HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who Might Be In Goal Tommorow? Sunday?

Old
02-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Huet Today.... Tomorrow?? well that all depends on how today goes...

A game at a time.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I would play Huet today and go from there.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

well, I would be really surprised if Abby doesn't start against the pens after this perfomance by Huet.

I was expecting a better showing by him today especially coming off of a nice little rest.

Even when the game was 40 minutes old and he had only allowed 1 goal, he didn't look all that comfortable in stopping the puck.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Tricolore#20

I think it will be Aebischer tomorrow, for sure. Carbonneau seems to have hinted that he wasn't happy with Huet's play this afternoon, and given that it is back-to-back, it would be convenient for him to start Aeby.

I just hope that Huet's confidence isn't destroyed by the latest string of games that Aebsicher has played. Perhaps, he could use it as motivation, like he did earlier in the year when Aebischer played well, until Huet rediscovered his form and parlayed that into an all-star appearance.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I think it will be Aebischer tomorrow, for sure. Carbonneau seems to have hinted that he wasn't happy with Huet's play this afternoon, and given that it is back-to-back, it would be convenient for him to start Aeby.

I just hope that Huet's confidence isn't destroyed by the latest string of games that Aebsicher has played. Perhaps, he could use it as motivation, like he did earlier in the year when Aebischer played well, until Huet rediscovered his form and parlayed that into an all-star appearance.
If huet's mentality is that weak, then there's no way the habs can trade abby (which I would never advocate in the first place).

Sure, perhaps huet has lost some confidence, infact, I wouldn't bet against it. But if the reason for the loss of confidence is that abby is getting more playing time, it doesn't say much about huet's mental toughness or internal competitiveness.

IMO, Huet will be fine at some point. But abby should get the start tomorrow

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:56 PM
ari1160

i want huet vs pens .......

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:55 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't like the current system we're using to switch our goalies around..

If a goalie earns a point, be it, one or two, keep playing him. Rotate them after losses, that way if they are winning they gain confidence, if they lose one then they aren't at risk of losing a bunch in a row and losing all their confidence. Go with the goalie winning, at the moment it's Aebi, so play him until he loses a game.. losing in the sense of regulation, if he loses it in OT, he still got us there for one point.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote