HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tyutin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2007, 10:17 AM
  #1
bulgaria
Registered User
 
bulgaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Bulgaria
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Tyutin

This is my first time when i visit page of Rangers and would like to know what you fans are thinking about Fedor TYUTIN.
Talent,passoin for the game,shot,defense....!
You may write everything what you think about him.
Thanks!

bulgaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:33 AM
  #2
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,864
vCash: 500
Tyutin is niiiiiiiice.

He developed into probably the rangers top defensman this year, though on a very good defensive corps he would probably be in the second pair. But nonetheless he has picked up a solid hip check which has really elevated his game IMO.
There were stretches over the last year and a half where he would be deftly inconsistent, but that has seemed to level out a little bit. Hes playing with more conviction and theres no doubt that Aaron Ward has helped him out this year with some little things. Hes matured nicely, though i'd like to see a little more action towards the net for him, but with the type of team he plays for thats kind of difficult to do cause he's always got to watch behind him. All in all Tyutin has become a solid defensmen. I could see him playing for the Rangers for years to come, unless of course Sather deals him stupidly.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
  #3
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
i like, i like him a lot.

that being said, i see him as our top d man this year, but i would agree he is a very good 3rd d-man. don't know if i would put him in the top pairing if i had my choice.

that being said, i hope baranka can turn into his clone....

mmmmm

staal - sauer
tuts - Sanguinetti
baranka - girardi

i am not going to lie...i think typing out those (hopefully) future d pairings made


Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-02-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:44 AM
  #4
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
See previous conversations on the subject. Tyutin is on his way to become a premium D. Since there is no prophet in his own land, people think there will be a better options for NYR at #1D. They should be proud of the organization at least in this one instance.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
  #5
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
See previous conversations on the subject. Tyutin is on his way to become a premium D. Since there is no prophet in his own land, people think there will be a better options for NYR at #1D. They should be proud of the organization at least in this one instance.
But he's not there yet. He just came off an up-and-down rookie season (Hank's fault obviously) and followed it up with a steadier sophmore season. The knock on Fedor is that he's capable of being a #1 D, just not willing to go out and take the role. Whether or not Toots becomes a #1 is irrelevant to your point because he's just not there yet. So yes, there are better options to be had...right now. The lack of a true #1 & #2 Defender (Among other things) has crippled this team.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:53 PM
  #6
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
But he's not there yet. He just came off an up-and-down rookie season (Hank's fault obviously) and followed it up with a steadier sophmore season. The knock on Fedor is that he's capable of being a #1 D, just not willing to go out and take the role. Whether or not Toots becomes a #1 is irrelevant to your point because he's just not there yet. So yes, there are better options to be had...right now. The lack of a true #1 & #2 Defender (Among other things) has crippled this team.
You cannot have it both ways and you know it. I happened to believe that Fedor will be next #1. Therefore I find it acceptable not to have Pronger of whoever else signed in order to let the process go without obstacles. As a result we had the team with out #1D. That's correct but there was reason for that - Tyutin development. Now, you do not see him there ever and therefore declare (with numerous other posters here) the urgency of obtaining #1 D. Each approach yours and mine has its cons and pros. Rangers went my way. We were without dominant D and Henke play did in fact aggravated the situation making the decision more questionable. But Tyutin has improved. That improvement alone warrants the loss of the season. Plus, the unexpected chemistry with Girardi makes that a complete success. We've got a pair!!! I might be wrong, its too early, but if we did, all those complains about Malik and Roszival could be forgotten. Thanks to them we got through the season, could get to playoffs (with some acquisitions) and almost developed a pair of Ds. Thanks to patience with one guy we've got two!! That is piece of good work. And that makes the demands for #1D no longer necessary.
Now, you can say we developed a second pair (if we in fact did) instead of first. Fine. It is still worth it. Try to get a second pair like this and see what it would cost you.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 02:35 PM
  #7
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You cannot have it both ways and you know it.
Who said I wanted it both ways? If you read my posts, you'll see I'm very much for staying the course. Saying the team needs a #1 D and lobbying for Pronger are two different things. You presume and add lib as you go. That's a problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
That's correct but there was reason for that - Tyutin development.
I disagree, Malik and Rosival are the reason. I'm willing to wager that Toots' development had little do with it. Slats and co. thought they were getting last year's team. But Jagr's clipped wing, Hank's shaky nets, and the overall abandonment of work ethic and defensive duties have exposed the Rangers Defensive Line for what it is: A collect of defenders going full throttle just to reach average.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Now, you do not see him there ever and therefore declare (with numerous other posters here) the urgency of obtaining #1 D.
Not true. You're pulling this out of thin air. Tyutin has not shown an ability to rise up and play at top level all the time. In any league. But that can change. Also, I'm not eager for anything. I'm making an observation that the NEEDS a #1 d (to which you agreed). I live in the moment. The team today needs a solid #1 in order to be competitive. Tyutin MAY fill that role one day, but he isn't now. And you can't build a team around intangibles. The discussion was about the team as of Feb. 2, 2007, NOT 08-09 OR 09-10. How that equates to desperation or an eagerness to land Pronger is baffling.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
  #8
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
And you can't build a team around intangibles.
Is there any other way? The new CBA makes it almost impossible to complete the team of proven performers. But even under old scheme that approach did not work out either. So that process has to start with certain assumptions, certain intangibles and continue with sticking to the plan that is set forth (within the circumstances). So whether it is going right or wrong, it is a process. There is no way to assess it properly by fragmenting it or by critique of the certain time frame.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 03:51 PM
  #9
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
tyutin's quality gets so overshadowed by how bad this defensive corps is

he's what 23? and he would easily be a solid #3-4 defenseman on a good D

i like how versatile he is, i trust him in all situations.. he's not flashy at all despite his skill, just seems to get the job done and rarely has glaring mistakes

i know people have said he should be much better just for the skill he has and is a bit on the lazy side, but i don't think thats it at all, and he still can become more productive since he is young and has progressed each year.. he is just calm, doesn't play with a fire, its his style.. not appealing but he gets the job done and efficiently.. it reminds me of the type of player Lidstrom is, and that is not a comparison on ability, they are very talented but neither play or seem like they have much enthusiasm

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 04:06 PM
  #10
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,616
vCash: 500
In order to be a #1D you have to be either an excellent offensive defenseman (He will never be that), a shutdown defenseman (I don't see it), or an enormous physical presence that can also play the rest of the game (While he can occassionally throw a good hipcheck, less and less often it seems, he is too small to ever fill that role).

It's hard to imagine him as a #2 let alone as a #1. Just be happy we have a solid 2nd pair guy for a long time and hope that someone else comes along to fill the #1 slot.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 04:08 PM
  #11
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
tyutin's quality gets so overshadowed by how bad this defensive corps is

he's what 23? and he would easily be a solid #3-4 defenseman on a good D

i like how versatile he is, i trust him in all situations.. he's not flashy at all despite his skill, just seems to get the job done and rarely has glaring mistakes

i know people have said he should be much better just for the skill he has and is a bit on the lazy side, but i don't think thats it at all, and he still can become more productive since he is young and has progressed each year.. he is just calm, doesn't play with a fire, its his style.. not appealing but he gets the job done and efficiently.. it reminds me of the type of player Lidstrom is, and that is not a comparison on ability, they are very talented but neither play or seem like they have much enthusiasm
Since Lidstrom has been one of the premier offensive and all around defensemen in the NHL for around 15 or so years now I don't understand the comparison between him and Tyutin.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
  #12
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
i think he has been a major disappointment and ranger fans rate this guy way to high.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
  #13
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
i think he has been a major disappointment and ranger fans rate this guy way to high.



Anyway, Toots has been great for us this season, he looks like an a whole new player from last year, and even though hes only in his 2nd season, he plays like he's been in the NHL for 10 years.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:04 PM
  #14
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
i think he has been a major disappointment and ranger fans rate this guy way to high.
huh? hes our most solid d-man and very young

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:11 PM
  #15
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Since Lidstrom has been one of the premier offensive and all around defensemen in the NHL for around 15 or so years now I don't understand the comparison between him and Tyutin.
of course just completely ignore my disclaimer noting that it is not a comparison of ability

i clearly said it was a comparison of style of play..

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM
  #16
The Big Apple
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
i think he has been a major disappointment and ranger fans rate this guy way to high.
I couldn't disagree more!!!

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:37 PM
  #17
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,147
vCash: 500
For those who complain about his points - consider that he gets almost no PP time. I for one would be curious to see what would happen if he was put on the 1st unit.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:49 PM
  #18
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Playing real well for a second year guy.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 06:51 PM
  #19
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
I have no complaints what so ever with Toots. He is patient with the puck, physical at times, doesnt take too many stupid penalties, and has implimented that hip check a few times this season that I absolutly love. All in all, I look forward to having him on this Ranger team for a long time!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 07:11 PM
  #20
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
Welcome Bulgaria.

As you can see any discussion can turn into a fun filled debate around here. That is what makes following the Rangers so much fun!!

About Tyutin: He is solid. One of the better, more talented Dmen in the NHL right now. Whenever you check out trade rumors re: the Rangers you see how many people would love to have Fedor playing for their team. That said, there is a strong case to be made that Tyutin has not yet tapped into his full potential. I would agree to some extent. For instance he has a tremendous shot that he needs to use a lot more than he currently does. He pinches a little too deeply and at the wrong times on occasion. On the other hand he is using his body more this season. He can level people when things line up right, but he could also do this a more.

When all is said and done Tyutin is just 23 yrs old. He'll be 24 this July 19th. He's getting better slowly.....but he is getting better. He is a solid, extremely talented package, and we have time with him. In a few years he has the chance to be an elite defender in the NHL

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:48 AM
  #21
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
of course just completely ignore my disclaimer noting that it is not a comparison of ability

i clearly said it was a comparison of style of play..
Lidstrom's style of play is that he spurs and leads the offense of his team. Where is the analogy to Tyutin there?

If you are saying that they both skate back and forth on ice then I see your point.

It might help if Tyutin's very hard shot ever came anywhere near the net.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:49 AM
  #22
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Lidstrom's style of play is that he spurs and leads the offense of his team. Where is the analogy to Tyutin there?

If you are saying that they both skate back and forth on ice then I see your point.

It might help if Tyutin's very hard shot ever came anywhere near the net.
now you're just looking to start some bull **** because i already made clear i don't consider them to be the same player

and you're also full of ish because style of play is detail to how they do their job not the simplicity of what they do or the outcome and production

for example, i'd say afinogenov's style reminds me of bure.. hossa when in the offensive zone is very similar to jagr, it doesn't mean they are on the same level

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
  #23
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Last season had many fans questioning Tyutin's ability.... He was plagued by inconsistency...

This season he has definitely stepped it up and I'm pretty pleased with his progress.... His hip checking this season came out of no where...

What probably impressed me the most is how poised he can be with the puck in tight traffic, particularly in the defensive zone when he's going to retrieve the puck and is being pressured..... He also plays good positional hockey....

Anyone else notice how well he receives a hit while clearing the puck?

I've seen some guys this season come at him really hard and Tyutin seems to just absorb the hit and bounce off the boards routinely......

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
  #24
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
Tyutin does not have me catching my heart in my throat when he handles the puck in our zone. His game is starting to round out nicely. It just comes down to time for some players no matter their skill level. Tyutin is one of those.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:09 PM
  #25
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
now you're just looking to start some bull **** because i already made clear i don't consider them to be the same player

and you're also full of ish because style of play is detail to how they do their job not the simplicity of what they do or the outcome and production

for example, i'd say afinogenov's style reminds me of bure.. hossa when in the offensive zone is very similar to jagr, it doesn't mean they are on the same level
Interesting that in your examples of your point all 4 are great offensive players. They are at similar offensive levels. However, Bure was a pure goal scorer. Afinogenov is more the playmaker type so that analogy fails as well. Just because they are both great skaters does not mean they play a similar style. The closest you came in your inept example is Hossa and Jagr and it isn't all that good an analogy.

Learn how to present a better example of your point next time.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.