HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 2 of a Day-Night Double Header

View Poll Results: 3 game balls
Orlando Callahan 1 0.92%
Boof Richards 1 0.92%
Elvis Boyle 13 11.93%
Prince Lundqvist 80 73.39%
Miggy Brassard 13 11.93%
Alcides Carcillo 55 50.46%
Andrelton Hagelin 1 0.92%
Coco Kreider 5 4.59%
Dominic Moore 10 9.17%
Rollie Nash 11 10.09%
Shigetoshi Pouliot 29 26.61%
Pedro Stepan 0 0%
Yunel Klein 0 0%
Hideki Zuccarello 20 18.35%
Ichiro Girardi 3 2.75%
Jorge McDonagh 5 4.59%
John Moore 1 0.92%
Jemile Staal 48 44.04%
Ubaldo Stralman 6 5.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 500
My three stars are Staal, King, and Car bawmb

darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Staal was awesome.
Yup he was fantastic.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Staal has been so good lately, looks like his back to his pre-concussion self.

The 4th line was probably our most consistent line these past 2 games.

Not a fan of Richards remaining on the point for the entirety of the PP since Del Zotto has been traded.

I really don't trust Stepan to take key faceoffs, automatic loss almost every time.

Cally is just so blah lately... if these are his last few games in a Rangers jersey, I wish he would go out on a high note instead of playing like he has.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Loving this team right now, two great wins against our bitter rivals outdoors... now lets bury these clowns for good on friday.

Swedish Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:26 PM
trilobyte

Getting a goal or two out of the 4th line is a good thing.
I hope to see some more.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

I've got to say one thing that's concerning me is the play of Carl Hagelin. I know he scored on sunday, but that honestly seemed like a gift from Martyr Brodeur. Other than that, he's been scary ineffective, and not looking like an option for the top six at all.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Our 4th line won us another game.

Crazy, how having a competent one does that.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:28 PM
ponzu4u

this team is finding their balls and I like it.

ponzu4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Mint
Only One King

vCash: 50
Not to rain on the parade, most of the team played well. Stralman and Staal have been dynamite the past few games after a slow stretch, Nash and Stepan have picked it up too. But I'm concerned with Klein's game and I still cringe that the Rangers gave up MDZ for him. Not sure what he was doing on that Isles goal. To make matters worse, he has a -15 Corsi differential over his first few Rangers game while MDZ has a +13 rating with the Predators. That's a pretty brutal start to the trade.

Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I've got to say one thing that's concerning me is the play of Carl Hagelin. I know he scored on sunday, but that honestly seemed like a gift from Martyr Brodeur. Other than that, he's been scary ineffective, and not looking like an option for the top six at all.
I'm like a broken record, but that line is poorly constructed. Richard doesn't mesh well with either Cally or Hags. I'm not giving Carl a pass but nobody on that line is being optimized for what they bring.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This baseball theme might be my favorite. Gonna miss it.

3 stars to come.
Definitely.

17futurecap

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColonialsHockey10

Staal, Boyle and Hank were the 3 best players IMO. McDonagh and Girardi contained Tavares' line well for a change, which was excellent.

Stepan should be bag skated till he pukes for that empty net attempt. What a god damn moron, he was literally the smartest player in the NCAA a short 4 years ago.

Hagelin and Richards were awful. Callahan had a huge shot block and threw his weight around, but was pretty bad as well. I think this line needs to be broken up. Hagelin playing without a doubt the worst hockey of his career.

Decent 1st, below average 2nd, good 3rd. When reality kicks in and you realize against anybody but us the Islanders are a **** team, the Rangers should have won this one and they did.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:32 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Not to rain on the parade, most of the team played well. Stralman and Staal have been dynamite the past few games after a slow stretch, Nash and Stepan have picked it up too. But I'm concerned with Klein's game and I still cringe that the Rangers gave up MDZ for him. Not sure what he was doing on that Isles goal. To make matters worse, he has a -15 Corsi differential over his first few Rangers game while MDZ has a +13 rating with the Predators. That's a pretty brutal start to the trade.

Come on man. Give it a bit more time.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
uhh, he has played three games. We won two of them. J Moore's game has steadily improved the past couple of games since he has been inserted in the lineup.

Old
01-29-2014, 09:34 PM
ThisYearsModel

The Richards line blew chunks. The other 3 lines played well. WOnder why Vigneault is playing Nash on the PK. Did Babcock call him and tell him that Nash would be on the PK in Sochi?

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
The Richards line blew chunks. The other 3 lines played well. WOnder why Vigneault is playing Nash on the PK. Did Babcock call him and tell him that Nash would be on the PK in Sochi?
I don't know but even though he didn't score Nash had a very good game. Took control of a few shifts. Krieder as well. Step was good but he was probably the weakest of the three.

I am kinda hoping that they move Cally sooner than later. I'm getting tired of that line.

Old
01-29-2014, 09:38 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Staal was in beast mode.

Really liked the overall play of the 4th line, gave some nice energy. Dom Moore is making an impact out there.

01-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Staal, Boyle and Hank were the 3 best players IMO. McDonagh and Girardi contained Tavares' line well for a change, which was excellent.

Stepan should be bag skated till he pukes for that empty net attempt. What a god damn moron, he was literally the smartest player in the NCAA a short 4 years ago.

Hagelin and Richards were awful. Callahan had a huge shot block and threw his weight around, but was pretty bad as well. I think this line needs to be broken up. Hagelin playing without a doubt the worst hockey of his career.

Decent 1st, below average 2nd, good 3rd. When reality kicks in and you realize against anybody but us the Islanders are a **** team, the Rangers should have won this one and they did.
Meh. Problem is the other three lines are working good. Can't screw them up to accommodate one bad line. Though, I agree, they are dreadful.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Does Tavares twitch?

Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
SnowblindNYR

Stan Fishler needs to shut the **** up. In what world did they outplay us? Maybe the first half of the 2nd and that's it. Shut up you old ****!

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
NYR510

vCash: 1140
Quote:
Eh, I'm not worried about him yet... Remember what the rest of the Rangers D looked like at the very beginning of the season? Maybe I'm placing too much importance on the whole "adjust to a new defensive system" thing but Klein will have to adapt, which will take some time.

NYR510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:41 PM
SnowblindNYR

Mint, I'm surprised you even watch the games when you can just read statistics.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Holy **** I need a cigarette (but I quit ).

That was SO satisfying. Annihilated the Devils and showed some balls against the Islanders.

01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Meh. Problem is the other three lines are working good. Can't screw them up to accommodate one bad line. Though, I agree, they are dreadful.
Yeah, its problematic. I mean the easiest thing to do would be to insert Miller into that line. I guarantee it would look better. The problem is that Richards hasn't been playing badly and helps run the PP.

You can trade Cally, but who replaces him in that spot? More specifically who replaces him that meshes well with Richards? I mean he is only here until the end of the season anyways.

Its just terrible weak spot on our roster all around. Its probably just going to be the albatross until the end of the season.