HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade idea: FLA-BOS

Old
02-04-2007, 03:55 PM
PantherBlood6*

vCash: 500
Trade idea: FLA-BOS

was gonna post this on the Trade Rumors board, but since i'm not considered a newbie, i can't.

anyway; here it is.

to Bos: Alex Auld
to Fla: Hannu Toivonen

as bad as Auld has been for us, Toivonen has been worse this year in Boston. both goalies are trainwrecks right now. this is just a simple "change of scenery" type of deal. auld has been terrible here and has a .890 save % and a 3.29 GAA - toivonen has a 4.33 GAA and .869 save % so you can imagine how he has done this season...

that being said, i've always been impressed with Toivonen. he has alot of ability - quick reflexes, quick from post to post and extremely athletic (he looks like a freak at times with the way he can stretch in goal...). he has had alot of problems though with his technique and confidence. it would make alot of sense for us though since Toivonen is younger and cheaper; it would allow us to pencil him in as a backup (or even give him a full year in the AHL if he continues to struggle as badly as he has this year) and acquire a more established netminder for the next few years.....or even keep belfour if need be (although that wouldn't be my first choice). he's still only 22 - extremely young for a goalie. things may not be looking good for him right now but you never know in a couple of years. fellow-finn Kiprusoff didn't look too good in his first few years in San Jose....

auld would give the bruins a more "now" type of goalie if he can straighten himself out. they have tuuka rask in their system to toivonen's age isn't that big of a deal considering his recent struggles. rask looks to be the future whether or not toivonen gets his head on straight. if auld can play better he could make a decent tandem with thomas for next season until rask is ready to take over full time. i'm assuming they want to give him a year in the A.

thoughts?

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 04:03 PM
samsdad

As a Bruins fan, let me say - no thanks. Hannu has a huge upside...Auld...doesnt. IF Hannu was going to get moved, I imagine it would be to address our biggest need - scoring. The only way this deal could happen would be as part of a bigger deal - Horton coming our way...A straight up trade is a pretty lateral move, which doesnt help either of these teams, since it looks unlikely either makes the playoffs.

samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 04:14 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

as a panthers fan, lemme say no thanks too. as much as alex auld sucks ass atleast he used to be good. hannu has no name to defend like alex does, or rather did.

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsdad View Post
As a Bruins fan, let me say - no thanks. Hannu has a huge upside...Auld...doesnt. IF Hannu was going to get moved, I imagine it would be to address our biggest need - scoring. The only way this deal could happen would be as part of a bigger deal - Horton coming our way...A straight up trade is a pretty lateral move, which doesnt help either of these teams, since it looks unlikely either makes the playoffs.
toivonen may have upside but he has yet to show much of it at this level and that is all that really matters. he played well last year but it was only for a handful of games and that doesn't hold much water considering what hes doing this year. horton is a proven scorer that is 21 years old. toivonen would be nothing but a throw in in a deal for a guy like horton.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 05:33 PM
39ontheline

As a panther fan Id take this and run, has anyone seen Alex Auld, Id trade him for my cat.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 07:47 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

just cuz it rids of alex doesnt mean it makes anything better. i have a great idea. you guys can have alex, for free!

Old
02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Boston_Bruins

no

Boston_Bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

hah, see nobody wants alex. its like negative credit for negative credit, the problem is we dont know who is worth less credit, id rate alex a -10 though.

Old
02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
39ontheline

Hannu is very talented and has a big upside. Auld is a complete failure. I wonder who id rather have

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:38 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

I would take it, but I doubt Boston would.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote