HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Christian Thomas sent down (Feb 3)

Old
01-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
Canadiens de Montréal

Canadiens recalled forward Christian Thomas from the Hamilton Bulldogs. He will be at practice on Friday.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Jrham15

Le Canadien de Montréal a rappelé Christian Thomas des Bulldogs de Hamilton.

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:21 PM
FazChenyuk

Boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLRkAF-yRQ

He cant be any worse then some of our forwards

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Smokey Thompson

Why? Is a trade coming up ???

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Jrham15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
Boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLRkAF-yRQ

He cant be any worse then some of our forwards
I am sorry but the only person allowed to shoot a one timer is pk subban.

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:23 PM
PyrettaBlaze

I'm confused.

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:25 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Bergevin doesn't even watch the games

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:27 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I'm confused.
It comes to no surprise.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Dagistitsyn

Much needed

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Maybe he will play one or both weekend games while BGP sits one or both as White doesn't appear to be ready.

Hopefully he plays on an offensive line not 4th line.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Much needed
I agree, better then putting Prust or Moen in top 6, never thing as enough depth. I am pretty sure he would be a good fit with Pleks because Thomas can shoot. Or he can even play with Desharnais and Pac.

Old
01-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
I agree, better then putting Prust or Moen in top 6, never thing as enough depth. I am pretty sure he would be a good fit with Pleks because Thomas can shoot. Or he can even play with Desharnais and Pac.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Tyson

He has interesting offensive upside but it has not yet translated to the AHL. Odd decisions being made.

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:08 PM
TheRooster

The way I see it, MB is simply taking a step back, and evaluating his assets. He'll be sent back down in a few games and someone else will probably be called up.

GO THOMAS!!!

TheRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
you right he did and so did HCH.. someone gave a cliche jab at Bergevin over trading Kristo.. which happens every time Thomas is mentions any where on HF boards ...

and to segue way a bit here.. I get it people I really liked the idea of Kristo and was really really hoping to see him with the Habs some day, and I as well as most others suffered from great shock upon hearing the trade... but i got over it as really Kristo and Thomas are not that different of prospects except that Thomas is younger and an inch or so shorter i think.. wow big deal! small skilled sniper for small skilled sniper.. neither of which has shown anything in the NHL, might one day and might not .. until then let it go FFS. but i digress..

back to my original point.. every time someone insults someone or something to do with our team in a cliche and over used to the point of nausea manner we inevitably get someone express (completely understandable mind you) how sick they are of hearing it over and over from the same people with some little "how original" or "not again" and the best " something something expert" comment.. to which we are then treated to the extremely recycled "well then lets shut the board down since only its only about experts" comment..

which leads to people like me having to sift through pages of arguments and personal opinions based on the secondary topics and not the info and discussion we entered a particular thread for in the first place ..

this isn't meant to pick on you its just the millionth time I've seen this little forum dance of wit and finally had to say something about .. guy 1 says and opinion... guy 2 say opinion of guy 1 opinion. guy 3 say opinion that guy 2 should have his opinion, and guy 4 states his opinion that we should get the **** back on topic.

so can we please end the madness? no need to close the board. no need for anything extreme.. just stay a little more on the thread topic ...

ah who am i kidding it will never happen and i will still be here daily reading and inevitably have to deal with this ****. oh the joy of first world problems lol
All fair points, with a few caveats.

First off, you don't like the idea of sifting through pages of arguments and opinions, however, you could do as I try to do -- edit your posts to the point of making them as short as possible. That's quite the long-winded version you've offered, above.

Second, I wasn't aware of the Guy 1 to Guy 3 little dance number. I just thought Guy 2 was a little harsh. Guy 1 is just venting, I'm sure he meant nothing by it. And no, don't have a dog in this fight or whatever it is.

To me, blanket statements about Habs being "clueless" are just an expression of general frustration of the moment. Sometimes writing it here is all we have.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
He has interesting offensive upside but it has not yet translated to the AHL. Odd decisions being made.
A head-scratcher to be sure.

Based on past updates about who is doing what in Hamilton, should Naatinen not have received another chance, ahead of Thomas?

Same with Beaulieu. He was supposed to be showcased according to some media types, then he was supposed to be lagging behind the likes of Pateryn (not in terms of talent, but readiness for the NHL), and then gets called up and now apparently is told he'll be with the Habs for the balance of the year.

So what's the point of all these minor league pecking order assessments? I'm liking what I saw of Beaulieu so far, but really .... how many believed Beaulieu had progressed enough to be able to stick, prior to this call-up?

There's a giant dartboard containing the Hamilton Bulldogs' roster in Bergevin's office, for all we know.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Giving some players a taste of the big league life. Surprised there is so much indifference bordering on dislike for this player, I hope he pots 2 in his first game with us if only to shut the size-obsessed Kristo boot lickers up.

Bergevin is trying things to change the dynamics and get a glimpse of possible futures.

This board is fuelled these days by a few whiners who maybe are feeling an anger about something other than hockey. These aren't the worst times we've seen for this team .

I personally like callups of players that have more potential than a Blunden especially when spark is needed in the forward ranks.

Good move.

Next call up Pateryn. He's earned it.

Whiners and Kristo boot lickers **** off give the kid a chance.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 08:05 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

It was official announced after 5PM, to save a few dollars on the cap, I believe salary cap numbers are calculated on game days by 5pm I believe.

If you guys recall they did this a lot early in the year with Bealuieu, where he would get "called up" and "recent down" between games, even tho he was still with the team.

I'm not sure if it saves that much, but good to know that the Habs cap guy John Sedgwick is taking advantage of every possible thing.

As for Thomas, not sure where he would fit in on this team, small and really isn't that great IMO, but he has a pretty sick shot.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
EveryDay

I don't see any reason to call that guy yet.....Are they trying to show him for a trade? maybe.

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:24 PM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Giving some players a taste of the big league life. Surprised there is so much indifference bordering on dislike for this player, I hope he pots 2 in his first game with us if only to shut the size-obsessed Kristo boot lickers up.

Bergevin is trying things to change the dynamics and get a glimpse of possible futures.

This board is fuelled these days by a few whiners who maybe are feeling an anger about something other than hockey. These aren't the worst times we've seen for this team .

I personally like callups of players that have more potential than a Blunden especially when spark is needed in the forward ranks.

Good move.

Next call up Pateryn. He's earned it.

Whiners and Kristo boot lickers **** off give the kid a chance.
You and I are going to get along. I saw your post about MB in the other thread and couldn't agree more, unfortunately we're a minority here.

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:31 PM
Tyson

I hope he plays this weekend

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:45 PM
FazChenyuk

Yeah lets give up already on a 21 yo guy. We make no sense sometimes honestly. Maybe he is gonna be sent down right away if he gets a few games its simply because he is playing better in Hamilton as of late (2games goal streak). What we dont realize about Thomas is that he is extremely young and has potential of scoring something we often seem to lack. If he was in college, he would still be a senior I think, the kid is 2 years younger then Kristo. Kevin Hayes who was a 1st round pick in 2010 for the hawks is still in his senoir year being the same age as Thomas.

Old
01-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
I don't see any reason to call that guy yet.....Are they trying to show him for a trade? maybe.
Nah, just to get him some time in the NHL is my guess.

I think the Habs will just rotate Parros out against non tough teams and get a young guy in for some games to give him motivation to get back to the NHL.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Habs seen to enjoy dangling the nhl carrot to their young guys. He will get a taste, and then get sent down. I think its a motivational tactic for the individual more than anything.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 10:32 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Habs seen to enjoy dangling the nhl carrot to their young guys. He will get a taste, and then get sent down. I think its a motivational tactic for the individual more than anything.
I don't mind it, actually. Giving them the experience of an NHL game makes it easier for them to see how close they are. It might be frustrating to be sent down, but at least they're all getting a fair shake.

Be yours to hold it high. Let's go
StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote