HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Carbo's Post Game Comments

Old
02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
if n e 1 suggests trading huet again, i will flip out...
he is an incredible goalie....the goals were not his fault....a 3 on 1 !! giveaway by souray in front of huet to miroslav satan ?!?

its our defence that stinks..and koivu too...and ryder..higgins...pretty much the whole team except 4th line
I agree.

No way this game was Huet's fault.....His only mistake today wasn't that he didn't steal the game.

There's a enough blame to throw around at a lot of players.

Take yer pick.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Artyukhin*

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194766&hubname=

1."I didn't think we had a good second period," an irate Carbonneau said

2."We were soft, we didn't make good passes, we lost every battle one-on-one, we were lucky to be up 2-1. We talked after the second period about coming back and being a strong team in the third period, then we come out with this effort where we get outshot (11-9 in the third). Those are points that we need."

3."You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't work, you may get by from time to time, but not in the long run," Carbonneau said. "It's not just the first two lines, I think it's everybody. Not that it's a bad thing to think, but it's such a quick game and you have to live on instincts sometimes. I think right now we're just thinking too much."

4."We're in a playoff race right now, we're not in October or November," he said. "We know every game is important, we knew the Islanders were coming here to beat us because they need the points to make the playoffs, and we know Pittsburgh's going to be the same thing (Sunday). I mean, why are they ready and we're not?"

5."We had three extra players today, so we're going to play them," Carbonneau said, referring to defenceman Janne Niinimaa and wingers Aaron Downey and Garth Murray. "We're going to play the people who want to work."

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
5."We had three extra players today, so we're going to play them," Carbonneau said, referring to defenceman Janne Niinimaa and wingers Aaron Downey and Garth Murray. "We're going to play the people who want to work."
Should we expect a Downey-Murray-Niinimaa first line?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Should we expect a Downey-Murray-Niinimaa first line?
Mark Streit on line 2

wonder who he is going to bench?

Old
02-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Turbo

Quote:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194766&hubname=

I wonder what that will imply for tomorrow's line-up?

We could expect as many as 2 forwards and 1 defense in the press box.

Easy choice would be Perezhogin again for the penalty that lead to the tying goal. But would Higgins & Ryder be targeted here? Kovalev?

On D, it's hard to single-out any player in particular. Bouillon maybe?

On the other hand, Downey & Murray are hardly upgrades over Higgs, Ryder, or Kovalev and the team does need to win this game.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:43 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post

Easy choice would be Perezhogin again for the penalty that lead to the tying goal. But would Higgins & Ryder be targeted here? Kovalev?

On the other hand, Downey & Murray are hardly upgrades over Higgs, Ryder, or Kovalev and the team does need to win this game.
The way Higgins and Ryder have been playing lately Downey and Murray aren't much of a downgrade either.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Teufelsdreck

The third line has scored 4 of 6 goals in the last 2 games. No other forwards seem capable of scoring.

I think the first line was in too deep on the first Isles goal. All three forwards were caught when Martinek got his stick on the puck,.

Why is it so easy to forecheck the Habs and hem them in?

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 02-03-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
The way Higgins and Ryder have been playing lately Downey and Murray aren't much of a downgrade either.
Can't argue with you there.

Old
02-03-2007, 07:49 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The Downey, Murray, Streit line is gonna rock your world.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The Downey, Murray, Streit line is gonna rock your world.
i think Streit is going to line 2 .He was there tonight for a few shifts

Old
02-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

Can't imagine Streit getting benched after tonights game. As for Dmen it's either Bouillon or Dandenault. I don't see why Lapierre would get benched either? So I'm thinking either Sammy, Kovalev or Ryder will get benched.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:18 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Can't imagine Streit getting benched after tonights game. As for Dmen it's either Bouillon or Dandenault. I don't see why Lapierre would get benched either? So I'm thinking either Sammy, Kovalev or Ryder will get benched.
Samsonov has finally found a line where he can be somewhat effective. I doubt he will sit out. I have a feeling if Kovalev was benched, they'd lose him for the rest of the year. My guess would be Ryder and/or Higgins.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
Samsonov has finally found a line where he can be somewhat effective. I doubt he will sit out. I have a feeling if Kovalev was benched, they'd lose him for the rest of the year. My guess would be Ryder and/or Higgins.
Agreed on everything. Does Kovalev deserve to be benched? Probably, but you just can't do it because it'll do much more harm than good. We just have to wait for him to decide he feels like playing hockey again. Ryder or Higgins is a much more viable possibility.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:22 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Dandenault?? He has been awesome this past week.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Agreed on everything. Does Kovalev deserve to be benched? Probably, but you just can't do it because it'll do much more harm than good. We just have to wait for him to decide he feels like playing hockey again. Ryder or Higgins is a much more viable possibility.
Makes sense about Kovalev. Seemed like both Ryder & Higgins got benched to close out the 3rd today too. I wouldn't expect both of them to be scratched tomorrow though. But you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Yeah, Dandenault has been excellent this past while. In fact, I've found him to be pretty consistent, if not spectacular, all year. He competes as least, which I think is what troubles Carbo these days - lack of intensity.

Should be interesting for tomorrow... going to the game. Hope those in the line-up actually show up and compete.

Old
02-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194766&hubname=We had three extra players today, so we're going to play them," Carbonneau said, referring to defenceman Janne Niinimaa and wingers Aaron Downey and Garth Murray. "We're going to play the people who want to work."
Can't wait for a 1st line of Streit-Downey and Murray....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 09:46 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Yeah, Dandenault has been excellent this past while. In fact, I've found him to be pretty consistent, if not spectacular, all year. He competes as least, which I think is what troubles Carbo these days - lack of intensity.
I totally agree, he has been a great 5-6 defensemen. He was an excellent pickup, and has been very consistant throughout. I just meant that he has been playing above his standards this past week or so. He has been nothing short of spectacular. He is probably our most dangerous defensemen 5 on 5, and also brings a solid effort on the back end, and he rarely makes stupid mistakes.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:15 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Huet is not performing anymore, face the facts.

Sure, he saved their butts in the past, but now that the Habs have evolved to the point where they not only play a great positional game, but are matching opposing teams in shots, he is playing like Rancicot.

I think that the other teams have figured out how to score consistently on him. Abby, on the other hand has come into his prime as the Habs have evolved. This is not rocket science, you go with the goaltender who is making the saves.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Huet is not performing anymore, face the facts.

Sure, he saved their butts in the past, but now that the Habs have evolved to the point where they not only play a great positional game, but are matching opposing teams in shots, he is playing like Rancicot.

I think that the other teams have figured out how to score consistently on him. Abby, on the other hand has come into his prime as the Habs have evolved. This is not rocket science, you go with the goaltender who is making the saves.
I don't agree that the Habs are playing great--nor is Aebischer. What's more, they've gotten predictable. The opponents have figured them out, neutered their power play, and at times taking advantage of their aggressive penalty killing. The Habs don't have supermen, so if the team game doesn't work, they're vulnerable to middling teams like Pittsburgh, Toronto, and the Islanders.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudToBeAHabFan View Post
this board looks more in more like the RDS feedbacks... people worship Huet one day and, two weeks later, call him a backup...
Yeah, just goes to show how rediculous this board has beome. The interesting posts are very rare these days.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
My bad, I meant either Rivet or Bouillon, and I didn't mean Sammy for forwards either, I meant Perez. That's what happens when you type but don't pay attention.

Old
02-03-2007, 11:39 PM
ToysInTheAttic

The Habs as a team are playing well after the All-Star break, including Abby. Huet is the only player not up to the task.

Old
02-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
The Habs as a team are playing well after the All-Star break, including Abby. Huet is the only player not up to the task.
Not to mention everyone in the top 6 (Higgs, Ryder, Koivu, Kovy, Lats, Pleks).

Old
02-04-2007, 12:04 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Montreal is 4-5-1 in the last 10 games. Abby is 1-0-1 in the last 2 games, very impressive while doing so. The team is no longer just sitting back playing defensive zone hockey, in case some have missed this, as well, the offensive transition game has been raised to a level on par with the rest of the league. This is why Abby's excellent positional play is now paying off.

Abby is in the net tomorrow against the Pens.

Guaranteed, the Habs will win.

Old
02-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Marksman

I wonder how much longer it takes before Carbo breaks the 1st line. Guy has too much patience for their play.

Higgins should be playing checking line - right now he has no business playing with puck. He doesnt get shots off and his passes are all over there. Ryder is still using his main asset the shot, but to me he seems tired, making even worse decisions than usual. He should be getting less minutes with the second line.

Koivu has been doing his parts, even if Penguins game must have taken some energy from him, he still wins faceoffs, gets off few shots and even hits. But needs to have his wingers changed ... maybe its time to put him and Kovalev together - to make a statement they are in the same boat. As for the other winger, if we arent getting any outside help (Kostitsyn/trade) how about rewarding Perezhogin for his good game vs Isles?

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev
Latendresse Plekanec Ryder
Samsonov Bonk Johnson
Higgins Lapierre Streit

Last edited by Marksman: 02-04-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote