the Kings are getting some good building blocks and getting a few more top ten draft picks will more then likely give the Kings one of the best young player cores in the nhl. So, going out and giving stuff up for an over paid, under achievieving goalie would be a step back. From who the kings have in the system, I think they have aleast one goilie that will be their future number 1. Why they got clouts is beyond me.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:16 AM
ExplosionsintheGine

Chicago has already said they are not trading Khabibullin.

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:30 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The time to get Khabibulin was when he was playing for the Ice Dogs. Another missed opportunity by Dave Taylor.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote