HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Dion Phaneuf Voted Hardest Hitter In The NHL By Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2007, 01:34 PM
  #1
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Dion Phaneuf Voted Hardest Hitter In The NHL By Players

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...t&lid=tab5pos2


StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2007, 09:43 PM
  #2
natural420*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
the big thing that stood out for me in this was that lombardi was only 1% for the fastest skater. shows how under the radar he still is. he should be competing for a top three spot in the league, not tied with iginla

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
  #3
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420 View Post
the big thing that stood out for me in this was that lombardi was only 1% for the fastest skater. shows how under the radar he still is. he should be competing for a top three spot in the league, not tied with iginla

I completely agree.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:32 PM
  #4
Flames420
Registered User
 
Flames420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Wow no kidding anyone who voted him so low hasnt seen him skate fast.... last time i watched a guy fly past people like that was a guy well all knew and hated... Mr. Pavel Bure himself. Bure was obviously better in other areas but Lombardi is as fast as there is in the NHL.

Flames420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:45 AM
  #5
Jarome-a-Rome
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
But why didn't Phaneuf get any votes for dirtiest player? Did you see that blatantly dirty play tonight?

If not, you can read about it here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=340360


pretty bad, hey?

Jarome-a-Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:48 AM
  #6
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Classic Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome-a-Rome View Post
But why didn't Phaneuf get any votes for dirtiest player? Did you see that blatantly dirty play tonight?

If not, you can read about it here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=340360


pretty bad, hey?



Yeah, that had to be the funniest thread I've seen since joining this board. The funniest part to me was when he said Phaneuf's eyes were staring right at Luongo's atoms apple or something and that's what he was targeting. Hilarious.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:55 AM
  #7
Jarome-a-Rome
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Phaneuf's one-timer is even better than I thought if he can be starring at a guy's adam's apple, and still get all of the puck... he must be the only guy in the league who doesn't need to look at the puck when he's taking a one-timer, and not to mention, he didn't just look up when one-timing that shot... he also put it right where he knew Luongo's adam's apple would be when he went into his butterfly... that was the best shot I've ever seen!!! Too bad he'll get suspended for it

Jarome-a-Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 04:12 AM
  #8
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post


Yeah, that had to be the funniest thread I've seen since joining this board. The funniest part to me was when he said Phaneuf's eyes were staring right at Luongo's atoms apple or something and that's what he was targeting. Hilarious.
That is kind of funny. I doubt it myself. But to tell the truth, Bobby Hull used to try to start games taking a slap shot at the goalies head, just to shake him up.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:07 PM
  #9
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
That is kind of funny. I doubt it myself. But to tell the truth, Bobby Hull used to try to start games taking a slap shot at the goalies head, just to shake him up.
i doubt it too maybe in the first period... but not when you were down 2-0 and just recently scored to get back in teh game... not to mention on the 5 on 3... there is no doubt in any half brained persons mind that Dion was trying to score

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.