HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames (2/3/07)

Old
02-04-2007, 01:14 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Exciting game guys. Congratulations on the win, and the division title (for now.) We played a pretty bad 2nd period, and you guys capatalized, so kudos for that. Huselius really seems to be on a roll right now, I can see that Iguinla and Conroy are starting to re-form some chemistry. The ending to the game was pretty wild, and I have to say, I was smacking my head after one of the Sedins missed the open net. Overall this was an exciting game, and I look forward to the next one.

Once again congratulations on taking the lead for the division title, although I don't think it'll last, so enjoy it while you can!!!

Thanks man.

And for all you Canucks fans that came in here trying to troll, a big **** you to you tonight. The Flames had an answer for Luongo tonight, even with a tired Kiprusoff.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:16 AM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
The Flames had an answer for Luongo tonight.
Actually the Canucks did: Terrible defensive play.

02-04-2007, 01:19 AM
Flames4EVER

Yeah yeah, i bet you all in party mode in the 1st period when the cansux were up 2-0...dumb ass cansux fans....

Flames4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Andre Boudrias

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Näzzy View Post
Actually the Canucks did: Terrible defensive play.
Bingo!

Andre Boudrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Flames4EVER

Quote:
"They are the New Jersey of the west - they trap you to death." - Bryan Murray
Is that a quote about the Oilers or Cansux?

Flames4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Andre Boudrias

Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames4EVER View Post
Is that a quote about the Oilers or Cansux?
it's just a quote from Bryan Murray - ottawa senators head coach.

I thought it was a funny thing to say about the canucks.

Andre Boudrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:46 AM
abracanada

There were times when they really started trapping tonight too. The Flames fought through it though. It wins hockey games. Thing I have to question though, is will they be able to maintain the intensity all the way through.

What I like about the Flames, is that they do play a good defensive game, pretty much as good as the Nucks, and they also have a hell of a lot more scoring punch. Properly coached, and these two teams should not be that close.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 02:05 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I've loved reading some of the posts from Canucks fans tonight. Biggest whiners I've ever seen. Apparently the refs handed the game to the Flames tonight. I guess some of the horrible calls we got went unnoticed. These idiots (the ones whinning, not the ones who are accepting this loss like a man) crack me up everytime.

Old
02-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I've loved reading some of the posts from Canucks fans tonight. Biggest whiners I've ever seen. Apparently the refs handed the game to the Flames tonight. I guess some of the horrible calls we got went unnoticed. These idiots (the ones whinning, not the ones who are accepting this loss like a man) crack me up everytime.
You get used to it. . Then you get some classy respectful posts from the likes of Bourdon44 and vancityluongo in this thread that evens it up.I hope we meet the Canucks in the playoffs .

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 02:28 AM
Lunatik*

unfortunately (or maybe fortunately considering the score ) i was forced to miss the 1st period since i was at dinner with my fiance for her co-workers b-day... by the time we ate i was able to move to where i could see the lounge TVs... and sure nuff the flames started rolling... we left part way through the 2nd but i got home just in time to see the Tanguay replay... nice to see the boys pull this one out... and even though Kipper may not have outplayed Luongo he still made the saves when we needed em... and in all honesty i think Luongo may have been a little rattled by that Phaneuf shot... that was one of the hardest shots i have seen Phaneuf take... glad Luongo is ok... dont wanna see someone go out like that

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 02:29 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko View Post
You get used to it. . Then you get some classy posts from the likes of Bourdon44 and vancityluongo that evens it up.I hope we meet the Canucks in the playoffs .
Yeah, I've met a lot of cool Canucks fans in my lifetime, but there always seem to be a bunch that give the rest a bad rep. Of course, the same can be said for every team, but this year the Canucks have dominated the arrogance category since their team started playing well.

Old
02-04-2007, 04:42 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

great game, guys. Calgary and Vancouver are two great teams and are very evenly matched, such a strategic battle. Huselius is a special player, was absolutely GREAT tonight working the puck around.

Luongo with the potential save of the year too.

hockeyfan125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 06:06 AM
pitseleh

Congrats on the win tonight. Outside of the second half of the first period, it was pretty clear who the dominant team was tonight. The Flames came to play, and made the Canucks look bad in doing so. Hopefully our last game of the season is as entertaining.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Not that I ever mind seeing a Flame player get hit, but what a little ***** Matt Cooke is. I mean hitting the little alien when he is on his knees. Real tough.

I hope he gets knocked the **** out soon.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:29 PM
guzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerlova View Post
Not that I ever mind seeing a Flame player get hit, but what a little ***** Matt Cooke is. I mean hitting the little alien when he is on his knees. Real tough.

I hope he gets knocked the **** out soon.
As soon as Ruutu left he became the new chicken **** of the canucks. I used to really like this guy but can't stand him as of the last two year.

guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:34 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy View Post
As soon as Ruutu left he became the new chicken **** of the canucks. I used to really like this guy but can't stand him as of the last two year.
Exactly. He's my most hated Canuck, and the only thing that would have made the game last night even better would have been to see him get his ass whooped.

Old
02-04-2007, 01:14 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardo Thodol View Post
Haha, way to paint a picture of a mediocre team who's beaten you 4 times straight.
He's just pointing out the fact that Vancouver isn't scaring anyone with their pop-gun offence. Of the playoff teams right now, Vancouver has scored the least amount of goals. In fact 10 NON PLAYOFF TEAMS have scored more goals than Vancouver.

I love the fact that our offence owns both Edmonton's and Vancouver's

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
He's just pointing out the fact that Vancouver isn't scaring anyone with their pop-gun offence. Of the playoff teams right now, Vancouver has scored the least amount of goals. In fact 10 NON PLAYOFF TEAMS have scored more goals than Vancouver.

I love the fact that our offence owns both Edmonton's and Vancouver's

HOWEVER, the last 15-20 games have been much better with the canucks averaging around 3 goals a game. I think its safe to say that the slump in the first 30-40 games of the season is finally over and done with, thank god

I really like the flames this year, well i dont like them but i like their chances. they were very very good last night and the canucks were a step slower the whole game.

Youreallygotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 02:54 PM
abracanada

At this point, scoring still has to be a concern for the Canucks. What they do before the trade deadline, should be to address the scoring. Address that, and they will be a legitimate contender.

Old
02-04-2007, 02:58 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames4EVER View Post
Go back to your own board as i was told to from you cansuck fans....WORSE FANS IN THE LEAGUE BY FAR!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
I love it when posters from other boards come to talk about the game, but not when they come to troll. Just look at kj514. He came from the flyers boards, and is talking about the game, so nobody is jumping on him. We would gladly discuss the game with you Flames4Ever, and I'm sure if I go over to the flames board now to talk about the game, they will also discuss it with me.
What? Nowhere did I say that I don't want any Flames posters in our GDT. I'd gladly talk hockey over on the Canucks board with posters like Miko, abracanada, Lunatik and StreakingRed (there are many others as well). You were told to come back here because while you can say things like "Yes. Flames won. Burn Canucks, Burn" over here, on the Canucks board it will be considered trolling. Vice Versa, if the Canucks won, and I started gloating over here, I'd like to think that I'd getting a warning from a mod, plus negative comments from posters. I do not know you myself, so don't take this personally, because this is to the general poster; We appreciate fans of other teams coming to our board to talk hockey, or about the city in general, we however do not appreciate gloating. I'm sure these same rules apply over here on the Flames board.

Good day to you all, and see you next time our teams meet!

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon44 View Post
The thing is Kipper didn't play a good game tonight. I thought Luongo outplayed him for the most of the game. Good Game guys, you deserve this win, the canucks maybe played a good 15 minutes.. Hopefully you guys taught the canucks a lesson.

Good Game boys!
Agreed. Kipper was not very sharp in the first, but despite the Flames being all over Vancouver in the 1st period for the most part Luongo was a big part of the reason the Canucks were up 2-0 after the 1st and he was a big reason the game didn't get out of hand. I've been waiting for the Canucks to fall back to earth, but if they keep on getting goaltending like that, reaching the playoffs shouldn't be a problem.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:58 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

You could tell Miikka Kiprusoff was tired from the physical game with Columbus the night before, but given the circumstances, I think he still played well, with some huge saves for us. However, I thought Roberto Luongo was more impressive than Kiprusoff in this particular game. I mean, no Kiprusoff save in this game will be remembered after that Luongo save on Huselius. But still, good game by both goalies.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 02-05-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old
02-05-2007, 12:38 AM
abracanada

May be seeing McLennan against the Hawks Tuesday. The winning streak at home this team is on, is really incredible. Will Playfair put it on the line with McLennan?

Old
02-05-2007, 10:56 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

I know this is a couple days late, but good game guys. I expected a bit more hustle out of the Canucks but that didn't happen. Should have been 6-3 if it wasn't for Luongo. Should get a better idea as to where our teams stand the next game we play (after the trade deadline). And now we are in the 7th spot in the West...this division is way too tough.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
May be seeing McLennan against the Hawks Tuesday. The winning streak at home this team is on, is really incredible. Will Playfair put it on the line with McLennan?
It's quite possible, but I could sooner see McLennan playing on thursday against Columbus.