HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Garden....

Old
02-02-2007, 03:03 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Well whoever was there got to see probably the best HOCKEY game of the year. No the Rangers didn't win..but the quality of play I thought was the best all year

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 05:28 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Well whoever was there got to see probably the best HOCKEY game of the year. No the Rangers didn't win..but the quality of play I thought was the best all year
Funny, I thought the game was boring as watching paint dry. Aside from the goal, the Rangers only had what I would call 2 maybe 3 REAL scoring chances.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:05 PM
mikesect424

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Been to every game at home this year, and this was one of the sloppiest. Passes not connecting, poorly timed body checks, and giveaway after giveaway. What game are you referring to?

mikesect424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesect424 View Post
Been to every game at home this year, and this was one of the sloppiest. Passes not connecting, poorly timed body checks, and giveaway after giveaway. What game are you referring to?
Well the Caps game was alot more exciting. However...I felt this game had a bit of an edge to it. Finishing checks, scrums after whistles, NYR sticking up for each other, and bad officiating preventing a terrific finish

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:55 AM
gaglinefan

Msg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
The playoffs last season was insanity. Imagine if the rangers actually gave us something to cheer about instead of getting swept. I remember in Game 3 when everyone was unsure if Jagr was gonna play because of the shoulder and when they were announcing the scratches for the game everyone was quiet and when they didn't announce Jagrs name the place started to go wild.
Agreed, we were there, when Jags came out the image on the Jumbotron brought up thrills of Rangers past.
When we win the BS is tolerable, when we lose it becomes monotonous. JMHO Larry is ok, just a fan; the 2 minute time outs suck, they hurt the flow of the game. Go Rangers!!

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:34 AM
towely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Listen..I never said they chanted..chanted is a consistent praise of a team..I said they cheered. When the leafs scored it was bad.
what else was a leaf fan supposed to do when their team scored booed?
gimmie a break.
so i guess the next ranger game i go to at the leafs i too can expect to get beer thrown on me because how dare me go root for my team in someone elses building.
hey , if it was a perfect world the garden would be 100% ranger fans but its not unfourtunately.
its kinda funny because in the past when i went to canada to see the rangers play the canadiens or leafs i got my share of people screaming at me to go home wearing my guy lafleur jersey but nobody threw anything on me it was all in good fun and actually a lot of people gave me props for being loyal enough to my team to make the trip to canada and have the nuts to walk in there with a ranger jersey on.
and as far as when the leafs scored it was bad exactly how bad? was it any worse then any other time when the rangers let up a goal or are losing and you can here someone's conversation on a cell phone 3 sections away because of the building being dead. you got to take one thing into consideration here this is new york and whether the people in attendance are all hockey fans or just corporate price inflating seat suckers its still new york and new york crowds are tough to please.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaglinefan View Post
Agreed, we were there, when Jags came out the image on the Jumbotron brought up thrills of Rangers past.
When we win the BS is tolerable, when we lose it becomes monotonous. JMHO Larry is ok, just a fan; the 2 minute time outs suck, they hurt the flow of the game. Go Rangers!!
You should go to a playoff game that they actually win thats insanity. I feel bad for you guys that are like 15-20 because you probably have never experienced it yet.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:53 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Stop speaking if you dont get the point. They really took over the garden..nough said.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:18 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I'm not knocking the garden at all, lets nit misinterpret this. The garden is my hone..PERIOD. I was there for all the play-off series against the devils..it was EXTREMELY loud. It was the GARDEN. For an important game like the last one against the leafs, there fans sure as hell filled in those seats at the garden and our fans sure as hell stayed quiet.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:27 PM
bubba5

I was there for their run in 1986 and through the years, I know you thought it was loud last year but let me tell you it still did not compare to years ago, the rangers fans back then would not let you even hear the national anthem never mind the crazyness during the game. unfortunatly im getting old.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Was a disgrace this evening..I cant believe the amount of leaf fans that where there-Just ridicioulus. Yet, cheering so loud as if they're playing at home-ice, having trolls walking around just to start ****. It was bad. Our fan abse needs to get together and re-think a few things, cheer this team a little bit better with a ton more energy. Yes the team isn't doing good, but it used to be much more enrgetic at the garden. For christ sakes we had kids from an alumni hockey team dumping drinks at the maple leafs fan whom was looking for trouble. We're all in it together..it's our home, maybe the product out there isn't good but we all stick up for each other.

P.S.If this managment has eyes on play-offs, tomorrow is d-day...the day to aquire that 2nd liner and if possible that solid d-men. I would try to go HARD after Boyes and Stuart, at what price-dont know. But i'd like to see changes tomorrow. Time is running out.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
Were there a lot of Leafs fans there? How many, what percent, would you estimate were Leafs fans?

Were they loud?
How were they treated?

I was disappointed because on the highlights it sounded like there were a ton of Leafs fans.
I'd say at least 15%, I read they were taking over the place with no repreucssions much like NYR fans do in WAS, and worst of all, this happens all the time with the Leafs.
Is this the norm?

I don't get it, not only is Tor 10 hours away, but it was a WEEKNIGHT, and MSG is always sold out.
I understand it is somewhat corporate, but it is not all that corporate, and now way should a team in Manhatten, a passionate sports mecca, be dominated by an outsider like it sounded.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:42 PM
crisb

They were treated like garbage. What do you expect? Guys running around with flags after goals? Come on, you are going to get pelted with ****.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Chimp

It's really simple, arenas need atmosphere. Sadly, NHL doesn't want atmosphere, so they forbid people to bring drums and other equipment to start chants, clapping and singing going.

In Europe, the hardcore fans in the standing section, with the drums, control the entire crowd (picking songs, rytm of clapping) and starts everything. Some nights, the pressure is very intense and boosts the players. They also pressure the refs to "help" the home team.

As for harassing fans of other teams: grow up. What the hell do you do that for? Throwing beer and popcorns?

First, they pay your franchise to watch the game. Second, you give hell to the people cleaning up after you. Third, it's idiotic.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
It's really simple, arenas need atmosphere. Sadly, NHL doesn't want atmosphere, so they forbid people to bring drums and other equipment to start chants, clapping and singing going.

In Europe, the hardcore fans in the standing section, with the drums, control the entire crowd (picking songs, rytm of clapping) and starts everything. Some nights, the pressure is very intense and boosts the players. They also pressure the refs to "help" the home team.

As for harassing fans of other teams: grow up. What the hell do you do that for? Throwing beer and popcorns?
Would be cool if NHL arenas were like Europe. It'd be another thing to market the game on. Atmosphere unlike any other sport in NA (except soccer).

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 02:33 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Stop speaking if you dont get the point. They really took over the garden..nough said.
WHAT?!

that did not happen.. even almost

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 02:35 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
I was there for their run in 1986 and through the years, I know you thought it was loud last year but let me tell you it still did not compare to years ago, the rangers fans back then would not let you even hear the national anthem never mind the crazyness during the game. unfortunatly im getting old.
I remember it being much louder when I was younger.. its because we've sucked that it doesn't get so loud anymore

last year in the playoffs though it was really intense.. then the puck dropped

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote