HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Brind'Amour Night Patch Order - Part Six

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2014, 10:58 PM
flountown

vCash: 500
I am culling my jersey herd a bit to raise capital to complete some other projects that have been a long time coming, please let me know if you guys are interested in anything outside of eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/flountown

Old
01-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Just ordered a Timonen Finland jersey and a Landeskog Sweden jersey from Icejerseys. Not sure if the customization is going to be 100% correct but it'll be close enough for my tastes. The blank jersey is $140 and then it's $64 for customizing it so $204 for the jersey. But wait! There is a 15% off discount code (15off314) that brings it down to $173.40. Not too bad of a price even though they're replicas.

I would warn anyone to check out the material first in a store if possible (they have them at the WFC and the area Dick's). They're different than any other hockey jersey.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Just ordered a Timonen Finland jersey and a Landeskog Sweden jersey from Icejerseys. Not sure if the customization is going to be 100% correct but it'll be close enough for my tastes. The blank jersey is $140 and then it's $64 for customizing it so $204 for the jersey. But wait! There is a 15% off discount code (15off314) that brings it down to $173.40. Not too bad of a price even though they're replicas.

I would warn anyone to check out the material first in a store if possible (they have them at the WFC and the area Dick's). They're different than any other hockey jersey.
The WFC store had some Olympic jerseys (3 countries I believe) but IIRC for some odd reason they did not have at least one country where a Flyers player was represented... I forget which though... The only reason I mention this is because I was surprised... the poster sign showed the countries that they had, and seemed to be one from the manufacturer as opposed to the Team... It appears that they are not offering all the Olympic teams for sale in the US; maybe another company has the rights. I imagine they are only doing the countries where they feel they would make a profit, and forgoing the noes that would net them a loss.

I suppose we cannot get Mesz Olympic jerseys... J/K... I don't recall which were missing, but assume his is one of them. I'll be sure to take note this Saturday.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

They had US, Canada, and Russia which no Flyers play for. Kinda bothered me too when looking in. You can't get a jersey of a Flyer in the Olympics there.

On the sameish topic it bothers me to see Russia stuff sold in the US. Obviously it isn't the Cold War Era anymore but just struck a cord.

Nike has the rights to all of the jerseys so they have the capability of producing them just the lesser known countries for the most part aren't worth producing in mass quantity.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:23 PM
flountown

Quote:
They had US, Canada, and Russia which no Flyers play for. Kinda bothered me too when looking in. You can't get a jersey of a Flyer in the Olympics there.

On the sameish topic it bothers me to see Russia stuff sold in the US. Obviously it isn't the Cold War Era anymore but just struck a cord.

Nike has the rights to all of the jerseys so they have the capability of producing them just the lesser known countries for the most part aren't worth producing in mass quantity.
*secretly delete my two Russian eBay listings* Yeah, SCREW THE COMMIES...Get Joseph McCarthy on the case.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
River city Sports font is off… only place to get a proper flyers jersey is Skate Zone
Update on my River City Sports jersey...

Still have not received it (which is to be expected...3-6 weeks for delivery), but I did notice that their advertisements say that the customization is "Official Pro-Stitch Customization" cut to "licensed NHLPA specifications." I guess we'll see when it gets here. I'll post pictures and maybe someone with a trained eye and comment because I can't tell the difference I'm sure.

Old
01-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
*secretly delete my two Russian eBay listings* Yeah, SCREW THE COMMIES...Get Joseph McCarthy on the case.
Haha I just don't envision stores in Russia selling US stuff. Although I know their are some major differences due to the NHL and it's stars playing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Update on my River City Sports jersey...

Still have not received it (which is to be expected...3-6 weeks for delivery), but I did notice that their advertisements say that the customization is "Official Pro-Stitch Customization" cut to "licensed NHLPA specifications." I guess we'll see when it gets here. I'll post pictures and maybe someone with a trained eye and comment because I can't tell the difference I'm sure.
While yes it does state the NHLPA specification and the official customizing I believe the reason no other company can get the Flyers correct besides PE is due to PE or Ruberti's changing the font without notifying the NHL and nothing has changed.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:13 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
While yes it does state the NHLPA specification and the official customizing I believe the reason no other company can get the Flyers correct besides PE is due to PE or Ruberti's changing the font without notifying the NHL and nothing has changed.
We'll see. As long as it isn't ridiculous, I won't be too broken up. I have had terrible luck with jerseys recently. I bought a Richards jersey right before they made him captain and I foolishly got it from NHL.com. I didn't realize they did iron-on crap. I remember thinking, "I'll get it right from the source, no way it will be anything less than perfect!" How incredibly wrong I was. Then I tried one of the knock-offs. It actually wasn't too bad as far as the numbering and lettering goes, but the NHL patch was all messed up and the fight strap was clearly nowhere near regulation but for $50, I wasn't complaining. Then, of course, they traded Richards as they do with all of the players of whom I have bought jerseys. So hopefully RCS doesn't mess this up and hopefully the Flyers don't deal Sean Couturier.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
We'll see. As long as it isn't ridiculous, I won't be too broken up. I have had terrible luck with jerseys recently. I bought a Richards jersey right before they made him captain and I foolishly got it from NHL.com. I didn't realize they did iron-on crap. I remember thinking, "I'll get it right from the source, no way it will be anything less than perfect!" How incredibly wrong I was. Then I tried one of the knock-offs. It actually wasn't too bad as far as the numbering and lettering goes, but the NHL patch was all messed up and the fight strap was clearly nowhere near regulation but for $50, I wasn't complaining. Then, of course, they traded Richards as they do with all of the players of whom I have bought jerseys. So hopefully RCS doesn't mess this up and hopefully the Flyers don't deal Sean Couturier.
It'll definitely be legit stitching and the numbers won't be flimsy pieces of crap that the NHL Shop puts out. You won't be disappointed in that regard.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

Quote:

Yes, I recall now... we commented that they had no Flyers representation with the jerseys they were selling. I suppose they mass produce those three and send them out to the stores, and sell the others from smaller batches on-line... and produce more batches as needed. I wonder if they have a means for ordering Flyers... and other players... from that store location, rather than directing people to the Internet.

Old
01-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

FWIW: I'd guess that there are much more American/Western products in Russia than there is Russian in the US... I believe Russia has always held a fascination with Western pop culture, and Hockey would also be true with many Russians starring over here in the NHL. I'd imagine there to be in Russia, Russian player NHL Team jerseys on racks of some more frequented shops... while we would have to jump through hoops to purchase American/Canadian players names on KHL Team jerseys off the 'Net, like we did getting those Giroux and Briere jerseys during the LockOut... Just a hunch though.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 01-14-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old
01-14-2014, 04:33 PM
you Giroux it for me

My dad is turning 50 and his favorite Flyer has always been MacLeish. He said he would like his jersey and sent me this link...but it doesn't look quite right. I'm not crazy, right? I was looking at MacLeish in pictures and the lettering just doesn't look right to me. If I'm paying almost 200 for a jersey, I want it to at least look right. I got a 94-95 Kariya jersey from icejerseys and it's beautiful and accurate, but this just irks me a bit.

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.co...me-nhl-jersey/

Old
01-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

Quote:
Originally Posted by you Giroux it for me View Post
My dad is turning 50 and his favorite Flyer has always been MacLeish. He said he would like his jersey and sent me this link...but it doesn't look quite right. I'm not crazy, right? I was looking at MacLeish in pictures and the lettering just doesn't look right to me. If I'm paying almost 200 for a jersey, I want it to at least look right. I got a 94-95 Kariya jersey from icejerseys and it's beautiful and accurate, but this just irks me a bit.

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.co...me-nhl-jersey/

Note the picture of Rick at the top... notice the MAC is in capital letters... the same as the other letters would be... the jersey depicted is the same. The one in the link you posted has the 'A' & 'C' in lower case, and only the 'M' as a capital on the first three letters. I'm not suggesting that that is the way it was in all seasons and on both Home and Away jerseys... merely that it was that way in at least in that 1974-75 Orange version of the jersey. That may be what looks awry to you... and you may not be crazy... in this instance anyway.

HTH

EDIT: BTW... The font on the '9' also is a bit different... and the black border is also wider on both numbers.

EDIT2: It seems that the lower case 'A' & 'C' may have been the case with the next generation style that started with the second season of the Cooperalls.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 01-14-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old
01-18-2014, 12:25 PM
PK16

This is my first post to this part of the board and I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the information you have provided over the years. Your recommendation pointed me to PLA when I was in Philly for the Winter Classic a couple of year ago and I purchased my authentic Winter Classic jersey. The knowledge dropped by you guys has been very helpful over the years.

I really enjoy seeing all of your jersey posts and many of you have incredible collections. I thought I would show a couple from my very modest collection.

photo1.JPG
This is a signed Giroux jersey from one of the Wives Carnival. It is from Meigray with all the paperwork.

photo2.JPG
This is a signed Connor McDavid OHL practice jersey (used) that I had signed at one of my son's tournaments in Erie last year. The Otter players were great and signed for everyone. A very classy group of guys and organization.

Old
01-18-2014, 01:26 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Just got my jersey yesterday, it's a Giroux accelerator premium jersey.
image.jpg
Wanted a jersey different from the norm, I already have an orange(Pronger) and 2 white jerseys(Winter Classic and Hextall) the winter classic will get Voracek's name and number on it soon.

Old
01-18-2014, 05:16 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I have a Jagr and Giroux Black Ice jersey. They were the first version of those black jerseys. Just a little different than the accelerator ones that came out the next year

Old
01-19-2014, 07:27 AM
Flyers845

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK16 View Post
This is my first post to this part of the board and I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the information you have provided over the years. Your recommendation pointed me to PLA when I was in Philly for the Winter Classic a couple of year ago and I purchased my authentic Winter Classic jersey. The knowledge dropped by you guys has been very helpful over the years.

I really enjoy seeing all of your jersey posts and many of you have incredible collections. I thought I would show a couple from my very modest collection.

Attachment 70055
This is a signed Giroux jersey from one of the Wives Carnival. It is from Meigray with all the paperwork.

Attachment 70057
This is a signed Connor McDavid OHL practice jersey (used) that I had signed at one of my son's tournaments in Erie last year. The Otter players were great and signed for everyone. A very classy group of guys and organization.
Nice giroux! I got my hands on an authentic carnival patch so I did a giroux on a team issue 2.0 jersey. Did you get that off eBay? Or were you selling it on eBay?

Old
01-19-2014, 09:56 AM
PK16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
Nice giroux! I got my hands on an authentic carnival patch so I did a giroux on a team issue 2.0 jersey. Did you get that off eBay? Or were you selling it on eBay?

Definitely not selling it. I just bought a shadow box for it. I did get it off ebay. I have a fairly limited signed jersey collection. Essentially, this is it.

Old
01-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Flyers845

I don't want to buy it haha. I tried getting that off the eBay seller before they had it listed a few times then would pull it during the middle of the auction because it would have a $50 bid with few hours to go. You got a good deal on it when you got it congrats.

I got a shadow box for Xmas I put my laforest in there.

Old
01-19-2014, 12:18 PM
PK16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
I don't want to buy it haha. I tried getting that off the eBay seller before they had it listed a few times then would pull it during the middle of the auction because it would have a $50 bid with few hours to go. You got a good deal on it when you got it congrats.

I got a shadow box for Xmas I put my laforest in there.

Thanks. That LaForest is sweet. Looks great in that shadow box.:

Old
01-21-2014, 08:43 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Not a Flyers Jersey - but he was once a Flyer... I got a Jagr Devils Jersey in from Coolhockey.com. They did another great job. This is like my 4th or 5th order from them. Very pleased...

Goes with some of my other Jagrs...

Dallas Stars:

Kladno Knights (the team he owns in the Czech Republic)

And, of course my signed Flyers one

And, I also have an NHL store Flyers Black Ice Jagr, as well as an orange closeout Flyers Jagr jersey from them as well. I normally don't buy from the NHL store - but I got it for like $99...

Old
01-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Got my kit in from EPS. Amazing turn around. I ordered it last Monday and already received it. I still need to have everything stitched down. I got a C and an A with it so eventually if anyone needs one i'll have them available.

Old
01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

So my jersey from River City Sports was supposed to arrive yesterday, which it didn't. The tracking info they gave me has the latest update from Canada Post on Monday saying "International Item Has Left Canada" and still hast the expected delivery date as yesterday. Does it typically stop giving you updates when the shipment leaves Canada or should I be worried that my jersey is lost in space?

Old
01-31-2014, 08:56 AM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

Quote:
So my jersey from River City Sports was supposed to arrive yesterday, which it didn't. The tracking info they gave me has the latest update from Canada Post on Monday saying "International Item Has Left Canada" and still hast the expected delivery date as yesterday. Does it typically stop giving you updates when the shipment leaves Canada or should I be worried that my jersey is lost in space?
Well if it is a Leighton jersey, I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't stolen...

Old
01-31-2014, 09:02 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Try putting the tracking number in on the USPS website.

Closed Thread