HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Old
01-30-2014, 02:01 AM
Kamikazepants

vCash: 500
Brendan Leipsic had a pretty ridiculous between the legs goal last night. Couldn't find a video, was on SC top 10.

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Chase Balisy interviewed on the pipeline media show. he's in the first round of voting for the Hobey Baker. (Most likely won't make it). Sounds like Nashville might let his rights lapse to allow him to go to UFA.
What makes you say that? Paul Fenton said on the latest Ads roundtable that Balisy was one of the guys that would likely finish his season in Milwaukee.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a great prospect or anything, and maybe they'll evaluate what he does in that time with the Admirals, I'm just surprised that any sort of decision has been made already.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
What makes you say that? Paul Fenton said on the latest Ads roundtable that Balisy was one of the guys that would likely finish his season in Milwaukee.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a great prospect or anything, and maybe they'll evaluate what he does in that time with the Admirals, I'm just surprised that any sort of decision has been made already.
I'd be surprised if Nashville just walked away too. Having said that, I'm somewhat disappointed in Balisy's development. He seems to have plateaued and I'm not seeing any great progression in his game. I'm basing that observation on watching him play live or on TV 3-5 times a year so take that for what it's worth. I thought under Andy Murray at WMU he would have received the type of coaching and every chance to elevate his game but I'm not just seeing it.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

It was the tone of the interview. Sounding like he was going to UFA status not Nashville

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 10:40 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
It was the tone of the interview. Sounding like he was going to UFA status not Nashville
Well, the ECHL bidding war may get intense.

They took a flyer on a late round guy that showed some promise while in the NTDP before getting injured, and it didn't pan out.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:50 PM
JamboPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazepants View Post
Brendan Leipsic had a pretty ridiculous between the legs goal last night. Couldn't find a video, was on SC top 10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMyS7llWiWQ

Terrible quality of video, but you can see the goal.

JamboPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Montross

Here is a good link to it. Love his speed and creativity:

Craig Birnbach @CBirnbachKATU
Here is a link to watch @pdxwinterhawks @bleipsic goal that was in ESPN's Top 10 last night #Winterhawks #liveonk2 http://k2ne.ws/1jOFT3h

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 03:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Got a question, do we have an unofficial list of prospects we could expect in Milwaukee/Nashville?

EDIT: My unofficial count

Noonan and Balisy are NCAA Seniors

Leipsic, Girard, and Vainonen are 20 yr olds in the CHL

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 01-30-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old
01-31-2014, 08:32 AM
AintLifeGrand

Would love to see Leipsic up with the big club this year.

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Fenton didn't really mention Leipsic, likely because Portland will probably make another deep Memorial Cup run.

Old
02-01-2014, 06:12 AM
adsfan

The Admirals played at Iowa last night. They led 2-0 early in the third period. Iowa tied the game and forced Milwaukee to win it in OT. This was the first road win for Milwaukee in 7 games.

The Ads played 7 D-men and rotated a winger on the line with Henderson and center Austin Watson. They combined for the first goal, Watson's 11th. Saponari scored his 8th goal in 26 games with assists from Salomaki and Moser. Rodney scored his third goal with Salomaki and Moser assisting again. Salomaki is now the leading scorer for Milwaukee with 11G 18A 29P in 42 games.

Patrick Cehlin returned to play for the first time in 3 months. His injury was never revealed, but I believe that he had a concussion. Zach Budish was scratched.

The Admirals will play five games at home, starting today with GR, then Ham, Utica, Chicago and Iowa again on Valentine's Day. With the success that Milwaukee has enjoyed against the Iowa Wild this season, I have to believe that it will be the St. Valentine's Day Massacre Part 2!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
jonas2244

Moser called up to the Preds according to sources in Switzerland:

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...tschi-29494863

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 11:10 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I so hope Leipsic pans out in the NHL.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
RomanEmpire

Pretty sure I read on the ads round table twitter that Mazanec has allowed 2 goals or more in ever AHL game he's played in. Holy shnikes is that right?

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 08:00 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Pretty sure I read on the ads round table twitter that Mazanec has allowed 2 goals or more in ever AHL game he's played in. Holy shnikes is that right?
That's true, but deceptive in its wording. Mazanec has only allowed more than two goals twice: 1/19 at Oklahoma City (4 on 25 shots in an overtime game) and 1/26 against Rockford (4 on 43 shots in another overtime game). Every other game, he has let in two and exactly two.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Hockeyfever

Aaron Sims ‏@aaronadmirals Jan 31
Watson's goal moves him into a tie for 23rd on @mkeadmirals AHL goals list with 31. Tied with Andrew Hutchinson & @JuusoPuustinen

Watson continues to score and get points. Pretty much used as 3rd line center in MKE. This milestone in about only 1.5 seasons in MKE.

Hockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 05:08 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

It's actually not an unusual thing for a player to get that high in a minor league team's all-time scoring list. With the Ads, though, it'd take a lot to break into the top 15 or so; you'd be talking somewhere around 200 points.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Hockeyfever

Nashville Predators Reassign Moser and Sissons to Milwaukee
Sunday, 02.02.2014 / 10:40 AM / News
By Press Release - Nashville Predators

Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has reassigned forwards Simon Moser and Colton Sissons to Milwaukee (AHL).

Moser made his NHL debut last night in St. Louis, playing 10:21, while Sissons has appeared in Nashville’s past three games, notching an assist in his first career game on Tuesday at Winnipeg.

Looks like Moser and Sissons sent back to MKE already. Not surprised with the Olympic break coming up soon.

Hockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 10:09 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfever View Post
Nashville Predators Reassign Moser and Sissons to Milwaukee
Sunday, 02.02.2014 / 10:40 AM / News
By Press Release - Nashville Predators

Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has reassigned forwards Simon Moser and Colton Sissons to Milwaukee (AHL).

Moser made his NHL debut last night in St. Louis, playing 10:21, while Sissons has appeared in Nashville’s past three games, notching an assist in his first career game on Tuesday at Winnipeg.

Looks like Moser and Sissons sent back to MKE already. Not surprised with the Olympic break coming up soon.
That is good news! Taylor Beck, Colton Sissons, and Simon Moser have been the Admirals #1 line this year. Milwaukee had to play Grand Rapids last night, the #1 team in the conference without any of those three. The Ads lost 3-2 in a shoot out. Milwaukee has been playing 7 D-men recently because they are short on forwards.

Last edited by adsfan: 02-02-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old
02-02-2014, 10:48 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So when do the Preds call up Watson?

Old
02-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I was very impressed with Sissons from the limited time I saw him. He's big, a good skater, and smart. 3 qualities that almost guarantee him an NHL spot in the future. I will admit, I didn't think much of him when he was drafted, and even less so when he missed significant time due to injuries. But his floor looks like a good 4th liner with middle six power forward upside.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:24 PM
adsfan

Milwaukee was outskated for almost the entire game, losing 3-0 to Utica. Only 4 shots on goal in the second period. No shots on goal during the first 6 minutes of that same period. Getting outshot 3-2 in your own building is a losing formula. Bitetto and Roussel didnít play well together on defense. They were on the ice for the first 2 goals. They were split up after that. Bitetto was on the ice for the third goal along with Ford. Forsberg looked totally lost tonight. He ran into his own guys more than he checked the Utica players. Beck and Saponari didnít play well. The Admirals didnít play like a team tonight, they played more like individuals and it showed. Maz played well to keep it to 3 goals.

Old
02-09-2014, 10:44 PM
adsfan

Admirals led Chicago 2-0 and 3-1 and lost the game! I am glad that the All Star Game break is coming up. Milwaukee really needs some time off.

Old
02-12-2014, 10:00 PM
DrDangles

Hey guys,

I was curious about Linus Klasen's story. I remember a few years back he was doing really well for you guys in the AHL. I forgot about him for the longest time and see he's back in Sweden now. Was there any concrete reason for him bolting?

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 06:13 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDangles View Post
Hey guys,

I was curious about Linus Klasen's story. I remember a few years back he was doing really well for you guys in the AHL. I forgot about him for the longest time and see he's back in Sweden now. Was there any concrete reason for him bolting?
pretty simple, he didn't have the talent to make it in the NHL, so I suspect he chose to play at home rather than the AHL for the rest of his career.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote