HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo's Post Game Comments

Old
02-03-2007, 04:05 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Carbo's Post Game Comments

Can someone please post Carbo's post gam comments, fo us fans outside of the RDS viewing area;

I wonder if it's more of the same crap. I hope SOMEONE asks him if will NOW consider shaking up some lines...

Thanks!!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:12 PM
madbox

He was pretty mad. Didn't like the 2nd period even though they came out of it with the lead. Thought they were soft and weren't winning battles. He himself asked why aren't they ready?

When asked about Higgins and if he's lost a step, says he's thinking too much.

Wasn't asked about changing the lines, of course the 3rd and 4th had a good day.

And when asked who's starting tomorrow: David.

I may have missed some finer points, my french isn't the best.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:41 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Sounds like the #1 goalie spot is back up for grabs!!!!

Anyone here anything about a line changes?

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:50 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Sounds like the #1 goalie spot is back up for grabs!!!!

Anyone here anything about a line changes?
It should be, Huet simply is not playing well the last month or so. He has lost something. Huet was the big difference in the game today, the players have lost confidence in him.

The Habs overall have developed to the point where Abby is no longer overwhelmed and can shine.

Abby should now be the #1 goalie

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I wonder if that means that all trade proposals will now consist of Huet + 2nd.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:53 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
OK, it's official. Everybody go back into your old posts and replace Abby with Huet. ie Huet, Sammy and a 2nd for "rumoured player of the week"

Edit: haha damn Tricolore you beat me to it!

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I wonder if that means that all trade proposals will now consist of Huet + 2nd.
You forgot to add + Samsonov or Ryder

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
It should be, Huet simply is not playing well the last month or so. He has lost something. Huet was the big difference in the game today, the players have lost confidence in him.
Whaat?! It should be Huet that lost confidence in the guys in front of him not the other way around.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchenyuk x 27

was only obvious Abby would start, I said it as soon at Satan scored to make it 4-2.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ToysInTheAttic

I think Huet would be an adequate back-up, but then again, they could call up Halak. From what I'm hearing this guy is real good.

If a goaltender is traded before the deadline it should be Huet. I
was all for Huet before this last month, but seriously, the other teams have figured him out, obviously.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Whaat?! It should be Huet that lost confidence in the guys in front of him not the other way around.
not really, from my (a goalie) point of view.

If a goalie makes a couple of saves early, his team will be pumped and in the game. If the other team scores early the team loses confidence in you, and lately, its been hapening alot.

Old
02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
If a goalie makes a couple of saves early, his team will be pumped and in the game. If the other team scores early the team loses confidence in you, and lately, its been hapening alot.
Yeah but come on, when the team gives up a 3-on-1 in the first two minutes of the game, you can't blame Huet for that.

I'm a little bit shocked that there's actually a group of people that think trading Huet is the answer. You guys must have very short memories. I'm confident that Huet will bounce back, and it'll probably coincide with whenever the first line decides to start playing hockey again.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
was only obvious Abby would start, I said it as soon at Satan scored to make it 4-2.
I've always said that long term, Abby will be the better goalie...He's got the talent and skill, and his technique has gotten ALOT better. He isn't giving up the big rebounds he once did. Huet is good for the easy saves and challenging shooters....but he's never there for the big save. He relies strictly on technique, so if he's caught even the slightest bit out of position, he doesn't have the skill to come back and make the save.

Having said that, I don't think either goalie has the competitive edge that Carey Price has... The state of mind that wins you a stanley cup.... They both lack character.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah but come on, when the team gives up a 3-on-1 in the first two minutes of the game, you can't blame Huet for that.

I'm a little bit shocked that there's actually a group of people that think trading Huet is the answer. You guys must have very short memories. I'm confident that Huet will bounce back, and it'll probably coincide with whenever the first line decides to start playing hockey again.

I didnt blame Huet, and I would never blame Huet, If its not for him and Abby doing well in nets we would be in 12th.

But Huet has not been the Cristoball we all come to know since last season, He is shaky and often gives up some weak goals and also makes easy saves look hard. I know he will bounce back but he has been struggling.

However the ppl saying we should trade him , I dont even know what to say to that, so sad how they forget how much he has done for this team.

Old
02-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I've always said that long term, Abby will be the better goalie...He's got the talent and skill, and his technique has gotten ALOT better. He isn't giving up the big rebounds he once did. Huet is good for the easy saves and challenging shooters....but he's never there for the big save. He relies strictly on technique, so if he's caught even the slightest bit out of position, he doesn't have the skill to come back and make the save.

Having said that, I don't think either goalie has the competitive edge that Carey Price has... The state of mind that wins you a stanley cup.... They both lack character.
agree 100%..as a matter of fact, I think back to the start of the year, I believe you and I were the only 2 on Abby's side.

as for Price..after watching him at the WJC I cannot wait for him to be with the Habs, tremendous talent.

Old
02-03-2007, 05:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Huet is good for the easy saves and challenging shooters....but he's never there for the big save.
Did you only start watching the Canadiens in the last month? Did you forget who single-handedly brought us into the playoffs last year?

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Schooner Guy

Huet, Ryder, Samsonov, Niniimaa and 2nd Rounder for Forsberg and Knuble

Heh!heh!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Did you only start watching the Canadiens in the last month? Did you forget who single-handedly brought us into the playoffs last year?
Hmm, even then he wasn't there for the "big" saves. Like I said, he's a goalie who challenges shooters, but the instant that he's challenged, he'll fail to make it. Other than the save he made on Hossa in one of the games last season, I can't remember of very many saves that he made that were really "wow". An example of that would be on the 2 Satan goals tonight. They weren't an easy save, but if he would've done it, it would've shot the team. Aeby did it for us vs the Sens and a couple times vs the Pens.

Anywho, like I said, I don't think either of these goalies have the character it takes to win us a cup.

Old
02-03-2007, 05:46 PM
wedge

this board looks more in more like the RDS feedbacks... people worship Huet one day and, two weeks later, call him a backup...

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudToBeAHabFan View Post
this board looks more in more like the RDS feedbacks... people worship Huet one day and, two weeks later, call him a backup...
Well, in their defense, I remember Shab & Jaydee backing Aebischer from the beginning of the season. They didn't say much while he was sucking harder than a Dyson for 3 months but right now Aebischer does look like the better goalie.

Although his inability to stop shots from the point doesn't inspire much confidence for me, he's at least making some key saves to keep the team in games (and in reality, we can only say that for a grand total of N = 2 games, vs. Ottawa & Pittsburgh this week, because his previous start against NYR was dismal). Huet has been very inconsistent for about a month now, period.

Anyway, I think most of us knew Huet was a little inexperienced to be able to carry a team a whole season. Doesn't mean he won't re-find his game between now and the end of the season and carry the team like he did in November and parts of December.

Old
02-03-2007, 05:58 PM
bayrider

Quote:

The Habs overall have developed to the point where Abby is no longer overwhelmed and can shine.

You mean stupid defensive zone turnovers had nothing to do with the outcome today?

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
You mean stupid defensive zone turnovers had nothing to do with the outcome today?
There were only 2 of those tonight, and Huet wasn't there to save us from them...

Old
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

With two netminders who have similar pedigrees (in that they have been backups for the majority of their careers), and not as much of a difference in salary, questions about goalie controversies are always bound to arise. It really is a fickle position, but one that I think we need to just have some faith in. Both netminders have given the service required from them, and I don't really think that they are to blame for anything this season (especially, when you compare it to Jose Theodore last year, who was providing less than average netminding all season until he got moved)

The fact is, outside of Plekanec, our top two lines have not done their job in scoring goals in the past month. I'm very disappointed that Chris Higgins hasn't recaptured his form from the first 13 games. He is a mere shell of that it seems, as he doesn't have the hustle, nor does he create the type of chances he did earlier. Likewise, Ryder hasn't been consistent whatsoever. You simply can't rely on him to score the goal when you need it, and he has really shown that he is more of a complementary player (who would be on a second line on most great teams) than a leading man. The problem only gets worse when you look at guys like Kovalev and Samsonov, who were expected to contribute goals, but who aren't doing anything remotely close to that. When those guys make up two-thirds of your top 2 lines, it shows you where the problem lies. The fact that Bonk, Johnson, Streit and Perezhogin have been our best forwards the last two games really tells the story why we've lost them.

The point is, the guys on the top two lines need to step up their game much more than Aebischer or Huet, who have performed pretty much what we expected from them at the start of the season.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
With two netminders who have similar pedigrees (in that they have been backups for the majority of their careers), and not as much of a difference in salary, questions about goalie controversies are always bound to arise. It really is a fickle position, but one that I think we need to just have some faith in. Both netminders have given the service required from them, and I don't really think that they are to blame for anything this season (especially, when you compare it to Jose Theodore last year, who was providing less than average netminding all season until he got moved)

The fact is, outside of Plekanec, our top two lines have not done their job in scoring goals in the past month. I'm very disappointed that Chris Higgins hasn't recaptured his form from the first 13 games. He is a mere shell of that it seems, as he doesn't have the hustle, nor does he create the type of chances he did earlier. Likewise, Ryder hasn't been consistent whatsoever. You simply can't rely on him to score the goal when you need it, and he has really shown that he is more of a complementary player (who would be on a second line on most great teams) than a leading man. The problem only gets worse when you look at guys like Kovalev and Samsonov, who were expected to contribute goals, but who aren't doing anything remotely close to that. When those guys make up two-thirds of your top 2 lines, it shows you where the problem lies. The fact that Bonk, Johnson, Streit and Perezhogin have been our best forwards the last two games really tells the story why we've lost them.

The point is, the guys on the top two lines need to step up their game much more than Aebischer or Huet, who have performed pretty much what we expected from them at the start of the season.
Couldn't have said it better.

Sad thing is, my two favorite players on the team - Koivu & Higgins - are arguably among the worse right now and the two that need to step it up the most.

I know a lot of people dislike Ryder, but IMO, he's exactly the same as he always was (a sniper, nothing more) but he's obviously trying to do too much to compensate for the poor contribution of his linemates. Like him or not, unlike his linemates, he's at least implicated in the play and getting chances - Ryder just has too limited abilities to be able to carry any line (or the puck for too long for that matter).

Kovalev is also getting opportunities but not burying them - which worries me a lot less than Koivu & Higgins who really haven't created much since the end of December.

Samsonov is *finally* finding his game with Bonk & Johnson, so that's at least a positive, if only a small one.

Last edited by Turbo: 02-03-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old
02-03-2007, 06:58 PM
shimy1221*

if n e 1 suggests trading huet again, i will flip out...
he is an incredible goalie....the goals were not his fault....a 3 on 1 !! giveaway by souray in front of huet to miroslav satan ?!?

its our defence that stinks..and koivu too...and ryder..higgins...pretty much the whole team except 4th line

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote