HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Speaking of Fights

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2004, 09:39 PM
paxtang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Believe me, I know my hockey (that includes fights) so don't accuse me of that ever again. Now that we got that straight, are you MacKenzie's brother or something ?? He is a washed up has been, he has been for 5 years. Just because he beat up guys 10 years ago means nothing now. The players are generally tougher these days anyway. MacKenzie in his prime would get cleaned by these guys today. I may underrate him, but everytime I have seen him fight, he loses.
This year, and part of last year he was poor, but 10 years ago? How old do you think this guy is. You more than underrate him, you obviuosly seen very little of him. And he wouldn't get cleaned by these guys today, as the top 10 of the last few years has been VERY poor. Just because you say you konw something about a guy doesn't mean you do.

And while he has been poor recently, he still has his fair share of wins in there, but you wouldn't know because you obviuosly haven't watched much of him. (By the way, before you start calling me a homer, I am not a Nashville or Jim McKenzie fan)

Old
01-30-2004, 09:44 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
It's a valid reason too, country music sucks, but do you know how many babes move here to make it in country music? I hate country music, but love the country music industry.
I hear ya. Almost every woman country music singer is hot. I think it's a pre-requisite.

Old
01-30-2004, 09:47 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
This year, and part of last year he was poor, but 10 years ago? How old do you think this guy is. You more than underrate him, you obviuosly seen very little of him. And he wouldn't get cleaned by these guys today, as the top 10 of the last few years has been VERY poor. Just because you say you konw something about a guy doesn't mean you do.

And while he has been poor recently, he still has his fair share of wins in there, but you wouldn't know because you obviuosly haven't watched much of him. (By the way, before you start calling me a homer, I am not a Nashville or Jim McKenzie fan)
Never called you a homer. And just because you say you know something about a player does not mean you do either. It works both ways pal.

You like him, I think he's a bad enforcer. Berube was bad in Calgary the last few years, Domi is bad now, the list goes on and on with MacKenzie on that list.

Just nevermind. MacKenzie can easily take Laraque. Are you happy ??

Old
01-30-2004, 09:50 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Never called you a homer. And just because you say you know something about a player does not mean you do either. It works both ways pal.

You like him, I think he's a bad enforcer. Berube was bad in Calgary the last few years, Domi is bad now, the list goes on and on with MacKenzie on that list.

Just nevermind. MacKenzie can easily take Laraque. Are you happy ??
I don't like McKenzie, I thought he had wasted potential, which is why I put the disclaimer that I am not a fan of his, just an objective poster. You didn't say he sucks now and that he used to be a good fighter, you said he's been a punching bag for years, and that isn't true. Of course fighters start to suck when they've been around a while, they are past their primes, hell Probie was a shell of his former self with Chicago. McKenzie was a very good fighter in his prime. It's just obvious you don't know anythign about him or hockey fights in general.

Old
01-30-2004, 10:14 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I don't like McKenzie, I thought he had wasted potential, which is why I put the disclaimer that I am not a fan of his, just an objective poster. You didn't say he sucks now and that he used to be a good fighter, you said he's been a punching bag for years, and that isn't true. Of course fighters start to suck when they've been around a while, they are past their primes, hell Probie was a shell of his former self with Chicago. McKenzie was a very good fighter in his prime. It's just obvious you don't know anythign about him or hockey fights in general.

And it's also obvious that you can't accept the fact that someone disagrees with you. I don't care what you say, it is my opinion on MacKenzie. You think he was a very good fighter in his prime, I say he was average in his prime and he sucks now. Nobody is right, it's a matter of opinion.

I am going to TELL you again that my hockey knowledge is perfectly fine. Please respect people's opinions because in this case, you are not correct. It's a MATTER OF OPINION !!!

Old
01-30-2004, 11:30 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
Jim McKenzie a punching bag? Man, better you watch some of his old fights or shut your mouth if you can't watch them...
Anyone that calls Jimmy Mac a punching bag hasnt watched many NHL fights or they are just trolling.

Old
01-30-2004, 11:42 PM
paxtang

Quote:

And it's also obvious that you can't accept the fact that someone disagrees with you. I don't care what you say, it is my opinion on MacKenzie. You think he was a very good fighter in his prime, I say he was average in his prime and he sucks now. Nobody is right, it's a matter of opinion.

I am going to TELL you again that my hockey knowledge is perfectly fine. Please respect people's opinions because in this case, you are not correct. It's a MATTER OF OPINION !!!
O Ok, it's a matter of opinion now. So if someone had the opinion that Probert sucked, and was the worst fighter ever, I guess he's right because it's his opinion and that's all that matters. It's not a matter of opinion, it's not an arguement, McKenzie was a very good fighter in his prime, still isn't a punching bag, and was one of the best at switching hands EVER. You can't make things up, pawn it off as an educated opinion, and then try to school me with it. Saying McKenzie has been a punching bag is one of the most uneducated statments I've ever seen regarding hockey fights, and I'm sure most of the people on this site know that, so I'm not really worried about you're lack of knowledge seeping onto this board. I'll leave it at that, because it's so obvious you don't konw what you are talking about that it's not worth debating it with you.

Old
01-31-2004, 12:31 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
It's a valid reason too, country music sucks, but do you know how many babes move here to make it in country music? I hate country music, but love the country music industry.
oh ya, well you suck!

Old
01-31-2004, 12:44 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
oh ya, well you suck!
Must be a transplant.

Old
01-31-2004, 01:11 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Must be a transplant.
I don't get it?

Old
01-31-2004, 01:26 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Most people born here don't like country music.

Old
01-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Fantasywonder

Speaking of fights, well not really a fight, but a pretty funny incident nonetheless:

Aaron Downey laying the smakdown on Scott Mellanby, the vocal part:

http://67.71.195.66/~redneck/images/...e%20-%20**.wmv

If the link doesn't work, go to this site: http://67.71.195.66/~redneck/main.html

Scroll down to the Stars/Sens preview to see "Downey at his best", right clock save and enjoy. Pretty funny..

Last edited by Fantasywonder: 01-31-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old
01-31-2004, 03:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

So Downey wants to do what to Mellanby?

Closed Thread