HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT February 3: Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30p MSG2

Old
02-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Lundqvist didn't even see the puck until it passed him. Not really sure what he could've done on that. I agree about his struggles this season, but in the past month, he's struggled little. Lately his mechanics and positioning seem to be pretty good, which is a good sign.
Make no mistake, don't think the guy should be dragged out to the street and shot.

Somehow saying that you believe he should've had two of those shots get twisted into blaming everything on the goalie.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Make no mistake, don't think the guy should be dragged out to the street and shot.

Somehow saying that you believe he should've had two of those shots get twisted into blaming everything on the goalie.
I agree he should had the Lecavalier goal, to me that was a softie, but theres no way youll convince me he shoulda had the Ranger goal, for the reasons i listed before i simply can not blame him for it. and NO i wouldnt blame Weekes for a shot like that, feel free to look up my posting history, but if you read my posts at all, youll find I tend to defend Weekes more than crucify him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I agree he should had the Lecavalier goal, to me that was a softie, but theres no way youll convince me he shoulda had the Ranger goal, for the reasons i listed before i simply can not blame him for it. and NO i wouldnt blame Weekes for a shot like that, feel free to look up my posting history, but if you read my posts at all, youll find I tend to defend Weekes more than crucify him.
Wasn't calling you out on Weekes, was referring to the board in general. They'd never let me call the people out I want, believe me I've asked

And we agree to disagree on the Ranger shot. If it gets deflected or somehow gets roofed that's one thing but a back-hander from 15-feet out through the 5-hole is not a goal I like to see go in.

Doesn't mean I think Lundqvist is the reason we lost the game, but I also can't help but feel that he normally has that one. Obviously, at the end of the day, crap happens. If anything it's a testament to my expectations of Lundqvist.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Fletch

Yeah, I noticed, Edge...

I was mostly commenting on the one goal you thought he should have and I thought was a tough one. And as I mentioned, I do agree about the level of soft goals, but for me, I really only care about the amount of goals that go in, soft or difficult. If he's going to give up one goal every game for 10 games and it's soft, I'm not going to be too upset, for the most part. I'm just happy that his mechanics seem back and he's back in the game, which would've seemed to have come at a good time, but the Rangers forgot how to score.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:10 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Brodeur "whines" about things which affect all-goalies. He is their official representative and has a seat on the rules committee. A committee which has NHL players on it and was not possible in the old-NHL. Goalies (including your Lundqvist) send him their thoughts on certain rules and he brings them up. Many of which are reasonable.

So I'd appreciate if blanket statements like that were avoided.
Dude you're like the Devil Forum Police. Anytime anything is said about the Devils on any forum you come to the defense. Lots of free time?

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
Dude you're like the Devil Forum Police. Anytime anything is said about the Devils on any forum you come to the defense. Lots of free time?
And he's been a respectful contributor despite being behind enemy lines. Let DF-RU defend his team all he wants. He's still better than most of the people that post HERE.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
And he's been a respectful contributor despite being behind enemy lines. Let DF-RU defend his team all he wants. He's still better than most of the people that post HERE.
Agreed, I dont think i've ever heard him come on here and bash the Rangers or fans unjustly.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:50 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I have no problem with what he said, and I agree his act beats a lot of the 'fans' that post here. Not sure about 'most', but certainly a lot.

Just commenting that he posts in every forum on this board whenever the Devils are mentioned. Especially when it's mentioned that the Devils are boring. I admire his diligence.

Gotta support THE TEAM!

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
I have no problem with what he said, and I agree his act beats a lot of the 'fans' that post here. Not sure about 'most', but certainly a lot.

Just commenting that he posts in every forum on this board whenever the Devils are mentioned. Especially when it's mentioned that the Devils are boring. I admire his diligence.

Gotta support THE TEAM!
I know. It was more a tip of the hat to him, than a counter-argument against you. He's earned my respect, he can defend his team tooth and nail where ever he wants as far as I'm concerned. Again, not directed at you.

Wish I had something to defend when it came to the Rangers. But when a rival says we suck, all I can do is shake me head and agree.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote