HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Where is the first trio

Old
02-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Cenzo_

vCash: 500
Where is the first trio

It's been now about 1-2 month that the first trio as been almost non existant ( ok i'm exagerating but the trio isn't doing much)

I'm sorry to say that but all that started with the come back off Higgins. Higgins is a great player, we all know that, but man since his injurie, he isn't half the player he was in the beggining of the season.

I don't know how a player can be this good and then this medium. Higgins says he feels fine but i really think he's foot injurie is sloing him down and now he lost all confidence.

So what's the sollution?
If i was carbo, i would put Lats back on the first trio and higgins on the second with Kovalev and Pleks.

When Lats was on the fisrt trio , things were going great for the line...let's try it again.

And it could be very interesting to see higgins on the Kovy line...

Man i'm so mad, I just saw the MTL- ISLanders game!!!!! how can they give a third period like that, in front of the fans

Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
It's been now about 1-2 month that the first trio as been almost non existant ( ok i'm exagerating but the trio isn't doing much)

I'm sorry to say that but all that started with the come back off Higgins. Higgins is a great player, we all know that, but man since his injurie, he isn't half the player he was in the beggining of the season.

I don't know how a player can be this good and then this medium. Higgins says he feels fine but i really think he's foot injurie is sloing him down and now he lost all confidence.

So what's the sollution?
If i was carbo, i would put Lats back on the first trio and higgins on the second with Kovalev and Pleks.

When Lats was on the fisrt trio , things were going great for the line...let's try it again.

Man i'm so mad, I just saw the MTL- ISLanders game!!!!! how can they give a third period like that, in front of the fans
I suggested the same thing yesterday, so I totally agree with you.

However, they also need to start skating out there. They're showing no drive at all and it's pathetic.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post

So what's the sollution?

I'm sorry, but even though the 1st line's slump coincided with Higgins' return...it's pretty evident that the guy who does not belong is Ryder

For some reason, he always elects to carry it in the zone himself, and is always trying to dangle along the boards on the PP, when he's probably the last guy on the team I would want carrying the puck.

He's forgotten what put him in the nhl (getting to open spaces, a quick release and crashing the net) and now somehow thinks he's a primadonna scorer.

And I don't really blame him...I blame Carbo at this point. It's not Ryder's fault that Guy has decided to run the PP through him, when clearly the Kovalev, Markov, Souray umbrella was what was working at the beginning of the season (as a side note, I no longer blame Rivet for anything, putting him on the ice at all is a coaching mistake)
Anyways, Ryder has to go (or get back to the freakin basics) and we need some speed on that top line not less.

Quagmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
HabuseMoi

When I look at our roster.. it's like an unsolvable puzzle... Pieces have been moved around for a while now, switching Latendresse with Higgins won't change things that much.

I'm not one who like to trade players or take part in the proposals post a lot... But I think that right now, we need to trade for a forward.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:02 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
When I look at our roster.. it's like an unsolvable puzzle... Pieces have been moved around for a while now, switching Latendresse with Higgins won't change things that much.

I'm not one who like to trade players or take part in the proposals post a lot... But I think that right now, we need to trade for a forward.
I know exactly how you feel. It because of the abundance of wingers. I think we need to package a winger with a prospect/draft pick for a solid 2nd line or 3rd line center. Im beginning to think that maybe keeping Latendresse this season wasnt the greatest idea.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:41 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I know exactly how you feel. It because of the abundance of wingers. I think we need to package a winger with a prospect/draft pick for a solid 2nd line or 3rd line center. Im beginning to think that maybe keeping Latendresse this season wasnt the greatest idea.
???

Our 2nd line centre was our best offensive player last month, and Bonk is definitely a solid 3rd line centre. Which of our wingers have been good in the past while? Johnson has picked up his play, and Streit has been good, but none of our other wingers (Higgins, Ryder, Kovalev, Gui, Samsonov, Perezhogin, Murray/Downey) have done ANYTHING the past month.

We need a goal scorer. Plain and simple. Billy Guerin would be nice.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Kue
Interviewing for GM

I have to say, I tried to think of the last big game any of the three had (Koivu, Higgins, and/or Ryder) and the best I could come up with was the Sabres game a couple weeks ago where Ryder had the game winner.

But then I remembered that the unit actually on was Perezhogin-Lapierre-Ryder and Perezhogin gave Ryder a great setup.

Funny how it works. For the whole season we are worrying about the 2nd line and Sammy. Now that the 2nd line is working in some capacity and Sammy is at least being a force (even w/o points he is creating chances and space for Johnson and Bonk) we have nothing from the top line.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:27 AM
GSK*

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Streit
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Latendresse-Lapierre-Ryder

anyone ???

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

where is our first trio? why it's on the third line my dear boy

i get a feeling that plumbers work better under a carbo system than do "scorers" and "playmakers"

we can juggle the lines all we want but it wont help
it's not the lines
there's just no confidence in this team and there's certain "KEY" players that are hurting the team on ice right now and we're seeing more and more that it's NOT sammy...

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Streit
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Latendresse-Lapierre-Ryder

anyone ???
i duno, perezhogin is part of the problem IMO

i think fine if we're gonna juggle lines and this is with begin in the lineup

higgins-koivu-latendresse/kovalev
streit-pleky-kovalev/latendresse
sammy-bonk-johnson (the Sbohnksonov line if you may)
begin-lapierre-dandy (unless BG goes out and gets a dedicated 4th line energy guy in the begin/lapierre/barnaby mold)

I put streit on the second cause of the hussle and reading the play
i put dandy on the fourth cause of the speed and grit cause noone else can fill the role ATM
and Ryder is in the dog house cause well to bad you diserve it ryder...sit and watch a few games

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Bouillon
Komi-Niinimaa

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:40 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Well, here's my proposal.. to move everything around so we have hardwork, playmaking and a shooter on every line..
Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Latendresse - Plekanec - Samsonov
Johnson - Bonk - Perezhogin
Ryder - Lapierre - Streit.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:47 AM
GSK*

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Kovalev fan but he need to step up...

5 goals in his last 30 games.

13 assists in his last 30 games...

And You can do the same for each player, Higgins (last 15 games), Koivu last 15-20 games... Ryder always suck, Perezhogin don't break up, Plekanec is becoming more condident, but he's not a good second line player we need, we already got it, its Koivu, we need a true legitmate first centre, or a firt winger...

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote