Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A big apology

Old
02-03-2007, 05:19 AM
orcatown

vCash: 500
A big apology

Flames fans deserve a big apology for the conduct of some Canuck fans. Saw were one got on a the Flames' board and said he heard a radio report that Phaneuf had a tore ACL. Just a garbage person. Put people through needless torment as to the extent of Phaneuf's injury.

Also we have got too many jerks in our crowd. Bunch of punks who get liquored up at the games and start fights with Oiler and Flames fans. The other night against the Oilers was a disgrace.

Want to say that these jerks do not represent most fans. These idiots use their status as so called fans (supposely defending their team) and the anonymity gained by being part of crowd to bully other people. I've been to games in Calgary and it simply not as bad for visiting fans.

Canuck management needs to move in and take care of this mess.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:50 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Yeah, it's unfortunate but it's to be expected from some people. Every team has their share of ignorant fans, including the Flames. It's just a shame that those kind of people give other respectable fans (such as yourself) a bad rep. Oh well...

Enjoy the game.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
millax

vCash: 692
I remember being at an Oilers-Flames game in Edmonton last year. I was sitting beside a Flames fan, and we were just commenting on the game, having a good time. We were both shocked when in the third period a Flames fan got up and threw his drink at an Oilers fan in the section below us, and then several Oilers fans from all over the section threw drinks back. Fights broke out..

We laughed about it at the game, and thought it was crazy that people couldn't just enjoy the game... Sometimes when you combine pride and passion with stupidity, bad things occur..

millax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by millax View Post
Sometimes when you combine pride and passion with stupidity, bad things occur..
...and a bit of the sauce

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:56 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Want to say that these jerks do not represent most fans. These idiots use their status as so called fans (supposely defending their team) and the anonymity gained by being part of crowd to bully other people. I've been to games in Calgary and it simply not as bad for visiting fans.

Canuck management needs to move in and take care of this mess.
Bingo, the Canuck's fan base probably has no more idiots or jerks than the Flames' fan base (ratio-wise). It's just a sign that security is not doing their job.

There are some seriously bad Flames fans out there, but most of the time I hear that the Saddledome security steps in pretty quickly to take care of those idiots.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Lunatik*

for what it matters a reliable poster on another flames board has said he heard it was no more than a laceration on his knee nad Phaneuf will be in the lineup tonight

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:53 PM
natural420*

yea, this rivalry is pretty harsh sometimes. i will gladly admit myself that i take the rivalry a little too far on this board more often then not. but never would i beat the hell out of an oiler fan/canuck fan at one of our home games just for wearing a sedin jersey. thats taking it too far. theres a difference between haggling (which i see as ok, you should expect it if you venture into the enemies home) and being an outright a-hole. its gonna happen though. and i appreciate the appology on behalf of the good canuck fans out there

at least were not as bad as the euros over there at soccer games, killing police officers that have families and such just trying to do there job. thats just rediculous

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:57 PM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
for what it matters a reliable poster on another flames board has said he heard it was no more than a laceration on his knee nad Phaneuf will be in the lineup tonight
thats what iam seeing on the score and tsn as well. regehr is ok as well. so thats good. should both be in the lineup tonight.

at least calgary is careful with our injuries taking guys out of out of reach games and not rushing people into the lineup. iam convinced iginla could have returned right after the all-star break (if not before) but they kept him out just to be safe. its a good sign that the teams confidant and not stupid with injuries

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Rover*

Vancouver does have pretty bad fans. I think we have the highest ratio of drunk idiots at games. If you think canucks games are bad, go check out a bc lions game.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:06 PM
cgy#1faninvancouver

I'm the biggest FLAMES fan in Vancouver[girlfriend is secound] and I couldn't believe how many guys tried to fight me and even being dicks to my girl at a Flames game here in Van.I'm not a cocky guy and I have never started a fight.I've been to many games in Calgary and even Edmonton and never seen anything as bad as Vancouver.The Canuks franchise should be ashamed and security is surely in order.I want to say to the fine gentleman who started this thread -thanks you are a
TRUE MAN.

cgy#1faninvancouver is offline   Reply With Quote