HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's going ?

Old
02-04-2007, 08:00 AM
LamborGREENie

vCash: 500
Who's going ?

Will it be Pleky, Perez or Ryder ?

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 08:05 AM
felixd

I think Perez and Ryder have the best chance out of the roster players to get moved, I doubt Pleky is going anywhere.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Schooner Guy

Pleks is one of few Habs players that works hard every game. I'd be very surprised if he got traded. I'm thinking Ryder and Perez are our best bets to be traded from our current forwards with an outside chance of Kovalev going. Samsonov's too expensive for anyone to acquire. On defense, the Habs would likely move Niniimaa if they could and I think there's a small outside chance of Rivet possibly going to the Western Conference as most teams would love to have an experienced Dman for the stretch.

Hopefully Kostitsyn remains with the organization. He probably has the most offensive upside of all forwards in our system.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Maxpac

Ryder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Odinsky*

Ryder Ryder Ryder Ryder

Odinsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:12 AM
GoHabsGO252006

Ryder

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 10:47 AM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotte View Post
Ryder Ryder Ryder Ryder
RYDER
RYDER
RYDER

Worst player of the team.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Pascal

Ryder I hope.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:21 AM
otto bond

At this point, anyone can and should go to get a bonified player. I am always one to preach patient but it.s been 10 plus long years of it. Yeah we traded Teo and Ribs, but it was not a bold move. My list of guys at any price are:
1.Malkin(i know,will not happen)
2.Kopitar
3.Rick Nash
4.Lecavalier
5.Gaborik
6.Semins
7.Jeff Carter
8.Jokinen
9.Frolov
10.Datsyuk(tricky but interesting)

and for the right price
1.Forberg
2.Sakic
3.Bertuzzi
4.Satan
5.Doan

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
How is Jeff Carter a bonified player? He has like the same amount of points as Perezhogin.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77otto View Post
At this point, anyone can and should go to get a bonified player. I am always one to preach patient but it.s been 10 plus long years of it. Yeah we traded Teo and Ribs, but it was not a bold move. My list of guys at any price are:
1.Malkin(i know,will not happen)
2.Kopitar
3.Rick Nash
4.Lecavalier
5.Gaborik
6.Semins
7.Jeff Carter
8.Jokinen
9.Frolov
10.Datsyuk(tricky but interesting)

and for the right price
1.Forberg
2.Sakic
3.Bertuzzi
4.Satan
5.Doan
This list is ridiculous. Datsyuk is just about the only player on the first list that MIGHT be available. Jokinen perhaps, too. Even on the second list, Sakin and Doan aren't available, and why do we need another underachieving RW earning $4m+ (Satan). At least Bertuzzi is UFA come July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
How is Jeff Carter a bonified player? He has like the same amount of points as Perezhogin.
lol so true. The guy hasn't proven anything, and while Forsberg was out he was the top line centre and still didn't put anything together.

02-04-2007, 12:03 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Big yougn center.wuld thrive as a Hab IMO.
HAs for Perezhogin, we have plenty in the system like him.

I could see a line like Larendress-Carter-Kovy
And I also think he will be a force in the long run.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:05 PM
RE-HABS

The old let's get rid of Ryder thread....isn't there one of these daily???

I say get rid of players like Kovalev and Koivu who have never been worth their salaries. I know I'm gonna ruffle some feathers here, but Koivu is not and will never be a 1st line centre. Kovalev is a player who is selfish and plays when he wants to play.

Get rid of those two salaries or at least one of them and try to do something, a Ryder trade isn't going to solve the centre ice problems and the inability to score at even strength, a legit 1st line centre and winger like Ryan Smyth who shows up game in and game out is 10 times better and what we need over a overrated and overpaid player in Kovalev.

People here are trading the wrong player.

You know what though, if there is a player involved it will probably have to be Ryder because Gainey himself has said that when GM's call they always ask about Ryder or Komisarek...funny how the rest of the league see's him as a bonfied goal scorer when the Habs fans can't!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
This list is ridiculous. Datsyuk is just about the only player on the first list that MIGHT be available. Jokinen perhaps, too. Even on the second list, Sakin and Doan aren't available, and why do we need another underachieving RW earning $4m+ (Satan). At least Bertuzzi is UFA come July.

lol so true. The guy hasn't proven anything, and while Forsberg was out he was the top line centre and still didn't put anything together.
That your point of view.
I still would rather Satan (4mil) then Samsonov at 3.5mill
And I also mean that these guys are not realy availbe but with the right offer... you never know.

Old
02-04-2007, 02:50 PM
shimy1221*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The old let's get rid of Ryder thread....isn't there one of these daily???

I say get rid of players like Kovalev and Koivu who have never been worth their salaries. I know I'm gonna ruffle some feathers here, but Koivu is not and will never be a 1st line centre. Kovalev is a player who is selfish and plays when he wants to play.

Get rid of those two salaries or at least one of them and try to do something, a Ryder trade isn't going to solve the centre ice problems and the inability to score at even strength, a legit 1st line centre and winger like Ryan Smyth who shows up game in and game out is 10 times better and what we need over a overrated and overpaid player in Kovalev.

People here are trading the wrong player.

You know what though, if there is a player involved it will probably have to be Ryder because Gainey himself has said that when GM's call they always ask about Ryder or Komisarek...funny how the rest of the league see's him as a bonfied goal scorer when the Habs fans can't!
as much as i love koivu, if the right deal came a long, i think i'd trade him..although people would hate gainey....

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:45 PM
PockIsGoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
as much as i love koivu, if the right deal came a long, i think i'd trade him..although people would hate gainey....
Yeah... right. On the trade market is value is close to nothing. He may be cold right now, but in december, he was money. I believe in him, HE WILL take us to the cup.

Last edited by PockIsGoD: 02-04-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo
PockIsGoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:27 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockIsGoD View Post
Yeah... right. On the trade market is value is close to nothing. He may be cold right now, but in december, he was money. I believe in him, HE WILL take us to the cup.
Well, saying that Koivu value on the market is close to nothing isn't true. I have to agree that he's more valuable to us than in a trade but I think that he could fetch a good prospect and a high pick in a trade.

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:45 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Ryder

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:56 PM
bjac

Quote:
1.Malkin (will not happen)
2.Kopitar (why would LA trade a potential franchise player when they are rebuilding?)
3.Rick Nash (same thing as Kopitar)
4.Lecavalier (same as above, but st. l and richards are more realistic)
5.Gaborik (possible, but too risky)
6.Semins (Washinton probably wont trade away young stars because they are rebuilding)
7.Jeff Carter (2nd Line center)
8.Jokinen (I doubt Florida lets him go, but he is the best bet on this list IMO)
9.Frolov (not a bonified player, probably wont be anythign special)
10.Datsyuk(an option, but risky)

and for the right price
1.Forberg
2.Sakic
3.Bertuzzi
4.Satan
5.Doan
I personally believe that they need to bring in someone who is young, and talented enough to carry a team... With that said, I doubt it will happen because 29 other teams want to do the exact same thing. Franchise players don't get traded much (I know Thorton did, but that was just stupid), they mainly are only available as UFA. I say don't try to pick up a rental, try Drury in the FA market (I am a big fan of Jokinen though).

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 12:47 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That your point of view.
I still would rather Satan (4mil) then Samsonov at 3.5mill
And I also mean that these guys are not realy availbe but with the right offer... you never know.
Okay.. we'll just stock up with RW's. Satan can't play the left, neither can Kovalev, and neither can Ryder.

I'm rather tired of seeing proposals that aren't thought through at all. For instance, if you suggest we get Satan in exchange for a package including Ryder, that's one thing. However, noone does any work as to how their proposed players would fit into the roster, and nearly all the time players end up out of position on their proposed lineups.

Last edited by coolguy21415: 02-05-2007 at 01:02 AM.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 12:57 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
I say Ryder because I really dont see him in the long term plans of the team

Old
02-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I'd prefer it to be Ryder considering I don't think he's worth what he'll make next year, but I'm pretty sure Perezhogin has played his last game as a member of the Montreal Canadiens. It makes me really sad since he's my favorite player, but I just don't see how he's ever going to get a legitimate opportunity with us at this point.

Begin is supposedly very close to returning. Once he does, he will be in the lineup every single game (and he should be, that's not a complaint). I think he is much more effective as a winger than as a centre and I believe the coaching staff understands this as well so Lapierre will stay as the fourth line centre.

I believe a physical space on the roster will have to be created to accommodate Begin so I imagine that Murray will be waived or Perezhogin will be traded for a non-roster player or a draft pick. If he is traded, I have no doubt that we will be on the losing end of that trade. I know he's not a very popular player amongst Habs fans, but I really think he will shine if a team ever allows him to play regularly in an offensive role.

Anyways, assuming he isn't immediately traded, how is he ever going to crack the lineup again? It's clear that Carbonneau likes Garth Murray more than he does Perezhogin (and that drives me crazy -- Perezhogin at his worst is still better than Murray at his absolute best) so he already seems to have lost his job as a regular on this team. Once Begin is back, there's just no room at all unless Streit is moved back to defense full time which I don't see happening; there's just no way we'll have two expensive defensemen sitting in the press box every night.

It's sad that it's come to this (especially since I'll have to get my new vintage jersey renumbered if that's even possible), but I think yesterday's game was the last chance for the organization to show any faith in Perezhogin. I thought that he'd be scratched, but I had a little glimmer of hope that he'd be in the lineup. Apparently Carbonneau commented that he was pleased with the fourth line's effort in the pathetic Islanders game (despite Perezhogin's terrible penalty which I'm surprised didn't result in him being benched for the rest of that game) so I thought there might be a chance of him sticking in the lineup.

Both Higgins and Ryder received no icetime after falling behind 4-2 so I thought they might be scratched, but for some stupid reason Samsonov was the odd man out despite playing some of his best hockey of the season lately with Bonk and Johnson. If Higgins and Ryder were scratched to send a message to the team, a spot would have been available for Perezhogin on a scoring line, but it just didn't happen. I don't think it ever will.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 01:16 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not going to go into detail, but Murray doesn't take stupid penalties, and can play the PK in a pinch. I think this is why Carbo likes him better. Perezhogin, at his best, isn't a fantastic positional player and can make poor decisions.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Murray takes plenty of stupid penalties, the fourth line just doesn't get as much ice time when he's on it so it's not as noticeable. I agree about the penalty killing aspect, but I still think Perezhogin brings a whole lot more to the table than Murray does.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote