HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v7

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
If Markov is going to LA, I want Voynov coming back. Voynov and King would be nice.
lol they're not giving up Voynov he's a vital piece for them.

I think realistically they like Toffoli a lot and he has a load of upside but the Kings have been know to move out young forward pieces for veteran help. I think if MTL could move Markov & something else for Toffoli and Nolan it would be a great idea.

Losing the General sucks, but we can turn the page onto the future of the club and get a really nice piece back and some help on the bottom 6.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
That team is worse than what we have now. Defense is brutal. Plus we get an albatross Clarkson like contract for Callahan plus a 3rd liner on the 1st line in Kulemin.
Callahan is a 50-55 pts and one of the best two play players in the league. 5.75 million 5 years from now won't be that much. Kulemin is not a third liner BTW. That line would easily be one of the toughest lines to play against in the league. I'm not gonna lie that defense isn't the greatest but we have to start giving the kids a chance at one point. That group of forwards is A LOT better though.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:29 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Callahan is a 50-55 pts and one of the best two play players in the league. 5.75 million 5 years from now won't be that much. Kulemin is not a third liner BTW. That line would easily be one of the toughest lines to play against in the league. I'm not gonna lie that defense isn't the greatest but we have to start giving the kids a chance at one point. That group of forwards is A LOT better though.
Callahan is looking for 7 million a year over 7 years. Not 5.75 X 5 years. He would also cost quite a bit to acquire and wouldn't make our team into a contender.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:31 PM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Callahan is looking for 7 million a year over 7 years. Not 5.75 X 5 years. He would also cost quite a bit to acquire and wouldn't make our team into a contender.
I read he's wanting in the 6 million range.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:33 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddFX View Post
I read he's wanting in the 6 million range.
Yea you are right.

"One of those teams with a vested interest in the March trade deadline is the New York Rangers. Their captain, Ryan Callahan, is a pending unrestricted free agent, who's reportedly looking for $42 million over six years. That's a raise over his current $4.825 million salary this season and a longer commitment than what GM Glen Sather has in mind."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1806--nhl.html

EDIT: Actually did have my math right its $7M X 6yrs. Wasn't trying to be a dick

Old
02-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He's already hurt all the time, 48 games missed in a bit more than 3 seasons. The game he plays he will only break down more and more at his size. He has ONE year above 50 points, that's not a 50-55 point player. More like a 45 point guy, excellent player to have a 4-4.5 not at 5.5-6 mil.

Those forwards are not a lot better, Callahan brings a bit more than Gionta brings now.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Habsawce

delete

Old
02-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yea you are right.

"One of those teams with a vested interest in the March trade deadline is the New York Rangers. Their captain, Ryan Callahan, is a pending unrestricted free agent, who's reportedly looking for $42 million over six years. That's a raise over his current $4.825 million salary this season and a longer commitment than what GM Glen Sather has in mind."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1806--nhl.html
That's 7 mil per year for a 45 point a year guy...wow!

Old
02-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
He's already hurt all the time, 48 games missed in a bit more than 3 seasons. The game he plays he will only break down more and more at his size. He has ONE year above 50 points, that's not a 50-55 point player. More like a 45 point guy, excellent player to have a 4-4.5 not at 5.5-6 mil.

Those forwards are not a lot better, Callahan brings a bit more than Gionta brings now.
48 games is not that many games in the span of 3+ seasons... Look at how much time Gionta has missed since being with us. Yeah he has one actual 50 pts year but last year he would have easily hit that mark and in 2010-11 he had 48 in 60 games... Replacing Bourque with McGinn is an upgrade. Replacing Gionta with Callahan is a BIG upgrade. Having Galchenyuk play his natural position and a real checking line that can score goals.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:40 PM
CPrice

Quote:
But those intangibles!

Old
Jrham15

Quote:
I bet the leafs would pay it.

Old
Habsawce

Quote:
Clarkson got 5.25 for his 14 points so why not?

Seirously though, players like Callahan should get 3.5. Enough with this overpaying for shot blocking, if he had the puck he wouldn't need to shot block. I'm so tired of ****ing shot blocking.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
CPrice

Quote:
48 games is not that many games in the span of 3+ seasons... Look at how much time Gionta has missed since being with us. Yeah he has one actual 50 pts year but last year he would have easily hit that mark and in 2010-11 he had 48 in 60 games... Replacing Bourque with McGinn is an upgrade. Replacing Gionta with Callahan is a BIG upgrade. Having Galchenyuk play his natural position and a real checking line that can score goals.
Callahan won't make this team that much better. Especially at the salary and term he is commanding. McGinn is a big upgrade over Bourque, which is why a 1 for 1 trade won't happen.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
rockjngo

Callahan is faster and 3 inches taller than Gionta. Think Gallagher size but better skater.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Callahan is faster and 3 inches taller than Gionta. Think Gallagher size but better skater.
He's overrated because he dives in front of pucks and wears the C. He's just not worth over 5 million, no way no how.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Callahan won't make this team that much better. Especially at the salary and term he is commanding. McGinn is a big upgrade over Bourque, which is why a 1 for 1 trade won't happen.
I don't know if you looked at my post, I never wrote Bourque for McGinn, I wrote Gorges for McGinn.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
He's overrated because he dives in front of pucks and wears the C. He's just not worth over 5 million, no way no how.
Yeah and he can score 25 goals a year, he hits any chance he gets, he can play against other team's top players and he's a leader. But yeah he's only good to block shots...

Old
02-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Jrham15

Quote:
So he does what josh gorges does and has was some people think gorges should have in the C. Hmmm

Old
02-01-2014, 10:46 PM
CPrice

Team needs to continue to retool, don't trade for aging vets or those on expensive contracts. This has been the Toronto and Calgary model for years and both recently realized the importance of retooling and developing players within. Picks and prospects should not be traded unless the team is either a) ready to contend b) significantly improves the team for a relatively low cost.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Yeah and he can score 25 goals a year, he hits any chance he gets, he can play against other team's top players and he's a leader. But yeah he's only good to block shots...
There are a lot of heart and soul players out there who can chip in 25 goals on good years. Doesn't mean they should be making 6-7 million a year. It's a ridiculous amount of money for what he does, he's essentially Brendan Gallagher with a couple more years experience. Should Gally be making 7 million on his next contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
So he does what josh gorges does and has was some people think gorges should have in the C. Hmmm
Gorges is awful and shouldn't even have an A, he should just **** off.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
There are a lot of heart and soul players out there who can chip in 25 goals on good years. Doesn't mean they should be making 6-7 million a year. It's a ridiculous amount of money for what he does, he's essentially Brendan Gallagher with a couple more years experience. Should Gally be making 7 million on his next contract?

Gorges is awful and shouldn't even have an A, he should just **** off.
How many players can you name that do it year in year out who bring the same elements? Anyway I obviously wouldn't give him 7 million. I wrote 5.75/5 year in my post earlier, max I'd go would be 6.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:56 PM
CPrice

Quote:
How many players can you name that do it year in year out who bring the same elements? Anyway I obviously wouldn't give him 7 million. I wrote 5.75/5 year in my post earlier, max I'd go would be 6.
Yeah will never happen though. How many players come to Montreal and take a discount on top of it all.

Old
02-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Yeah will never happen though. How many players come to Montreal and take a discount on top of it all.
Didn't Cammalleri have better offers on the table when he signed here?

Old
02-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
6 million no thanks. That's how muhc Taylor Hall and Matt Duchene make, no way Callahan is comparable to them.

He's comparable to Dustin Brown, who is probably a better hockey player and much more physical along with having a ring. He makes 3.175 which is a bargain deal because of the long term, but I can't see why Callahan should make 2+ million more than him.

Old
02-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Didn't Cammalleri have better offers on the table when he signed here?
No, Toronto offered him 5.5 I think and MTL topped it with 6.

Closed Thread