HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT February 3: Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30p MSG2

Old
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

vCash: 500
Don't worry, we'll string another 2 game winning streak together soon enough, & & we'll all be thinking playoffs!

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Callahan's wasting in Hartford. He's not going to get better, and isn't getting better. Not sure what he's doing down there. Dawes - he's seemed to get worse this season, but hasn't been bad. Still don't know what he didn't do in his limited action to deserve a shot at playing. Still baffled. Glad to see the AHL call-ups getting quality ice time...yeah, right!
I think somebody (Sam? Zipay?) wrote that the next three considerations for promotion are Callahan (obviously), Dawes and Korpikoski. So be it. I don't care any more if Sather or Maloney think they MIGHT get something for any of the likes of Ward, Hall, Hossa. If nothing else, they need an injection of energy.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:22 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Again: Can someone explain the Shanny call that Joe was going off on after the 2nd period?
It was called a hook but when they showed the replay all Shanahan did was push the player slightly. His stick was nowhere near the body, hence why the call was atrocious

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastRangersFan View Post
Don't worry, we'll string another 2 game winning streak together soon enough, & & we'll all be thinking playoffs!
::Looks at schedule::

Ok so Det, NJ next 2...so I assume you mean we'll start that winning streak after the 4 game losing streak?

edit - nope NM..NJ again after that.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Again: Can someone explain the Shanny call that Joe was going off on after the 2nd period?
Tampa just got a penalty to give the rangers an 18 second 5-on-3. renney called a timeout.

Shanny took the draw, hardly shoved richards, and was called for hooking one second after the puck was dropped...his stick never came off the ice...

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
crisb

Too many turnovers.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
In The Flesh

Quote:

I think because we had a 5-3, renny calls TO, and then Shanny takes a penelty, kills the 5-3 and puts us in later penelty trouble.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Wowzers, sounds bad. Joe was really going off on the refs for that.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Okay. The reality is, the Rangers aren't dealing the big four. But, there's no reason to continue to see Jason Krog IN the lineup, and Ryan Callahan NOT in the lineup. Dubinsky's not ready? Fine. If Dawes is, then he should start getting time on the 2nd line next to Shanahan. Put Callahan with Prucha and Cullen.
Yep, and bingo on Krog (despite the goal).....Right now, thanks in a large part to Renney, this team is dead in the water...It needs a shake-up. bigtime.....Personally, I'm convionced that Renney needs to go and that would be my move, but it ain;t happening...In the interim, you either deal for a vet or two or you bring up a kid or two...Both could help...This middle of the road, status-quo bull **** is a death sentence and making this team totally unlikeable and unwatchable...and a loser....Most of the parts are there (well, to at least be better then this) but the leadership/mangement/coaching is screwing the pooch

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Wowzers, sounds bad. Joe was really going off on the refs for that.
It was quite possibly the worst penalty call I have ever seen.....and i'm not exagerating.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:26 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
This team has no focus, no motivation, and no willingness to sacrifice like last year.

Prucha, as much as I love him, played an awful game. He gave up the puck a lot in his own zone.

Jagr, again, was an absolute non-factor. I don't want to hear excuses that the other teams are "double-teaming" him and "sending out their best defensemen against him". That didn't stop him last year, did it? I just don't see any drive in him. He doesn't go to the net and sacrifice his body to score (i.e. see the goal against Pittsburgh last year where he scored and got tripped up by fleury).

Nylander was excellent at passing today....tape-to-tape, absolute picture perfect passes......problem being that it seemed like 75% of them were to the wrong team.

The only positives were the play of tyutin, pock, girardi, and lampman, and obviously Lundqvist, who stood on his head.

And I agree with whoever said it, but I feel terrible for lundqvist. He has to play for this ####ty team that hardly ever plays hard. I don't know how he puts up with it.

This is quite possibly the most frustrating ranger team I have ever seen, and that includes each team from 97 to 04

I'm pretty sure thats how Luongo felt, look what happened there, we better hold on to Montoya.

Old
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
any update on how the 3 kids on d are playing??
Thought Girardi played very well again....Lampman seemed more comfortable than I'd think...Pock was not very good if you asked me

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
I would say Prucha Orts Shanny and Lundqvist are they only ones who want to win. They rest seems to like not give a ****
Right. Straka doesn't give max effort on a regular basis. Tyutin didn't just have one of his more solid efforts of the year. Cullen doesn't skate his ass off on a nightly basis. Jagr should constantly have his effort questioned. Kids like Pock, Girardi and Lampman didn't give a solid effort. Let's just paint a broad stroke here.

The truth is, TB was the better team tonight. And, they've been that way for a couple of weeks now. They put out a top two center tandem which is a good as there is in the league. And, Mark Boyle could easily be the most under-rated D-man in the league.

TB's best talent is in their prime. Our best talent, (offensively speaking), is in their 30's. Sometimes, that accounts for games like tonight.

Old
02-03-2007, 09:29 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Disagree....last year this team was so good because of the heart they showed. Especially the bottom lines. This year Renney plays the 4th line for 3 minutes a game and the 3rd line doesn't show as much heart (well now a bit more that Orts is on it)
Heart is a byproduct of chemistry, of which the Rangers this year are seriously lacking. No doubt there's a discrepancy in the team on paper between this year and last, but the intangibles they had last year aren't there this year. I think that's the biggest aspect.

Honestly, how good do you expect a team to be that lacks a true #1 or #2 defenseman, or a #2 center?

I also agree there were too many turnovers tonight, but that's to be expected with a team featuring 3 rookie defensemen in the lineup, and overall you had a defensive corp with 4 of the 6 players aged 25 and under.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:29 PM
rangers8

man jagr has really slowed since last year his pp goals have are down i dont know how much but more then 75 percent then last year

rangers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:30 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
This is a travesty.
Love Joe! Super rant....the whole officiating is a travesty

Old
LeftCoastRangersFan

LOL TSN NHL hilights were just on the commentator said "The 'Bolts are at home to the bumbling Rangers". You just have to laugh.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
is going off! I agree about the passion of the game and I think there should be back and forth 'roughing' type stuff and other physical play, but that's the kind of play, away from the puck, that the league's been trying to stop that was a criticism of the Devils, Panthers, and other defensive-minded trapping teams on the mid to late-90s.
He is right on....finally someone makes the point on the air! Loving it

Old
02-03-2007, 09:32 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
the puck was moved well before Cullen arrived. He basically threw a check at a guy who was heading for the puck. He impeded St. Louis' ability to get to the puck as a result. I think that's different, and less obvious, if Cullen arrives on time, hits St. Louis, and 'rides' with him a bit. Too obvious, too much after the puck was moved for it not to be called. I think that's a consistent call and one that's pretty obvious.
THREW A CHECK?! As Joe said...HE BUMPED HIM! Bottom line is you really can't make contact anymore. Can't rough it up in front and in corners....your just not being allowed to play the way you should

Old
02-03-2007, 09:32 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Yep, and bingo on Krog (despite the goal).....Right now, thanks in a large part to Renney, this team is dead in the water...It needs a shake-up. bigtime.....Personally, I'm convionced that Renney needs to go and that would be my move, but it ain;t happening...In the interim, you either deal for a vet or two or you bring up a kid or two...Both could help...This middle of the road, status-quo bull **** is a death sentence and making this team totally unlikeable and unwatchable...and a loser....Most of the parts are there (well, to at least be better then this) but the leadership/mangement/coaching is screwing the pooch
The good news is, it appears, despite the fears of many among the fanbase, they have no intention of dealing the youth. And, we may be stuck with certain players because they don't want to rush certain kids. But, some of those kids might be ready. So, now is the time to see a couple more headed this way. Bring up Dawes and Callahan. That'll mean there's space in Hartford for the likes of Jessiman and Graham.

Old
02-03-2007, 09:34 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Love Joe! Super rant....the whole officiating is a travesty
Agreed. I had never seen Joe go off like that..even Sam doesn't usually blame the refs too much if there is a highly questionable call.

I'm glad to see Joe point out what a joke this has become. I don't care if people think it's whining, when a team is consistently screwed over by the officiating like this has become, it deserves to be known to everyone. Granted we aren't doing ourselves favors by the way the team has been playing lately - we probably would have lost tonight even if the officiating was decent, or at least not pathetic - but this is just a disgrace.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
get rid of ward.... He has been in a daze for 3 weeks now
No the refs have

Old
02-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The good news is, it appears, despite the fears of many among the fanbase, they have no intention of dealing the youth. And, we may be stuck with certain players because they don't want to rush certain kids. But, some of those kids might be ready. So, now is the time to see a couple more headed this way. Bring up Dawes and Callahan. That'll mean there's space in Hartford for the likes of Jessiman and Graham.
Don't get ahead of yourself.....Whil I would like to see Callahan and MAYBE somebody else, Dealing for a vet or two---and keeping the kids in Hartford and learning together (except for the one or two that might be dealt)--still is very possible and logical...But it has to be soon....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:36 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
This team is an embarassment. Hey Shanny....you going to do something anytime soon? You've been as useless as Adam Hall over the last month. If your tired tell Renney and rest up.
Uh what? He's still going out there and giving his all...ridiculous that you say that.

Old
02-03-2007, 09:37 PM
In The Flesh

sad thing is, Malik wasn't in the lineup, renney's going to look at it and say, hmm, heres another game where we lose with Malik not in the lineup, so what does renney do, he starts the Frankinlik the rest of the season. He is the best +/- D man in the league of course.