HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT February 3: Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30p MSG2

Old
02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
What was the call on Shanahan that Joe was going on about for a while? I was watching a real hockey game (Devils VS Buffalo) and I missed nearly the whole game.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:11 PM
ThirdEye

I feel sorry for Lundqvist out there. Any other team and he'll be putting up Brodeur numbers

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shoothepuck

3-2 Tampa. When you give up 40+ shots, and take 8-10 penalties, no way you win.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Petemo

most frustrating team in history.

they had zero chances throught the last half of this game.

they didnt even WANT to get out of their own zone.

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Just Dumb. Skating the puck into the zone is not going to work!!!!! Wasted Fing PP

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Blueshirts4me

Can I get a Fire Renney chant going?

Lets put our idiot cap on. Hmm...the team isn't scoring, so we put our leading goal scorer with players with a combined 8 points, and our second leading goal scorer from last year and youngest forward with most potential with two guys with hands of stone.

Blueshirts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
This is like before the lockout...looking good and then must win games become losses and just terrible and sickening...but like that time I will stand behind this team....the New York Rangers are my favorite team and I'll be a fan until hockey is no more....I look forward to the Detroit game....let's go rangers!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:13 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Okay. The reality is, the Rangers aren't dealing the big four. But, there's no reason to continue to see Jason Krog IN the lineup, and Ryan Callahan NOT in the lineup. Dubinsky's not ready? Fine. If Dawes is, then he should start getting time on the 2nd line next to Shanahan. Put Callahan with Prucha and Cullen.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Fletch

Fly...

you're still talking about a guy with 26 goals, more goals than any other Ranger, who has been on his own (not playing with any decent centerman all season, compared to the guy who's second on the team with 24 goals and who plays with Jagr and Nylander). Really, you don't acquire a Shanny and have no centerman to play with him. That's the real problem. Imagine if Shanny didn't have the first half of the season he had - this team would be fighting Philly!

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:14 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Bring up some god damn kids already on offense to put some fire in this team, its a huge ****ing joke out there. Nobody wants to win but Lundqvist.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:15 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Refs dropped the ball tonight, for both sides. Toronto needs to take a good look at the direction of the league. bettman just has to go, he has to, there's no hope for this league until he goes. none.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Fletch

jas...

Callahan's wasting in Hartford. He's not going to get better, and isn't getting better. Not sure what he's doing down there. Dawes - he's seemed to get worse this season, but hasn't been bad. Still don't know what he didn't do in his limited action to deserve a shot at playing. Still baffled. Glad to see the AHL call-ups getting quality ice time...yeah, right!

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
JRGNYR

This team on paper isn't all that worse than last year... but last year they won a majority of these 1 goal games. This year, they're losing them.

The other ingredient missing is chemistry. This team just hasn't nearly played with the same zest as last year. I almost get the feeling last year there were zero expectations so they just played. The minute expectations were heaped on the team (a playoff berth) they went south. This year, more expectations, and the team hasn't lived up to them.

Is it fair though? Was it fair to expect another 50 goal season out of Jagr? Was it fair to look at the Rangers defense on paper and think they'd be able to duplicate last year's effort?

I've come to the startling realization that this year the team is playing basically exactly as Sather, Maloney, and company expected them to play the first two years out of the lockout: frustrating, inconsistent hockey.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Henrik deserved a better fate than this, so did the whole team, i truly believe the refs took control of this one. Sure the Lightning played well, but I dont think we played that bad 5 on 5. fact of the matter.
2 of their goals were scored on the PP, thats the difference in the game.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:17 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
you're still talking about a guy with 26 goals, more goals than any other Ranger, who has been on his own (not playing with any decent centerman all season, compared to the guy who's second on the team with 24 goals and who plays with Jagr and Nylander). Really, you don't acquire a Shanny and have no centerman to play with him. That's the real problem. Imagine if Shanny didn't have the first half of the season he had - this team would be fighting Philly!
Oh i loved what he did, trust me...but he hasn't been effective at all in the past month(with or without a real 2nd center..he didnt need one early in the season). His shots are off, he is still playing with heart but not as much...its obvious he is tired because Renney burnt him out in the first 3 months...he needs to tell Renney to take him off the PK already, maybe give him a rest, take a game off..something..because if he's going to play like this for the rest of the season then we aren't going anywhere.

Old
02-03-2007, 09:17 PM
shoeshine5

Not to wish ill on anyone else, but perhaps Renney and Sather can get injured playing golf.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:18 PM
blueliner94

I would say Prucha Orts Shanny and Lundqvist are they only ones who want to win. They rest seems to like not give a ****

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
This is like before the lockout...looking good and then must win games become losses and just terrible and sickening...but like that time I will stand behind this team....the New York Rangers are my favorite team and I'll be a fan until hockey is no more....I look forward to the Detroit game....let's go rangers!!!!
Agreed, The lineup decsions are just mind-boggeling how stupid they are. Two less pts, and I think we're tied with Florida, how sad is that. Lets look to Monday, lets go Rangers.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
This team on paper isn't all that worse than last year... but last year they won a majority of these 1 goal games. This year, they're losing them.

The other ingredient missing is chemistry. This team just hasn't nearly played with the same zest as last year. I almost get the feeling last year there were zero expectations so they just played. The minute expectations were heaped on the team (a playoff berth) they went south. This year, more expectations, and the team hasn't lived up to them.

Is it fair though? Was it fair to expect another 50 goal season out of Jagr? Was it fair to look at the Rangers defense on paper and think they'd be able to duplicate last year's effort?

I've come to the startling realization that this year the team is playing basically exactly as Sather, Maloney, and company expected them to play the first two years out of the lockout: frustrating, inconsistent hockey.
Disagree....last year this team was so good because of the heart they showed. Especially the bottom lines. This year Renney plays the 4th line for 3 minutes a game and the 3rd line doesn't show as much heart (well now a bit more that Orts is on it)

Old
02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Speedtrials

Ugh, this season is starting to feel like every other season before the lockout. If this team can't get into the playoffs, how can Dolan possibilly keep Sather around anymore. He will have been here for 7 seasons, getting us into the playoffs once, which lasted all of 4 games. I will always watch the Rangers, but it is just sickining to see this franchise go back to the same garbage it has been for the last decade.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
been playing at all?

Doesn't seem that way.
they played about 12 minutes a piece. I thought they could have played less (i.e. not killing penalties in the last 10 minutes)

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
mrhockey193195

This team has no focus, no motivation, and no willingness to sacrifice like last year.

Prucha, as much as I love him, played an awful game. He gave up the puck a lot in his own zone.

Jagr, again, was an absolute non-factor. I don't want to hear excuses that the other teams are "double-teaming" him and "sending out their best defensemen against him". That didn't stop him last year, did it? I just don't see any drive in him. He doesn't go to the net and sacrifice his body to score (i.e. see the goal against Pittsburgh last year where he scored and got tripped up by fleury).

Nylander was excellent at passing today....tape-to-tape, absolute picture perfect passes......problem being that it seemed like 75% of them were to the wrong team.

The only positives were the play of tyutin, pock, girardi, and lampman, and obviously Lundqvist, who stood on his head.

And I agree with whoever said it, but I feel terrible for lundqvist. He has to play for this ####ty team that hardly ever plays hard. I don't know how he puts up with it.

This is quite possibly the most frustrating ranger team I have ever seen, and that includes each team from 97 to 04

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Again: Can someone explain the Shanny call that Joe was going off on after the 2nd period?

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:20 PM
In The Flesh

This team is just going to have to adjust their game to the refs. Cause them screwing us is killing us in the standings.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
ThirdEye

Don't worry guys, this team will wake up... when they realize they aren't going to the playoffs

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote