HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT February 3: Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30p MSG2

Old
02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I'm just sick of picking other teams to root for in the playoffs, and not the rangers, cause they're never there, one exception, last season, and it didn't last long.

the upside to not making the playoffs, Sather gets another year added to his tenure here without a playoff win.
only 4 games in the playoffs and 7 years since Sather has been here, something is wrong, Im shocked none of the NHL people mention this. Watch we will miss the playoffs and have 15th overall pick or something like that. Sather will either trade down or pick another Hugh Jessiman longshot type. Its sad but true. Anyone think Prucha if he gets dealt on draft day, can go for a top 5 pick??? A few years ago Fedotenko and a swap of first got the Flyers 4th overall where they selected Joni Pittaknen.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:08 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
only 4 games in the playoffs and 7 years since Sather has been here, something is wrong, Im shocked none of the NHL people mention this. Watch we will miss the playoffs and have 15th overall pick or something like that. Sather will either trade down or pick another Hugh Jessiman longshot type. Its sad but true. Anyone think Prucha if he gets dealt on draft day, can go for a top 5 pick???
JO41, it's a 30 team league. You get the 15th pick, that means you make the POs.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:10 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Well I'm not even sure if it's just us. In general...just let the guys play. Fighting for a playoff spot....battling in corners....fighting for position in front...it's ridiculous. They don't even let them fight anymore...almost every fight has an instigator which is also ridiculous. Good to still see players stick up for each other though....please Gary....let the players play hockey. As Al said...there should be nothing passive about hockey
Oh I agree. This kind of stuff happens all over the league. Hell, I'd even question the late Tampa Bay penalty that put us on that pathetic power play. In a game like this - especially with both teams needing playoff positioning so bad - you need to let tic-tac things go.

Joe said it best "this isn't volleyball" although I dunno, I wouldn't be shocked if some of these calls were due to some Shanny backlash.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Fletch

jas...

I agree 100% - I'm just venting some frustration with the current administration - frustrations I've been stating since early last season. I don't want any of the big 4 to be traded either - I think they provide exactly the basis for youngsters to succeed. You keep those guys to bring in others to succeed. But we heard after the All Star Break there will be call-ups and changes...Girardi had a call-up and replaced Pock...Lampman gets called up only because Malik and Rozsival are injured. And they play about 12 minutes each, 100% out of necessity. We wonder why young guys seem to lack confidence, but look at the confidence Renney instills in them - he has zero support for these guys. They're there only out of necessity.

Back to the original point - reality is different than what should be done, I understand that. It just gets so frustrating watching this team some times.

Boston just won in OT, and Carolina got a point too in the loss, to make the Rangers' position more tenuous. I still believe that the Rangers have a better roster than those ahead of them, but it's a shame that they cannot put it together.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I really love having Joe as our color guy.

This is probably sacrilige, but...

I think I enjoy him as much as I enjoyed JD...

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I agree 100% - I'm just venting some frustration with the current administration - frustrations I've been stating since early last season. I don't want any of the big 4 to be traded either - I think they provide exactly the basis for youngsters to succeed. You keep those guys to bring in others to succeed. But we heard after the All Star Break there will be call-ups and changes...Girardi had a call-up and replaced Pock...Lampman gets called up only because Malik and Rozsival are injured. And they play about 12 minutes each, 100% out of necessity. We wonder why young guys seem to lack confidence, but look at the confidence Renney instills in them - he has zero support for these guys. They're there only out of necessity.

Back to the original point - reality is different than what should be done, I understand that. It just gets so frustrating watching this team some times.

Boston just won in OT, and Carolina got a point too in the loss, to make the Rangers' position more tenuous. I still believe that the Rangers have a better roster than those ahead of them, but it's a shame that they cannot put it together.
Tonight is the 1st night I've actually starting thinking about the Rangers not making the POs, and actually wondered about their position in the draft. You know, when you've got essentially three rookies playing on D, and TB's two best players score on the PP, I guess we shouldn't be surprised by tonight's results.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Fletch

Yup, jas...

although it didn't seem like the rookies were tonight's problems...the vet forwards had problems in the neutral zone and getting the puck out of the defensive zone tonight too. The necessary support wasn't there. The forwards, who are largely vets, at least those who played, didn't have enough sustained pressure throughout.

I haven't begun thinking about not manking the playoffs. Jagr can still reel off 5 or 6 Jagr-like games and change things around. He's really a big wild card in this one. HIs goal total thus far, when compared to last season, is disappointing at best - if he can find his way to 40, this team could make the playoffs.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
savemypoorbrain

Send a message via AIM to savemypoorbrain
Yeh But If U Think About It Between The Shanny Posts , The Turn Overs In There Own Zone, And The Refs The Ranger Would Be Sittin Sweet Right Now

savemypoorbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
savemypoorbrain

oh well i dunt really care gettin a devils fan banned dunt bother me

Old
02-03-2007, 10:49 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheALine View Post
oh well i dunt really care gettin a devils fan banned dunt bother me
Haha, true.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:52 PM
savemypoorbrain

the perks of not being on my own name lol

Old
02-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Edge

Comes down to not having enough scoring depth and continued sloppy play which then falls on the coach.

And unfortunatly I really didn't like two of the goals Lundqvist let in, especially that back hander.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:57 PM
savemypoorbrain

i like henrick but with montoya waiting in the minors do u think henrick is the golie of the future with the rangers???

Old
02-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
henrik is solid and i think he is part of our future, the goaltending has been there for us, we just cant score, henrik kept us in these last few games, there has been way too many turnovers in our zone

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:08 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Renney does not know what to do if Jagr isn't the best in the world and Lundvist doesn't stand on his head - period! It's frustrating to no end seeing this guy at the helm.
Great statement, Fletch. Excactly the way that I feel. I was skeptical from the start regarding him, but still gave him the benefit of the doubt. The man just seems only slightly better than Ron Low, sans Jagr & Henke.

However, Renney is not going anywhere. Not this year and probably not next. Next year will be Sather's 7th (does that sound scary to anyone else besided me?) here, my only hope is that he decides to retire and the new head honcho reassigns Renney to elsewhere in the organization. I really wish that the organization found a way to hang on to McGill.
Quote:
We wonder why young guys seem to lack confidence, but look at the confidence Renney instills in them - he has zero support for these guys. They're there only out of necessity.
Another true statement that just petrifies me of Renney. The reality is that they are resembling that '04 team right now.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Hockey MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Comes down to not having enough scoring depth and continued sloppy play which then falls on the coach.

And unfortunatly I really didn't like two of the goals Lundqvist let in, especially that back hander.
from what i could see he couldnt see that shot, but if nylander goes up the boards we dont have this conversation

Old
02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
savemypoorbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruchaYeah View Post
henrik is solid and i think he is part of our future, the goaltending has been there for us, we just cant score, henrik kept us in these last few games, there has been way too many turnovers in our zone
i agree thast henrick has been solid of late but over the yr he has been a lil inconsisent mb that is due to the bad defense and wut not but montoya i think will be brought up and they will see wut he has to offer either way i think one of them will go and the rangers will get either greatr prospects opr a great trade out of one of them

Old
02-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Hockey MD

When the vets were going in the beginning of the season is when we needed to get the youth in and let them get their feet wet. Renney is an idiot for not playing more of the young guys.

The first line needs to be broken up this is obvious at this point and for the love of god change the pp units, mix those lines up for christ sake

Old
02-03-2007, 11:17 PM
savemypoorbrain

Quote:
When the vets were going in the beginning of the season is when we needed to get the youth in and let them get their feet wet. Renney is an idiot for not playing more of the young guys.

The first line needs to be broken up this is obvious at this point and for the love of god change the pp units, mix those lines up for christ sake
personally i think immonen should be centering the second line with cullen on the 3rd and krog on the fouth, and again if shannahan gets an inch here or there no one would say ne thing bout the power play units or the lines period

Old
02-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

there was a wall of 4 guy blocking his view of the puck, you cant possibly blame him for that, he didnt even react till the puck was WAY in. I dont fault him at all.

the 3rd goal was bad, he shoulda had it, but comon, the guy faced 40+ shots, he played well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Hockey MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheALine View Post
personally i think immonen should be centering the second line with cullen on the 3rd and krog on the fouth, and again if shannahan gets an inch here or there no one would say ne thing bout the power play units or the lines period
I just cant stand to watch them try to carry into the zone anymore. I feel like slamming my head against the wall

Old
02-03-2007, 11:24 PM
savemypoorbrain

i dunt know if its because there a ny team or what cause the new york jets r the same everygame could turn out dif if the refs jus played it fair

Old
02-03-2007, 11:26 PM
savemypoorbrain

Quote:
At this point I expect it, but the rangers still didnt play well in their own zone, even worse it was another 1 goal game.
i agree u r completely right the rangers turn the puck over in there own zone way to much they need to just clear the zone and not try to get fancy

Old
02-03-2007, 11:28 PM
savemypoorbrain

but there is a big prob that u expect ther refs to screw the rangers in every game sumthing need to be dun its gettin rediculous

Old
02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
savemypoorbrain

and also they need a defensive scorer if they wanna repeat 94 they need a leach like player on there defense