HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2014, 09:21 AM
  #301
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
I don't know why I still put myself through the punishment of watching this team and wishing. Watching the game last night, I don't think I would have been that nervous watching the Sixers in the NBA finals. This whole season has been unreal. I never seen a team as bad as the Sixers hit so many big shots. It's at the point where every time there's a big shot, you know it's going in. So frustrating. And just to cap it off I had to watch Andrew Wiggins rip Iowa St.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
01-30-2014, 09:31 AM
  #302
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Why is Turner still on this team. Is Hinkie trying maximize a return?

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-30-2014, 09:59 AM
  #303
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Why is Turner still on this team. Is Hinkie trying maximize a return?
That's all I can think of. It's not ground breaking news but according to Chad Ford, teams don't put out their best offers until the week of the trade deadline, which is about 2.5 weeks away, or 9 sixer games.

I would rather take a low-ball offer for Turner now and preserve our own pick though. Hurting our pick isn't worth maximizing the return.

Mr Black is offline  
Old
01-30-2014, 10:04 AM
  #304
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
That's all I can think of. It's not ground breaking news but according to Chad Ford, teams don't put out their best offers until the week of the trade deadline, which is about 2.5 weeks away, or 9 sixer games.

I would rather take a low-ball offer for Turner now and preserve our own pick though. Hurting our pick isn't worth maximizing the return.
I'm with you there, get rid of him. But if Hinkie thinks he can get another 1st in another draft year, I'm sure he'll want to keep him.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
01-30-2014, 10:45 AM
  #305
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,645
vCash: 500
Freakin Turner ruining the tank. Trade him already!

Big Poppa Puck is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM
  #306
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,178
vCash: 500
Anyone see any way the sixers could maybe use the New Orleans pick, + a number of other assets to get another pick in the top 3? That would be unreal. If you had an oppurtunity to maybe trade nerlens noel, Evan turner and the New Orleans pick to Milwaukee for the 1st overall and grab embiid, and then one of Parker or Wiggins with our own pick? Could be incredible. A 1-2-3 of Embiid, Parker/Wiggins and MCW?

orange is better is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 10:56 PM
  #307
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
I'd be really hesitant to give up Noel before he plays a game for us. Working with Brett Brown should do wonders for his offensive game. Plus I think he's got that "it" personality. I love the idea of trying to get another top 5 pick though. Wiggins - MCW - Noel and one of Embiid, Randle, or Exum would be sick. I'd still do everything possible to try and get Wiggins though.


Last edited by King Forsberg: 02-02-2014 at 11:01 PM.
King Forsberg is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 10:56 PM
  #308
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Anyone see any way the sixers could maybe use the New Orleans pick, + a number of other assets to get another pick in the top 3? That would be unreal. If you had an oppurtunity to maybe trade nerlens noel, Evan turner and the New Orleans pick to Milwaukee for the 1st overall and grab embiid, and then one of Parker or Wiggins with our own pick? Could be incredible. A 1-2-3 of Embiid, Parker/Wiggins and MCW?
If any of those 3 are still available I doubt any team would be willing to give up their chance at acquiring them. It would require luck in having the right team at the right spot in the draft who thinks that they don't need that specific player that is the best available, and probably a haul bigger than the one you specified. Basically you'd need the NBA version of the trade that got Washington the pick that landed them RG3. But you never know, crazy things happen from time to time.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:05 PM
  #309
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
I'd be really hesitant to give up Noel before he plays a game for us. Working with Brett Brown should do wonders for his offensive game. Plus I think he's got that "it" personality. I love the idea of trying to get another top 5 pick though. Wiggins - MCW - Noel and one of Embiid, Randle, or Exum would be sick. I'd still do everything possible to try and get Wiggins though.
Yeah I think wiggins has a much higher ceiling than anyone in the draft, but Parker's build and game translate very well to the nba level I think. Hard to choose between them. I see Parker as more of a sure thing, but wiggins has that flair that could make him an absolute superstar.

orange is better is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:07 PM
  #310
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
If any of those 3 are still available I doubt any team would be willing to give up their chance at acquiring them. It would require luck in having the right team at the right spot in the draft who thinks that they don't need that specific player that is the best available, and probably a haul bigger than the one you specified. Basically you'd need the NBA version of the trade that got Washington the pick that landed them RG3. But you never know, crazy things happen from time to time.
That's true. I like Noel as well. He seems like he's got a good work ethic and a good head on his shoulders, much like MCW. Bringing in a guy like wiggins who struggles with consistency could benefit him being in a core with 2 guys like that.

orange is better is offline  
Old
02-03-2014, 12:17 AM
  #311
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Anyone see any way the sixers could maybe use the New Orleans pick, + a number of other assets to get another pick in the top 3? That would be unreal. If you had an oppurtunity to maybe trade nerlens noel, Evan turner and the New Orleans pick to Milwaukee for the 1st overall and grab embiid, and then one of Parker or Wiggins with our own pick? Could be incredible. A 1-2-3 of Embiid, Parker/Wiggins and MCW?
I've fantasized about this too but I can't see any team trading out of the top 3. There are potential franchise players there this year. Turner doesn't have much value. The best realistic offer is to trade MCW or Noel + Pelicans pick (10th-12th overall). But that isn't worth a top 3 pick in this draft. Also, the Sixers are not allowed to trade any future 1st round picks to sweeten the trade because of debts owed in previous deals.


Last edited by Mr Black: 02-03-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Mr Black is offline  
Old
02-03-2014, 09:48 AM
  #312
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Anyone see any way the sixers could maybe use the New Orleans pick, + a number of other assets to get another pick in the top 3? That would be unreal. If you had an oppurtunity to maybe trade nerlens noel, Evan turner and the New Orleans pick to Milwaukee for the 1st overall and grab embiid, and then one of Parker or Wiggins with our own pick? Could be incredible. A 1-2-3 of Embiid, Parker/Wiggins and MCW?
No. The Sixers don't have much to offer at this stage of the rebuild. Evan Turner sucks and he's a RFA at the end of the season so no team outside of a team looking to make a run in the playoffs is going to give up anything for him.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 09:07 PM
  #313
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
These next 2 games scare the **** outta me for the tank.

Both home against the Celtics and the Lakers...

Sniped is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 09:21 PM
  #314
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
These next 2 games scare the **** outta me for the tank.

Both home against the Celtics and the Lakers...
Yeah Lakers without Gasol is trouble. Any halfway skilled big man eats up the Sixers. Hopefully Rondo plays Tomorrow.

Maybe we'll get a trade


Last edited by FLYguy3911: 02-05-2014 at 12:09 AM.
FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM
  #315
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 50
6 games to go until the deadline. 4 vs. poor teams.

Quote:
With assets such as Hawes, Thad Young + Evan Turner to trade, PLUS room under the cap to deal FOR teams shedding contracts, please tell me the 76ers will come out of the trade deadline with young talent and/or draft picks



Chad Ford
(1:15 PM)


Yes. The Sixers are expected to be prime players in the next few weeks. But I think they'll avoid trading Young unless they get a huge offer. Hawes and Turner, however, can be had for much less. Sixers goal is not only to pick up assets, but make sure they stay competitive with the Bucks and Magic for the No. 1 pick.

Mr Black is offline  
Old
02-05-2014, 03:28 PM
  #316
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Its so sad that in the NBA that its not only common knowledge that teams are tanking, its almost encouraged.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 10:33 AM
  #317
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,146
vCash: 500
Mock draft has Andrew Wiggins going to the 76ers

Please....

Quote:
The 2014 NBA Draft still sits several months away, and mock draft boards will change literally dozens of times before draft day, but it’s never too early to get an idea of where particular players may fall.

NBADraft.net’s most recent iteration of their annual mock draft has Kansas’ freshman phenom Andrew Wiggins falling into Philadelphia’s lap at third overall.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...he-76ers-.html

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 10:50 AM
  #318
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
What is there about 30 games left? Hinkie has to dump ET soon.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
  #319
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 50
If they end up picking 3rd I hope a team likes Parker enough to take over Wiggins. Wiggins is the perfect fit for the Sixers as well as having arguably the highest ceiling.

1. Andrew Wiggins GF Kansas
2. Joel Embiid C Kansas
3. Jabari Parker F Duke
4. Dante Exum G Australia
5. Noah Vonleh PF Indiana

There is going to be a damn fine player available with the Pelicans pick too.

6. Julius Randle PF Kentucky
7. Marcus Smart G Oklahoma St.
8. Aaron Gordon F Arizona
9. Zach LaVine SG UCLA
10. James Young GF Kentucky
11. Jerami Grant SF Syracuse
12. Rodney Hood GF Duke

Just my personal rankings.


Last edited by Mr Black: 02-06-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Mr Black is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 11:09 AM
  #320
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Pelicans sitting 11th right now?

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 11:10 AM
  #321
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Pelicans sitting 11th right now?
http://www.tankathon.com/

Mr Black is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 11:18 AM
  #322
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
If they end up picking 3rd I hope a team likes Parker enough to take over Wiggins. Wiggins is the perfect fit for the Sixers as well as having arguably the highest ceiling.

1. Andrew Wiggins GF Kansas
2. Joel Embiid C Kansas
3. Jabari Parker F Duke
4. Dante Exum G Australia
5. Noah Vonleh PF Indiana

There is going to be a damn fine player available with the Pelicans pick too.

6. Julius Randle PF Kentucky
7. Marcus Smart G Oklahoma St.
8. Aaron Gordon F Arizona
9. Zach LaVine SG UCLA
10. James Young GF Kentucky
11. Jerami Grant SF Syracuse
12. Rodney Hood GF Duke

Just my personal rankings.
If we get Wiggins and secure the Pelican's 11th pick..wow what a nice core of talent. They already have a good coach. In 2-3 years Sixers will be the talk of the town.

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
  #323
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
If we get Wiggins and secure the Pelican's 11th pick..wow what a nice core of talent. They already have a good coach. In 2-3 years Sixers will be the talk of the town.
That's what I'm hoping for. We really need a trade soon to seal this tanking thing. We're already bad but a trade could almost guarantee us sitting with the 2nd or 3rd worst record.

Really wanna see Moultrie play too, he needs to get in better shape according to Brett Brown. Some people think he can max out to Taj Gibson, which I'd be happy with.

Sniped is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
  #324
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
That's what I'm hoping for. We really need a trade soon to seal this tanking thing. We're already bad but a trade could almost guarantee us sitting with the 2nd or 3rd worst record.

Really wanna see Moultrie play too, he needs to get in better shape according to Brett Brown. Some people think he can max out to Taj Gibson, which I'd be happy with.
Doubt Moultrie ends up being a better defender or rebounder than Gibson, but he has some talent.

Meanwhile...
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...in-action.html

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
02-06-2014, 11:26 PM
  #325
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Crazy that the worst team in the league only has a 25% chance of picking 1st overall.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.