HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

February 2nd 2014 Game of Canadiens vs Jets @ 1 PM on CBC,RDS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2014, 11:20 AM
  #26
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
The hopeless jets are much better under Maurice, hint hint Bergevin, not hopeful about this one, 3-1 jets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Code View Post
We're so gonna lose

Great GDT tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Jets can blow us out with how they are playing and how we are playing.

The best part of losing is seeing therrien's stressed facial expressions behind the bench...

Gives me hope we find a replacement sooner than later.
Sorry to burst your bubbles of negativity and pessimism, but the Habs will take this one.

JohnnyB11 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:27 AM
  #27
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubbles of negativity and pessimism, but the Habs will take this one.
Yup, we seem to have Winnipeg's number so far, especially Pavelec's one! But, they're due for a win against us so we never know, and we're slumping, and DD suck, so does our PP, and we scores on ourselves, and we have coaching issues, ...

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:32 AM
  #28
Runner77
Drone Boning
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,718
vCash: 500
Hoping for a Habs win, but if not, a lot of us may be doing some amateur TV scouting on those Jets that have been rumored as Habs trade targets.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:39 AM
  #29
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 880
Wow it seems every opposing team GDT is filled with sunshine and joy lately. You should've seen the Canucks GDT two days ago.

Anyways hoping for a nice clean game, our boys are gonna be hungry. Don't undress Pavelec again please.

allan5oh is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:45 AM
  #30
Jrham15
Registered User
 
Jrham15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
So Briere has three points in his last two games with a FO% of .900 and averaging about 8min of icetime with some of our worst wingers.

Meanwhile, DD the Mysterious Undrafted Midget took his last ten games to equal that goal production, playing with our best wingers and on the first PP unit. 21:27min of icetime last game.

Sadly today, expect Therrien to once again give DD the best wingers and matchups and first PP duties, because doing the same thing over and over while stubbornly expecting different results is just what a knucklehead does.



Not an easy time to be a Habs fan
I would love to have briere just for one shift with patch and Gallagher I think just once to see.

Jrham15 is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:46 AM
  #31
Jrham15
Registered User
 
Jrham15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierPsyCHiatrist View Post
Yup, we seem to have Winnipeg's number so far, especially Pavelec's one! But, they're due for a win against us so we never know, and we're slumping, and DD suck, so does our PP, and we scores on ourselves, and we have coaching issues, ...
Pavelec is garbage just saying I think every team has his number

Jrham15 is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 11:57 AM
  #32
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
Pavelec is garbage just saying I think every team has his number
He's actually a pretty good goalie who has a bad case of the weakgoalitis once in a while. If you remember not to long ago Price used to have that as well.

Habsawce is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:00 PM
  #33
HABSonaroll
Registered User
 
HABSonaroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Nice GDT Hope Subban is awake today - playing to loosy goosy of late - got to much hip hop on the brain

HABSonaroll is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:03 PM
  #34
Jrham15
Registered User
 
Jrham15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
He's actually a pretty good goalie who has a bad case of the weakgoalitis once in a while. If you remember not to long ago Price used to have that as well.
Montoya is better

Jrham15 is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:06 PM
  #35
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Trouba is gonna score for me today.
I have him to , in my yahoo draft

sampollock is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:09 PM
  #36
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
Montoya is better
Montoya is an average back up goalie and Pavelec is an Olympian. I don't see it

It's better to not look at the numbers and look at how he plays the game, how he reads plays and how he reacts to the puck. He's actually a really good goalie in my eyes who is starting to figure it out and the team in front of him is improving drastically.

I don't think the Jets need a new goalie, I actually really like their team going forward and think they're much further ahead than the Oilers in their development as a team.

Habsawce is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:10 PM
  #37
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oshawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 351
Just remembered that Flyers fans were saying how much better Briere is in the second half of the season

StellerEller is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:14 PM
  #38
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Just remembered that Flyers fans were saying how much better Briere is in the second half of the season
I bet he's better in the 2nd half of games as well, too bad he never sees the ice in the 2nd half.

Habsawce is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
  #39
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
The kid is alright!
 
JC Numminen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westman
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 50
Jets fan here in peace. Awesome GDT!

This will be a great game. You guys always seem to have our number

Montoya is confirmed as our started today by the way, so maybe we have a chance

JC Numminen is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:17 PM
  #40
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
Jets fan here in peace. Awesome GDT!

This will be a great game. You guys always seem to have our number

Montoya is confirmed as our started today by the way, so maybe we have a chance
Good luck to your boys as well, may they lose gracefully 10-0!

Habsawce is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:23 PM
  #41
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 10,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Good luck to your boys as well, may they lose gracefully 10-0!
Brière with the 10 goals, DD to play 25 minutes?

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:30 PM
  #42
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Brière with the 10 goals, DD to play 25 minutes?
DD logs 31 minutes and Briere with 8 minutes. 10 goals for Briere still though, but they'd have to come in the first half the game because he doesn't see the ice in the 2nd half!

Habsawce is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:36 PM
  #43
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
... Sadly today, expect Therrien to once again give DD the best wingers and matchups and first PP duties, because doing the same thing over and over while stubbornly expecting different results is just what a knucklehead does..
I guess Therrien is trying to prove Einstein wrong. Since I managed to use 'Therrien' and 'Einstein' in the same sentence do I win something?

With that being said, great GDT and...

GO HABS GO!

roy munson is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:37 PM
  #44
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,441
vCash: 500
Hopefully better than yesterdays snoozer. Being at the game....the crowd was quiet. The only time they woke up was when Bishop touched the puck.

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:38 PM
  #45
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith
 
Thesaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Cosmos
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Montoya is an average back up goalie and Pavelec is an Olympian. I don't see it

It's better to not look at the numbers and look at how he plays the game, how he reads plays and how he reacts to the puck. He's actually a really good goalie in my eyes who is starting to figure it out and the team in front of him is improving drastically.

I don't think the Jets need a new goalie, I actually really like their team going forward and think they're much further ahead than the Oilers in their development as a team.
Pavelec is a terrible goalie who reacts poorly to the puck and has terrible rebound control. He's an Olympian because there's not very many good Czech goalies and if you go look on the Jets board the majority support Montoya over Pavelec.

Thesaurus is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:38 PM
  #46
Runner77
Drone Boning
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,718
vCash: 500
Yup, great GDT yet again. Props.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:44 PM
  #47
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,530
vCash: 500
Is Tinordi ripe for a callup in the near future?

Mathradio is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:45 PM
  #48
peate
Good grief!
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,618
vCash: 500
Fine artwork on the GDT once again. We are spoiled.

Which Habs team shows up today? The grinders or the skaters?

Might get ugly real fast if Jets score first.

Go Broncos just in case.

#FireTherrien

peate is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:47 PM
  #49
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
I love the NFL, I truly do... but it doesn't have it's place on HOCKEY360. Get outta here, Proulx!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 12:48 PM
  #50
Haaabs
Registered User
 
Haaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
I would love to have briere just for one shift with patch and Gallagher I think just once to see.
They had a shift together vs Boston when DD took a penalty... Briere scored.

Haaabs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.