HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Game #56| Sat., Feb. 1, 2014| Flyers at Kings |4:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Edler View Post
Lol seriously? I mean, the Canucks are two girls one cupping it pretty hard right now but there are a few players who have been good for us, Tanev,(huge surprise), Santo(out for season now) and to lesser extents Kassian(after a rough start) and I would say Richardson has proven to be a useful bottom 6 guy, almost everyone else is drowning although Edler has been better since returning from injury, not saying great.. just better.
Beef is our resident funny man, but he was still not far off despite being a funny man.

Gustafsson is doing extremely well since getting game action now, but that's also something people thought would happen if Meszaros would ever leave the lineup so it's not totally unexpected.

Luke Schenn is doing well since Gustafsson has been in the lineup which is also partly due to Meszaros not being his linemate anymore.

Timonen and Streit are old and can't handle a point position on the PP yet they're our two best D right now overall.

We always seem to have one forward line doing well and scoring with no other line being hot at the same time. It's weird and annoying.

Lecavalier scores some goals occasionally, but other then that he's horrible to mediocre in every way.

Steve Downie was thought to be a steal and was part of our most dominant line all season (Read-Couturier-Downie), but for a long while now it seems someone has sucked every ounce of skill out of him a la Space Jam.

Steve Mason isn't losing games on his own because our D is horrendous, but he also isn't stealing any games. So, basically, he's not solely responsible for most losses yet he's not playing like a starter or anywhere near how he started the season. People are frustrated and nervous with him at this point.

Did I mention our D is horrendous? Our goal scoring isn't bad though.

Old
01-31-2014, 06:38 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post

Did I mention our D is horrendous? Our goal scoring isn't bad though.
Thanks for the response man, one can only hope Nashville doesn't hold a grudge, maybe your gm can swing something crazy and of course there are other teams with an abundance of D, the peg has big buff, wouldn't be surprised if he could be had for a fair price.

Anyways, after the whole van retooling thing I need a nap lol, good luck to the Flyers on Saturday.

Old
01-31-2014, 08:39 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

just my all oyer the map opinons- i cant believe difference in luke schenn and gustaffson vs him with anybody else so far,looks like different player,really optimistic about that.gustaffson flat out looks good.lecavalier and streit were horrid mistakes,could have gone either way i guess but pretty obvious worst case scenario is happening,both look old and totally ineffective.downie sucks.mason is giving me bryzgalov flashbacks,any confidence i had in beginning that he was going to be solid no.1 is basically gone.couturier looked like he was getting better and now he looks like the awkward bad player he was in stretches last year.now dont kick me in the balls but when ottawa was shopping ben bishop i was quitely hoping for couturier/bishop trade,now iwish they would have.i know lots of people on here would adamantly disagree with that trade but i really dont think mason is going to be the answer and i just think goaltending IS that important .

Old
01-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
just my all oyer the map opinons- i cant believe difference in luke schenn and gustaffson vs him with anybody else so far,looks like different player,really optimistic about that.gustaffson flat out looks good.lecavalier and streit were horrid mistakes,could have gone either way i guess but pretty obvious worst case scenario is happening,both look old and totally ineffective.downie sucks.mason is giving me bryzgalov flashbacks,any confidence i had in beginning that he was going to be solid no.1 is basically gone.couturier looked like he was getting better and now he looks like the awkward bad player he was in stretches last year.now dont kick me in the balls but when ottawa was shopping ben bishop i was quitely hoping for couturier/bishop trade,now iwish they would have.i know lots of people on here would adamantly disagree with that trade but i really dont think mason is going to be the answer and i just think goaltending IS that important .
Well that was a headache to read... needs more spaces and other assorted grammar elements.

Actually, good guy Striiker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
Just my all over the map opinons...

I can't believe difference in Luke Schenn and Gustaffson vs him with anybody else so far, looks like different player, really optimistic about that. Gustaffson flat out looks good.

Lecavalier and Streit were horrid mistakes, could have gone either way I guess, but pretty obvious worst case scenario is happening. Both look old and totally ineffective.

Downie sucks.

Mason is giving me Bryzgalov flashbacks, any confidence I had in beginning that he was going to be solid no.1 is basically gone.

Couturier looked like he was getting better and now he looks like the awkward bad player he was in stretches last year. Now dont kick me in the balls, but when Ottawa was shopping Ben Bishop I was quitely hoping for Couturier/Bishop trade. Now I wish they would have. I know lots of people on here would adamantly disagree with that trade, but I really don't think Mason is going to be the answer and I just think goaltending IS that important.

Last edited by Striiker: 01-31-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old
01-31-2014, 09:04 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Well that was a headache to read... needs more spaces and other assorted grammar elements.

yes,that does look better and would be much easier to read.

Old
01-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post

Yeah, I didn't even bother with that post. I read that 2nd stanza you made for him and was just like "nah".

Old
02-01-2014, 03:34 AM

1-0 defeat upcoming. Carter scores it no doubt. Hope Simmonds has a good game tonight. Has he played in LA since the trade? Hard to remember.

Old
02-01-2014, 06:24 AM

For some reason, i'm buzzing for this one. I think they'll really come out flying after the Ducks defeat. 9pm face-off for us too, great time for it.

Old
02-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Wixztor

Yeah, no, this is a defeat. Whether LA is slumping or not, they're still a very good team at their core and our boys always s**t the bed against upper echelon teams. We see it all the time.

Old
02-01-2014, 08:34 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wixztor View Post
Yeah, no, this is a defeat. Whether LA is slumping or not, they're still a very good team at their core and our boys always s**t the bed against upper echelon teams. We see it all the time.
Unfortunately, this is how I feel. I'm hoping to be proved wrong, however.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:35 AM
bennysflyers16

Getting smoked in the standings, we need 2 pts today. Hope Simmer goes beast and pounds the piss out of a King. I hate the Kings .

Old
02-01-2014, 09:40 AM
flyershockey

Richards and Carter are still two of my favorite players, but I really want a win here.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:41 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

If you guys score 2 you should be fine. The Kings in their last 30 games are averaging 1.6 gp, pretty sad.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:42 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
If you guys score 2 you should be fine. The Kings in their last 30 games are averaging 1.6 gp, pretty sad.
Well you're in luck then. The Flyers have an AHL level defense.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:57 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
AHL defense, backup goalie, dosent seem to matter really.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
1-0 defeat upcoming. Carter scores it no doubt. Hope Simmonds has a good game tonight. Has he played in LA since the trade? Hard to remember.
Nope, he has not, Flyers only played LA once since the trade, and that was in Philly in 11-12.

If Simmonds gets a point tonight he will have points vs every NHL team.

If he scores he will only have Boston to go until he has scored vs every NHL team.

Also if he scores it will be his 100th NHL goal.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:20 AM
SuchySays

so Jeff Carter's probability of scoring tonight is over 100% right?

Old
02-01-2014, 10:33 AM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
the stoppable force meets the moveable object.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Richards and Carter both with goals, with Richards getting the GWG to bust out of his slump.

Just watch.

Old
02-01-2014, 11:10 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
so Jeff Carter's probability of scoring tonight is over 100% right?
Richards has 2 goals in his last 39 games so he's probably a good bet to tally one today.

Old
02-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Hextall4GM

Flyers can so win this game, do it up G.

Old
02-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Flyerfan4life

mason or emery?

Old
02-01-2014, 12:30 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
mason or emery?
No confirmation yet. Afternoon game and no morning skate delays such things.

Old
02-01-2014, 01:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
A game like this, the Flyers might need to make 1 goal stand up.

Old
02-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Nope, he has not, Flyers only played LA once since the trade, and that was in Philly in 11-12.

If Simmonds gets a point tonight he will have points vs every NHL team.

If he scores he will only have Boston to go until he has scored vs every NHL team.

Also if he scores it will be his 100th NHL goal.
that would be cool scoring vs all NHL teams at a young age

Closed Thread