HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread XIV: Rangers gauging interest on Callahan/Girardi

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2014, 10:23 PM
  #1
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 61,929
vCash: 50
Trade Rumours Thread XIV: Rangers gauging interest on Callahan/Girardi

Continue

__________________
Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:27 PM
  #2
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
Danny G is wayyyyy more important of a signing than cally

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:29 PM
  #3
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
Danny G is wayyyyy more important of a signing than cally
I think both are very important players in their past and today.

I think the problem is youre going to pay them for what they did, when neither is likely to keep it up.

But, i'd say Girardi is far less likely to become an albatross than Cally is.

You can almost guarantee Cally is going to be an average 3rd liner within 3-4 years

Inferno is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:31 PM
  #4
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
I don't think Girardi will fade much - he's 29 and not crazy with the physicality. Callahan's got an undeniable work ethic - but 6M+ should get you a Stasny, not a Callahan

haohmaru is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:33 PM
  #5
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think both are very important players in their past and today.

I think the problem is youre going to pay them for what they did, when neither is likely to keep it up.

But, i'd say Girardi is far less likely to become an albatross than Cally is.

You can almost guarantee Cally is going to be an average 3rd liner within 3-4 years
I just think it's going to be either or... and cally has been great for us but yea he's breaking down each season and Girardi is more important to the D core...so if he wants that much money i'd pay him and trade cally for something like Molson

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:35 PM
  #6
phillyb
Registered User
 
phillyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
i'd sign girardi over callahan

phillyb is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:39 PM
  #7
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
I just think it's going to be either or... and cally has been great for us but yea he's breaking down each season and Girardi is more important to the D core...so if he wants that much money i'd pay him and trade cally for something like Molson
Which is like keeping Callahan. Moulson is a UFA, too,at the end of the season. That's not an answer to this.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:47 PM
  #9
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Which is like keeping Callahan. Moulson is a UFA, too,at the end of the season. That's not an answer to this.
I know I wasn't meaning to get him just use him as example... top six forward who can finish

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:48 PM
  #10
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Brooklyn Rangers Fan -

If they both get traded, drinks on me. If they both get resigned it's a wash. If it's 1 and 1, board owes haohmaru and myself drinks... and also 1 million dollars.
Do you prefer a wire transfer or a bank check?

bmw2004 is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:50 PM
  #11
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Did I miss a tweet or something?

----

If I had to choose between Cally and Girardi I think I'd rather keep Girardi.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:52 PM
  #12
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,342
vCash: 500
I'd do that deal for Girardi. Callahan, not so much. Way too much of an injury risk for that money and term.

I'd do Callahan for Jaskin and a 1st, as proposed in the last thread. Jaskin's the real deal.

I Eat Crow is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:53 PM
  #14
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
Sorry but I don't want any prospects I want top six forward for top six forward

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:56 PM
  #16
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Clown Fiesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,685
vCash: 500
Eh, Callahan may not be producing or playing up to expectations but the team with and without him is night and day.

Clown Fiesta is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:56 PM
  #17
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Don't apologize.
I just feel like I hurt people's feelings cuz I don't want "potential"

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:59 PM
  #18
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
We don't need anymore D man right?

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:59 PM
  #19
Hellion
Space Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 7,953
vCash: 1050
Trade Cally, no way he lasts until the end of a 7 year deal. Will give a good return.
Keep Girardi.

Hellion is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 10:59 PM
  #20
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 12,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Eh, Callahan may not be producing or playing up to expectations but the team with and without him is night and day.
Games in which Callahan has played: 19-16-2
Games in which Callahan has not played: 9-5-1

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 11:00 PM
  #21
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
Sorry but I don't want any prospects I want top six forward for top six forward
Not happening. A guy like Jaskin that's ready right now for 3rd line duty that will be a top 6 player very soon and another prospect/pick is probably what Callahan will get. Jaskin is stuck behind Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart, and Reaves. He's not cracking that Blues roster with Rattie still in the system too.

I Eat Crow is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 11:00 PM
  #22
Hellion
Space Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 7,953
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
Sorry but I don't want any prospects I want top six forward for top six forward
That Cally you are talking about? He is no top 6 forward, shouldnt be on a cup team anyways.

Hellion is offline  
Old
01-28-2014, 11:03 PM
  #23
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Games in which Callahan has played: 19-16-2
Games in which Callahan has not played: 9-5-1
He's not as effective as he use to be

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
01-28-2014, 11:04 PM
  #24
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Not happening. A guy like Jaskin that's ready right now for 3rd line duty that will be a top 6 player very soon and another prospect/pick is probably what Callahan will get. Jaskin is stuck behind Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart, and Reaves. He's not cracking that Blues roster with Rattie still in the system too.
And you think cally will?

PurpleHayes is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.