HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Speaking of Fights

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2004, 09:39 PM
  #26
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Believe me, I know my hockey (that includes fights) so don't accuse me of that ever again. Now that we got that straight, are you MacKenzie's brother or something ?? He is a washed up has been, he has been for 5 years. Just because he beat up guys 10 years ago means nothing now. The players are generally tougher these days anyway. MacKenzie in his prime would get cleaned by these guys today. I may underrate him, but everytime I have seen him fight, he loses.
This year, and part of last year he was poor, but 10 years ago? How old do you think this guy is. You more than underrate him, you obviuosly seen very little of him. And he wouldn't get cleaned by these guys today, as the top 10 of the last few years has been VERY poor. Just because you say you konw something about a guy doesn't mean you do.

And while he has been poor recently, he still has his fair share of wins in there, but you wouldn't know because you obviuosly haven't watched much of him. (By the way, before you start calling me a homer, I am not a Nashville or Jim McKenzie fan)

paxtang is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 09:44 PM
  #27
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
It's a valid reason too, country music sucks, but do you know how many babes move here to make it in country music? I hate country music, but love the country music industry.
I hear ya. Almost every woman country music singer is hot. I think it's a pre-requisite.

HellsBells is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 09:47 PM
  #28
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
This year, and part of last year he was poor, but 10 years ago? How old do you think this guy is. You more than underrate him, you obviuosly seen very little of him. And he wouldn't get cleaned by these guys today, as the top 10 of the last few years has been VERY poor. Just because you say you konw something about a guy doesn't mean you do.

And while he has been poor recently, he still has his fair share of wins in there, but you wouldn't know because you obviuosly haven't watched much of him. (By the way, before you start calling me a homer, I am not a Nashville or Jim McKenzie fan)
Never called you a homer. And just because you say you know something about a player does not mean you do either. It works both ways pal.

You like him, I think he's a bad enforcer. Berube was bad in Calgary the last few years, Domi is bad now, the list goes on and on with MacKenzie on that list.

Just nevermind. MacKenzie can easily take Laraque. Are you happy ??

HellsBells is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 09:50 PM
  #29
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Never called you a homer. And just because you say you know something about a player does not mean you do either. It works both ways pal.

You like him, I think he's a bad enforcer. Berube was bad in Calgary the last few years, Domi is bad now, the list goes on and on with MacKenzie on that list.

Just nevermind. MacKenzie can easily take Laraque. Are you happy ??
I don't like McKenzie, I thought he had wasted potential, which is why I put the disclaimer that I am not a fan of his, just an objective poster. You didn't say he sucks now and that he used to be a good fighter, you said he's been a punching bag for years, and that isn't true. Of course fighters start to suck when they've been around a while, they are past their primes, hell Probie was a shell of his former self with Chicago. McKenzie was a very good fighter in his prime. It's just obvious you don't know anythign about him or hockey fights in general.

paxtang is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 10:14 PM
  #30
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I don't like McKenzie, I thought he had wasted potential, which is why I put the disclaimer that I am not a fan of his, just an objective poster. You didn't say he sucks now and that he used to be a good fighter, you said he's been a punching bag for years, and that isn't true. Of course fighters start to suck when they've been around a while, they are past their primes, hell Probie was a shell of his former self with Chicago. McKenzie was a very good fighter in his prime. It's just obvious you don't know anythign about him or hockey fights in general.


And it's also obvious that you can't accept the fact that someone disagrees with you. I don't care what you say, it is my opinion on MacKenzie. You think he was a very good fighter in his prime, I say he was average in his prime and he sucks now. Nobody is right, it's a matter of opinion.

I am going to TELL you again that my hockey knowledge is perfectly fine. Please respect people's opinions because in this case, you are not correct. It's a MATTER OF OPINION !!!

HellsBells is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 11:30 PM
  #31
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
Jim McKenzie a punching bag? Man, better you watch some of his old fights or shut your mouth if you can't watch them...
Anyone that calls Jimmy Mac a punching bag hasnt watched many NHL fights or they are just trolling.

c-carp is offline  
Old
01-30-2004, 11:42 PM
  #32
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield


And it's also obvious that you can't accept the fact that someone disagrees with you. I don't care what you say, it is my opinion on MacKenzie. You think he was a very good fighter in his prime, I say he was average in his prime and he sucks now. Nobody is right, it's a matter of opinion.

I am going to TELL you again that my hockey knowledge is perfectly fine. Please respect people's opinions because in this case, you are not correct. It's a MATTER OF OPINION !!!
O Ok, it's a matter of opinion now. So if someone had the opinion that Probert sucked, and was the worst fighter ever, I guess he's right because it's his opinion and that's all that matters. It's not a matter of opinion, it's not an arguement, McKenzie was a very good fighter in his prime, still isn't a punching bag, and was one of the best at switching hands EVER. You can't make things up, pawn it off as an educated opinion, and then try to school me with it. Saying McKenzie has been a punching bag is one of the most uneducated statments I've ever seen regarding hockey fights, and I'm sure most of the people on this site know that, so I'm not really worried about you're lack of knowledge seeping onto this board. I'll leave it at that, because it's so obvious you don't konw what you are talking about that it's not worth debating it with you.

paxtang is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 12:31 PM
  #33
hillbilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
It's a valid reason too, country music sucks, but do you know how many babes move here to make it in country music? I hate country music, but love the country music industry.
oh ya, well you suck!

hillbilly is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 12:44 PM
  #34
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
oh ya, well you suck!
Must be a transplant.

triggrman is online now  
Old
01-31-2004, 01:11 PM
  #35
hillbilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Must be a transplant.
I don't get it?

hillbilly is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 01:26 PM
  #36
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,970
vCash: 500
Most people born here don't like country music.

triggrman is online now  
Old
01-31-2004, 02:43 PM
  #37
Fantasywonder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Speaking of fights, well not really a fight, but a pretty funny incident nonetheless:

Aaron Downey laying the smakdown on Scott Mellanby, the vocal part:

http://67.71.195.66/~redneck/images/...e%20-%20**.wmv

If the link doesn't work, go to this site: http://67.71.195.66/~redneck/main.html

Scroll down to the Stars/Sens preview to see "Downey at his best", right clock save and enjoy. Pretty funny..


Last edited by Fantasywonder: 01-31-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Fantasywonder is offline  
Old
01-31-2004, 03:45 PM
  #38
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,970
vCash: 500
So Downey wants to do what to Mellanby?

triggrman is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.