HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v7

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
time to trade with LA. what do they want for clifford and Nolan?

Old
02-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
time to trade with LA. what do they want for clifford and Nolan?
35 shots and no goals. Wowzers, at least if they got Bourque the shot totals would go down and not look so bad since he can't hit the net!

Old
02-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Armchair GM time!

1st of all i would sign PK Subban to a 7 years/60M deal. Haters gonna hate.

Drew Stafford

Daniel Briere
Louis Leblanc*

Both Briere and Stafford will make 4M next year. Briere wont get a chance on the top lines here and we need right wingers. It could work 1 for 1 if not we throw Leblanc in there, maybe a change of air could help him and a rebuilding team like Buffalo might be looking for youth. *If they dont want LB give em Thomas or Nygren whatever.

Alex Burrows

Rene Bourque
Raphael Diaz

Burrows has negative value like Bourque right now but still is a bit more valuable imo. We give em Diaz to upgrade their D (Weber is playing for them and Diaz is 3X better)

Brian Gionta
Draft pick**

Kyle Clifford

Kings need offence badly and are thin on the wings. His size is not an issue as all their players are ****ing huge. **If they wont do it 1-for-1 we can add a lower rounds pick. Or a farm player like Dumont, Ellis.

Travis Moen

Highest draft pick possible

Moen is a proven winner in Anaheim and did very well in the playoffs for MTL. He should have a good value for a contender looking for depth.

Then id sit down with Markov and try to sign him before the deadline. If a deal cant be reached move him for youth/1st rounders.

I would deal DD but i know MB wont even consider it so im not even gonna armchairGM trade him.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Burrows
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bournival-Eller-Stafford
Clifford-White-Prust

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Burrows
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Stafford
Clifford-White-Prust

Old
02-01-2014, 07:48 PM
TT1

-subban, gorges for ror, ej, mcginn
-something around plekanec for wheeler
-markov for david savard+
-trade bourque, diaz, bouillon, gionta or briere for picks

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
ROR-Eller-Wheeler
McGinn-DD (eventually Bournival)-Briere/Gionta
Prust-White-Moen
Parros

Emelin - EJ
Beaulieu - Savard
Tinordi - Murray (eventually Pateryn)

young LU that would get us into the playoffs right away and would eventually make us perennial contenders (2-3 years)

Last edited by TT1: 02-01-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old
02-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

Alex Burrows

Rene Bourque
Raphael Diaz

Brian Gionta
Draft pick**

Kyle Clifford
Don't want Burrows. Kings want absolutely nothing to do with Gionta.

Old
02-01-2014, 08:23 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Trading Block:
Brian Gionta
Rene Bourque
Daniel Briere
Raphael Diaz

I would look into the idea of acquiring both Dainius Zubrus and Jaromir Jagr from the Devils.

Trade Bourque + Diaz or young players (Leblanc, Thomas) to COL for Parenteau.

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - PA Parenteau
Dainius Zubrus - Tomas Plekanec - Jaromir Jagr
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Travis Moen - Brandon Prust - Michael Bournival

PK Subban - Nathan Beaulieu
Doug Murray - Josh Gorges
Andrei Markov - Alexei Emelin

Old
02-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Talik Sanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post

Emelin - EJ
Beaulieu - Savard
Tinordi - Murray (eventually Pateryn)

young LU that would get us into the playoffs right away and would eventually make us perennial contenders (2-3 years)
That defensive core would make us a bottom five team in the NHL, a position at which we would remain for the next several years, barring some massive free agent acquisitions and, as a result, massive over-payments. Likely the worst defensive core in the league. Edmonton level stuff.

So far this year, Emelin has not been a top four defenseman, let alone a first pairing one, and the bottom pairing has no ability to get the puck out of our zone.

As for the second pairing, much as I enjoy watching him skate, Beaulieu is years away from being a top four defenseman who can take even semi-difficult match-ups, if indeed he ever becomes one (not every defenseman is PK Subban in terms of development; it takes years for most of them to reach their potential), and Savard... quite frankly sucks. An abnormally high on-Ice Save percentage has prevented him from being exposed to the casual observer as a defensive liability who bleeds shots against.

Kekalainen does, however, seem like the kind of insightful, progressive GM who would take advantage of MB to steal Markov for a pittance like "Savard+".

Old
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Habs

I see Hab fans are still convinced our garbage will fetched great players.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
S Bah

The Habs have a surplus of defensive help that they can use to trade for late 1st round picks. This follows their direction of building through the draft, even though the 2014 Entry Draft is considered weak, having choices in the 1st round gives Timmins better options than choosing at the tailend of each round.

The possibilities of drafting two-way type forwards in the latter part of the 2014 draft as well as defensive Dmen, is probably the best reason to trade for picks. Trading for help in the playoffs should be only for players that can be used going forward, not rental players that cost the team draft choices or prospects.

Bergevin has tradable assets that can be converted into 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft choices, that can be future grinding, PKers and checking forwards. These are the depth players needed for long playoff runs, the type of players the Habs desperately need to augment their offensive Top Six.

All of their prospects play on the bottom six in their first 2-3 seasons, unless they gain experience in the AHL before being brought up to the NHL. The more quality in the system (1st, 2nd & 3rd rounders) the faster will their development and competition amongst them being best for the learning process.

The Habs have lots of playmakers and snipers from the last two drafts. Concentrating on top level grinding types of forwards like Lemieux, Chatham, Bleackley with late 1st round and early 2nd round picks is smart. Where gambling these picks on players with slick talents but questionable work habits and two-way play that usually bust is a waste.

The Habs have one pick per round this season, not nearly enough to keep building the depth necessary for a SC contender in the near future. This should be considered equally with playoff experience, IMHO and never neglected as it was during the Gainey and Gauthier years.

Trading away for players like Clifford is a good thought only if it does not deplete other areas. Dealing from strength is important and the Habs are still building that type of depth, that LA, Chi, St Louis, Pitts and others took years to amass.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Habsawce

Guys imagine this just for a second:

Close your eyes ....... are they closed? Ok good, now picture in your head Marc Bergevin sitting in his office with his phone to his ear talking to another GM.

Alright, now he's not talking to a sponsor about doing another commercial, he's actually talking to a GM .... keep your eyes closed ...... don't pinch yourself this is just hypothetical and you're not sleeping.

Ok, ok now Marc is talking to another GM and he's just made a trade that doesn't involve minor league players that will barely get a cup of coffee in the NHL. I know, crazy now shhhh ..... keep your eyes closed.

OK the deal is finalized and he's made a trade that changes the make up of the team and helped out offensively .... ok, open your eyes. How do you feel? I know right, pretty cool to have a GM, even if just in your imagination that had enough time between making commercials, buying suits and gelling his hair to make a trade to improve the hockey team.

Alright, back to your day now.

In all seriousness though, he needs to do something about this offense. Earn your ****ing paycheque.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
gusfring

If there are any massive changes and we still end up with DD in our top 6, we are still in trouble.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
If there are any massive changes and we still end up with DD in our top 6, we are still in trouble.
Could always forget him at the airport.

Old
02-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I see Hab fans are still convinced our garbage will fetched great players.
You're expecting it to change ?

Old
02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
You're expecting it to change ?
I think the only reasonable trade proposal I've seen is the Bourque(33% retained)+markov for Clifford/Nolan and Toffoli. Other than that the other trades proposals are silly.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
I think the only reasonable trade proposal I've seen is the Bourque(33% retained)+markov for Clifford/Nolan and Toffoli. Other than that the other trades proposals are silly.
That's not reasonable. I highly doubt the Kings are moving Toffoli for an enigmatic winger and a UFA dman. Not only that, Markov isn't very good in the playoffs.

The habs could very well acquire either Clifford, or Nolan, but not Toffoli. Well, not at the price we'd pay.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
That's not reasonable. I highly doubt the Kings are moving Toffoli for an enigmatic winger and a UFA dman. Not only that, Markov isn't very good in the playoffs.

The habs could very well acquire either Clifford, or Nolan, but not Toffoli. Well, not at the price we'd pay.
I don't know what to say then.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:08 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

Close your eyes ....... are they closed? Ok good, now picture in your head Marc Bergevin sitting in his office with his phone to his ear talking to another GM.

Alright, now he's not talking to a sponsor about doing another commercial, he's actually talking to a GM .... keep your eyes closed ...... don't pinch yourself this is just hypothetical and you're not sleeping.

Ok, ok now Marc is talking to another GM and he's just made a trade that doesn't involve minor league players that will barely get a cup of coffee in the NHL. I know, crazy now shhhh ..... keep your eyes closed.

OK the deal is finalized and he's made a trade that changes the make up of the team and helped out offensively .... ok, open your eyes. How do you feel? I know right, pretty cool to have a GM, even if just in your imagination that had enough time between making commercials, buying suits and gelling his hair to make a trade to improve the hockey team.

In all seriousness though, he needs to do something about this offense. Earn your ****ing paycheque.

Agreed. Habs can't hold a playoff spot for long. Leafs coming on and others

So MB earn your money and quit spending it on suits.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
To

LW/RW Rene Bourque (33% Salary Retained)
D Andrei Markov

To
RW Tyler Toffoli
LW Kyle Clifford or LW Jordan Nolan

...yeah, I know, noone wants to trade Markov...I'd do this, play Beaulieu in Markov's spot for now and start playing Diaz...
Is Toffoli worth Markov?

They thought he could ply top 9 but he was doing nothing and they sent him down...

Old
02-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

His paycheque will be earned by building a powerhouse in 2-3 years not trading assets for a quick fix.

I have no problem with a "shake up trade" like Bourque-Parenteau or Briere-Stafford, but keep the picks and prospects out of it.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

If I were GM I would do this:
Fire Therrien, hire Boucher.
Trade Markov to a contender for a 1st round pick. Trade Gorges for McGinn
Trade Bourque/Diaz for ANYTHING. Same thing applies to Desharnais.
Let go of Gionta.
Re-sign Subban to a 8 year contract worth 7.6 million.
Sign Kulemin (3 years at 3.3 million), Callahan (5 years at 5.75 million) and Greene at (3 years 12 million).

Nikolai Kulemin - Tomas Plekanec - Ryan Callahan
Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Jamie McGinn - Lars Eller - Daniel Briere
Brandon Prust - Ryan White/Michael Bournival - Travis Moen

Alexei Emelin - PK Subban
Nathan Beaulieu - Matt Greene
Jared Tinordi - Greg Pateryn
Davis Drewiske

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

STANLEY CUP!

Old
02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
His paycheque will be earned by building a powerhouse in 2-3 years not trading assets for a quick fix.

I have no problem with a "shake up trade" like Bourque-Parenteau or Briere-Stafford, but keep the picks and prospects out of it.
Agreed don't give the farm but beefing up is not a bad option

Old
02-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Even with Markov being a UFA he would still bring back a lot. Look at what Kaberle cost, markov should bring back 50% more.

I don't see us moving markov without a very big return. Only other possibility would be something like Fasching Zykov plus a 1st, but I get a feeling the Habs are not high on Zykov.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

If Markov is going to LA, I want Voynov coming back. Voynov and King would be nice.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
If I were GM I would do this:
Fire Therrien, hire Boucher.
Trade Markov to a contender for a 1st round pick. Trade Gorges for McGinn
Trade Bourque/Diaz for ANYTHING. Same thing applies to Desharnais.
Let go of Gionta.
Re-sign Subban to a 8 year contract worth 7.6 million.
Sign Kulemin (3 years at 3.3 million), Callahan (5 years at 5.75 million) and Greene at (3 years 12 million).

Nikolai Kulemin - Tomas Plekanec - Ryan Callahan
Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher
Jamie McGinn - Lars Eller - Daniel Briere
Brandon Prust - Ryan White/Michael Bournival - Travis Moen

Alexei Emelin - PK Subban
Nathan Beaulieu - Matt Greene
Jared Tinordi - Greg Pateryn
Davis Drewiske

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

STANLEY CUP!
That team is worse than what we have now. Defense is brutal. Plus we get an albatross Clarkson like contract for Callahan plus a 3rd liner on the 1st line in Kulemin.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Agreed don't give the farm but beefing up is not a bad option
Trade everythign

In all seriousness, I agree they shouldn't be trading picks and prospects but I wouldn't have a problem packaging one of our mid-level prospects with a vet to get some offensive help back. It's not going to kill the future as the future is Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Subban and Price. If the other players you have can get you another certain core piece then you do it but other than that some sort of shake up sending out a vet should be done to send a message if nothign else.

Gorges, Markov, Gionta, Briere, Diaz - take your pick really.

Closed Thread