HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One For The Books: Reading Royals

Old
02-03-2007, 12:00 PM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
One For The Books: Reading Royals

Here's an interesting (and odd) one in the ECHL, where backup goalies are frequently odd...

Reading Royals equipment manager Pat Noecker was forced into "emergency" action as the backup goalie in mid-January. He never got between the pipes for the Royals, BUT... he has managed to show up in the box score.

http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/gam...p?game_id=1326

Seems he took an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at the 20:00 mark of the 3rd period. So, he gets credit for a game, and 2 PIM, yet, he can not be found in goaltending stats for the Royals.

As I have been interested in the list of goaltenders who have dressed, but never played an NHL game (for the Kings this list includes Darryl Gilmour, Carl Repp, Alexei Volkov and Steve Rexe) I think it's amusing to find a goalie that actually figured out a way to prove he played a professional game

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:32 PM
VisionQuest*

That's pretty funny.
Being a goalie myself, I frequent all the goalie message boards.
Every once in awhile someone pops on there and talks about their 15 minutes, ie: they're an excellent local beer leaguer that knows some people with the local ECHL (or similar minor league affiliate) a goalie was called up to the AHL on an emergency basis, and they were paid 100 bucks to sit on the bench and back up the other guy. They never get to keep the jersey. haha. they got to warm up with the team though, and that's usually enough for quite the thrill.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post
That's pretty funny.
Every once in awhile someone pops on there and talks about their 15 minutes, ie: they're an excellent local beer leaguer that knows some people with the local ECHL (or similar minor league affiliate) a goalie was called up to the AHL on an emergency basis, and they were paid 100 bucks to sit on the bench and back up the other guy. They never get to keep the jersey. haha. they got to warm up with the team though, and that's usually enough for quite the thrill.
This seems to happen in Manchester most every season. This year they had to get a guy that was close to 40 years old when both Brust & Fukufuji were in LA and the Monarchs couldn't get a backup fro Reading in time for the game.

Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post
That's pretty funny.
Sucks that they can't keep the jersey.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 03:04 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Maybe it was a bet?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote