Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks Sign Fistric to Three-Year Contract Extension

Old
01-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Like this signing very much. He`s the most physical guy we have.

But, yeah, changes will be required

Funny that we pay Lovejoy and Fistric this low salary and they are our best hitters, and so far are pretty solid defensemen

Last edited by Kalvinators: 01-30-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:45 AM
Terry Yake

love this signing. he's been a very pleasant surprise

bye bye sbisa!

Terry Yake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:58 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
Let's say for whatever reason we can't or don't move Sbisa or Allen or lovejoy or whoever.... What a that mean for RFA Vatanen I doubt he wants to or should play in the minors next season.... **** even this season

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 02:08 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Murray has a thing for giving 3 year deals for defenders.

I would have prefered a two-year deal just to see if he can keep up his play. There's no big financial risk here but money is money.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 02:09 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Nation View Post
Let's say for whatever reason we can't or don't move Sbisa or Allen or lovejoy or whoever.... What a that mean for RFA Vatanen I doubt he wants to or should play in the minors next season.... **** even this season

If we don`t move anyone and everyone is healthy, then we will have a lot of healthy scratches Vatanen will have only 1 way contract next season, that makes it definite there will be moves. Why are you asking about situation where no one is moved?

Vatanen and Lovejoy are currently our only RH on the blueline who are competitive in the NHL...

Old
01-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
If we don`t move anyone and everyone is healthy, then we will have a lot of healthy scratches Vatanen will have only 1 way contract next season, that makes it definite there will be moves. Why are you asking about situation where no one is moved?

Vatanen and Lovejoy are currently our only RH on the blueline who are competitive in the NHL...
Wish Allen and Souray contract were over next year man that would have been amazing. With Hiller contact gone plus them 2 we would be set and still have cap space

Old
01-30-2014, 02:36 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

PS. It is crazy how many youtube videos of mark fistric hitting people there is, like literally you could spend an hour watching them thats how many.

Old
01-30-2014, 02:56 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Sbisa comes back and plays a game, Ducks sign Fistric

We have Lovejoy and Fistric on great contracts, barely over 1M. Along with our upcoming defensive prospects, we should now focus only on acquiring top notch defenseman/en, if any.

Old
01-30-2014, 06:07 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Nation View Post
Well the thing is, if Vatanen wants an NHL career, unless Anaheim trades his rights he either sticks it out here or bolts to the KHL.

Thankfully it appears Vatanen is much less of a whiner then some around here and is willing to suck it up and work hard to get back to the NHL.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Well the thing is, if Vatanen wants an NHL career, unless Anaheim trades his rights he either sticks it out here or bolts to the KHL.

Thankfully it appears Vatanen is much less of a whiner then some around here and is willing to suck it up and work hard to get back to the NHL.
Yeah. There's literally nothing to suggest Vatanen is unhappy with his situation (other than presumably wishing he was on the big club). It's kind of a given that you have to work your way into a lineup, especially a deep lineup on a good team. The youth entitlement problem seems to be more of a young fan phenomenon, rather than a young player one.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Vatanen never striked me like whiny "Iwantitallnow" brat, you usually don't get as far as he did being like that.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post

Our pro scouts have done well in finding Lovejoy and Fistric as they both have earned three year contracts. I wonder if we have yet another gem in Blacker, who also happens to have a RH shot.

I still can't believe how no one wanted Fistric, including the Oil. But I suppose it all depends on the atmosphere as well as the situation. Maybe it is because of Anaheim just like it is for Penner with the Twins. Anyhow, Fistric fits that physicality that Bob has wanted. That's why he overpayed for Souray and went after Allen.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Fistric is the perfect complementary piece on a strong team like ANA. I'm not sure he would hold as much value on a terrible team like EDM who need a much stronger top 4 than a great bottom pairing guy.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Ducks' Mark Fistric makes Anaheim home with contract extension

“Pretty special day for my family,” Fistric said. “We really love it here. I love the team, the guys, coming to the rink every day [even] when I wasn’t playing.”

“When Bob said he wanted a deal, I said, ‘The sooner, the better,’ ” Fistric said. “That alone shows me he’s happy in my play, and [how] he thought I can be a valuable contributor to this organization.

“It might not be every night, but it is my job when I am in to bring what I have all year long .… It’s a big confidence booster, love the stability.”

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Ducks' Mark Fistric makes Anaheim home with contract extension

“Pretty special day for my family,” Fistric said. “We really love it here. I love the team, the guys, coming to the rink every day [even] when I wasn’t playing.”

“When Bob said he wanted a deal, I said, ‘The sooner, the better,’ ” Fistric said. “That alone shows me he’s happy in my play, and [how] he thought I can be a valuable contributor to this organization.

It might not be every night, but it is my job when I am in to bring what I have all year long .… It’s a big confidence booster, love the stability.”
But I thought that was Lovejoy's job after we get a more competent partner for Cam? Oh, I am so confused now.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote