HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Bye Bye Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2007, 02:35 PM
39ontheline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
I think we all had big hopes before the season starts

but when you think about it...

even if Bertuzzi had played all year, we wouldn't have make playoffs

we were average at best last season with one of the best goalie (and I should say the best)...what can u expect of the team if u trade him?
BEST POST EVER

Old
02-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmo View Post
annoying optimism? how about annoying pessimism?

as ugly as it was last night, it was still one loss. we weren't much better off before the game started yet mogo starts a thread as if it was armageddon.

am i saying we're going to make the playoffs? no, but i think we still have a "chance" - as slim as it may be. we get bertuzzi AND roberts back this week. the team was playing pretty well without them (save last night). adding them would be almost the equivalent of making two huge trades.

we'll see what happens i guess, but i still think theres a chance.
Like many of talked before once the gap hits 10 points it over with. Well it did (ok 9 points right now). We lost to one of the worst teams in the league 7-0! A game we must win if we wanted to make the playoffs. You cant lose these kinda games. Also most of the team in front of us keep losing and we cant use this advantage.

Realisticly to make the playoffs we'd have to go around 22-9 in our last 31 games. I dont see this team doing that. Eddie cant play every game and fatigue could be catching up to him soon and Auld couldnt stop a beach ball. Our captain Jokinen has vanished. If Stumpel doesnt get on the board the Panthers lose.

Old
02-04-2007, 03:41 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Like many of talked before once the gap hits 10 points it over with. Well it did (ok 9 points right now). We lost to one of the worst teams in the league 7-0! A game we must win if we wanted to make the playoffs. You cant lose these kinda games. Also most of the team in front of us keep losing and we cant use this advantage.

Realisticly to make the playoffs we'd have to go around 22-9 in our last 31 games. I dont see this team doing that. Eddie cant play every game and fatigue could be catching up to him soon and Auld couldnt stop a beach ball. Our captain Jokinen has vanished. If Stumpel doesnt get on the board the Panthers lose.
22-9 is possible. likely? nope, but still possible

we would have had to have gone 22-10 before last night. is that any more likely?

point is, last night WAS ugly, but to start a thread like this is just silly. you're just trying to be overly pessimistic, like always. i don't know what the purpose of your posts are but whatever. whatever floats your boat. claiming that "Gelinas, Roberts, Stumpel, Bertuzzi are as good as gone. Coming back? Dead weigth and picks that we cant use to draft a good player." is just proof in the pudding.

Old
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
22-9 is possible. likely? nope, but still possible

we would have had to have gone 22-10 before last night. is that any more likely?

point is, last night WAS ugly, but to start a thread like this is just silly. you're just trying to be overly pessimistic, like always. i don't know what the purpose of your posts are but whatever. whatever floats your boat. claiming that "Gelinas, Roberts, Stumpel, Bertuzzi are as good as gone. Coming back? Dead weigth and picks that we cant use to draft a good player." is just proof in the pudding.

Guess you havent been around for long. That's always what we get at the deadline.

Old
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Guess you havent been around for long. That's always what we get at the deadline.
i've been around just as long if not longer than you; jacques martin has never been our general manager prior deadlines. are you telling me you are assuming a poor return because different general managers made poor moves in the past? nice logic there.

your "end of the world" schtick gets old quickly.

Old
02-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
i've been around just as long if not longer than you; jacques martin has never been our general manager prior deadlines. are you telling me you are assuming a poor return because different general managers made poor moves in the past? nice logic there.

walk away, walk away.. talking to wall

Old
02-04-2007, 04:16 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

Quote:

if your talking about on the forums longer than him... mogo joined 2002.. you 2006, im brand new here tho sos idk

Old
02-04-2007, 04:17 PM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERS OWN YOU View Post
if your talking about on the forums longer than him... mogo joined 2002.. you 2006, im brand new here tho sos idk
lol stay to the side man let them duke it out

Old
02-04-2007, 04:21 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
walk away, walk away.. talking to wall
pot-kettle-black

martin has never been our GM - nothing you can say will refute that. thus, making assumptions on past instances holds no water. you're being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic and quite frankly, it's annoying.

got it? thanks.

Old
02-04-2007, 04:22 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
i've been posting here since 2001 i think. i just decided to give my other tag a breather....

Old
02-04-2007, 04:25 PM
HockeySS19

Quote:
why do people make such a big deal about takin their images
Because it uses up the bandwidth that those people are paying for.

Old
02-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
pot-kettle-black

martin has never been our GM - nothing you can say will refute that. thus, making assumptions on past instances holds no water. you're being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic and quite frankly, it's annoying.

got it? thanks.
I understand what your after. But had you been here over the years and on other panthers boards before that youd be surprised how often many oldies predictions here come true. I bet you wont be saying your wrong at the deadline when we wind up with what I just said. Over the years i've had many arguments over stuff here and most of the time when i've been right the other person in the argument hasnt been man enough to come out and say they were wrong. Untill Martin proves me wrong Im sticking by my opinions on this subject.

Dissapointment year after year.. seeing the team you love only having bad luck/bad karma/no real direction/fleeced year after year gets to you

Old
02-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
i've been posting here since 2001 i think. i just decided to give my other tag a breather....
That's pretty impressive considering I think this board wasnt up in 2001

Old
02-04-2007, 05:01 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
That's pretty impressive considering I think this board wasnt up in 2001

isn't it?

i knew you since 2001/before, smart guy. i posted on the sun-sentinel board as before HF was up. sorry i don't know this websites history thru and thru.

nice response to the topic at hand though.

Old
02-04-2007, 05:06 PM
39ontheline

Quote:

Martin has never been anyone's gm prior to the deadline, this glass half full schtick gets old just as quick for people like mogo and myself

Old
02-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm not offering any city this team, they can't go anywhere anyway, and I'm not at all a fan with ros-colored glasses on, but I'm a fan! I'm not going to give up on anything, I don't like all this and hope things will be getting a lot better here soon, but I don't understand people saying they want to give up this team.

See the Arizona Cardinals true fans, talk about a team that's been through a lot.
This is as far as I've read in this thread, but you are SPOT ON! I would never abandon my team, no matter how bad they suck currently.

Tampa Bay Bucs, anyone? Or better yet-how many years before the Red Sox won the Series??

Let's give JM a chance before we throw the towel in.

Old
02-04-2007, 06:43 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
...and on the seventh day, the Mod rested, and the RANT Thread was born...

Closed Thread