HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tyutin

Old
02-03-2007, 01:05 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Interesting that in your examples of your point all 4 are great offensive players. They are at similar offensive levels. However, Bure was a pure goal scorer. Afinogenov is more the playmaker type so that analogy fails as well. Just because they are both great skaters does not mean they play a similar style. The closest you came in your inept example is Hossa and Jagr and it isn't all that good an analogy.

Learn how to present a better example of your point next time.
no but you should learn to accept when you're wrong. you are too confident in your ability to analyze certain points

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
no but you should learn to accept when you're wrong. you are too confident in your ability to analyze certain points
don't worry. you're not saying anything out there. there are a couple of ways to analyze a player. you could look at a guy and compare him to another strictly in terms of distinct skills. or you could compare their impacts in all zones. So I'd agree with you. Hossa impacts the play in the offensive zone like a Jagr and the way he gets to the offensive zone is similar. Afinogenov is a guy that creates mayhem blueline to blueline off his skating and throws defensemen into a panic, frenzy just like Bure.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
don't worry. you're not saying anything out there. there are a couple of ways to analyze a player. you could look at a guy and compare him to another strictly in terms of distinct skills. or you could compare their impacts in all zones. So I'd agree with you. Hossa impacts the play in the offensive zone like a Jagr and the way he gets to the offensive zone is similar. Afinogenov is a guy that creates mayhem blueline to blueline off his skating and throws defensemen into a panic, frenzy just like Bure.
thanks for going a little more in depth on it. doubt he will acknowledge any of your points however since he's already proven he can't be wrong

also i will add to counter his statement.. all four aren't on similar offensive levels, hossa certainly isn't.. and you could make the comparison on style of play between afinogenov and bure back when he was underacheiving.. it's also irrelevant that bure was more of a pure goal scorer and afinogenov is more of a playmaker (to which i disagree with)

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:28 PM
In The Flesh

Tyuin = solid. I do think he was brought up into the NHL earlier than most move up D man, which may be why he's taken a little long, maybe thats why they're taking their time with Staal, who knows. Tyuin is the centerpiece of our D.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
WheresBarnaby

Tyutin is the other half of the Rangers best pairing. Wish he was still with Wardo, but Renney's a

(Most of the time I like Renney actually, mostly just wanted to use that monkey)

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:44 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
You're the one who said Tyutin's style is similar to Lidstrom's. I don't have to prove you wrong. You have to prove you are right. How are they similar?

To me they play a wholly different style of game. Lidstrom is a dominant offensive defenseman with no real weaknesses in his game. Tyutin is a defense first defenseman whose offense to date has been totally unremarkable. He can't hit the net. He can't control the play like Lidstrom. He is not a puck carrying defenseman like Lidstrom. What about their styles make them similar?

Maybe once you get specific we can discuss it.

You say that I am too confident about this stuff. You are the same. The only difference is we disagree and I have stated how they are not similar. Tell me how they are similar.

What Afinogenov and Bure have in common is raw speed and skating ability but that is where the similarity ends. Bure was a pure goal scoring machine who fired at the net from every angle every chance he got. Afinogenov just isn't that. He looks to pass. Bure hardly ever looked to pass.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Edge

Tyutin for me is a bit of disappointment.

I agree with Hall that he when he wants to he can move the puck, he does have a good shoot and he can play physical and really quietly put together a very good game.

I agree with Chosen in the sense that he just does not do it consistently enough to be a #1 and I don't see that changing even with experience.

I just really don't see that fire with Tyutin. There are days when you see what he can do, but too often he just likes to blend in. Ultimately I see a #3 defenseman. One who is good, but never as good as he could be.

I can see the Lidstrom comparisons because when Tyutin is on, there are similarities. The big difference is that Lidstrom quietly leads his team while Tyutin quietly blends in.

I've said since he was 18 that Tyutin has some amazing skills, but it's just never all there. From a skill standpoint I think he's got more natural ability than a lot of the top youg defenseman in the game right now, but he just doesn't control a game the way he should and never has at ANY level.

It's something I've been battling people on for years because they keep pointing to just the NHL but for me it's deeper than that. It goes back to the AHL, Russia, and the OHL.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote