HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part II - It's cold?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
  #426
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
That's basically like saying, "I want to be a sewage treatment plant worker when I grow up, but I'd even settle for garbage man."

Koolam plos.

__________________
Krampus is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:18 AM
  #427
JeffMangum
~Dylan~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
That's basically like saying, "I want to be a sewage treatment plant worker when I grow up, but I'd even settle for garbage man."

Koolam plos.
What ****

__________________


Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 01:51 PM
  #428
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Philip Seymour Hoffman, RIP.

Really bummed about this. What a great great actor.

Crease is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 01:51 PM
  #429
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Wait, what?!

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 01:57 PM
  #430
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Wait, what?!
Yeah, they found him at his place on Bethune St. Struggled with substance abuse, but obviously too early to infer anything.

Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:06 PM
  #431
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,762
vCash: 500
RIP PSH.

What a shame, that was unexpected, too soon for him, prolific actor the last 20 years.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:09 PM
  #432
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Boogie Nights and Almost Famous are required viewing. I will finally get around to watch Happiness.

He stole the show in Charlie Wilson's War. The Big Lebowski. Along Came Polly. Moneyball. Capote. Twister. He nailed every role, even the bad ones. Such range too.

Crease is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:09 PM
  #433
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Yeah, they found him at his place on Bethune St. Struggled with substance abuse, but obviously too early to infer anything.
This is honestly upsetting to me. He's one of my favorite actors and always made any movie he was in that much better.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:11 PM
  #434
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Boogie Nights, Before the Devils Knows You're Dead were two great movies.

Capote was amazing as well. This man could act.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:12 PM
  #435
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
This is honestly upsetting to me. He's one of my favorite actors and always made any movie he was in that much better.
I'm with you - a prolific and profound talent but a really tormented soul. We're definitely going to watch some of his best films this week...

Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:15 PM
  #436
NYR2047
Moderator
WebMD Trained Doctor
 
NYR2047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Yea poor PSH

NYR2047 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:15 PM
  #437
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I'm with you - a prolific and profound talent but a really tormented soul. We're definitely going to watch some of his best work this week...
One of the few actors who could really drag you into a film.

Do you know if he finished filming the new Hunger Games yet? I wasn't a big fan of the books, despite others telling me I'm crazy, but I really liked the 2nd one and his performance was, or course, really great.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:20 PM
  #438
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Philip Seymour Hoffman, RIP.

Really bummed about this. What a great great actor.
Just read this a few minutes ago. RIP.

Pizza is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:24 PM
  #439
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,021
vCash: 500
What a shame.

Too young. Rumors are that it was heroin.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:33 PM
  #440
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,712
vCash: 500
Twister is one of the worst movies ever, but damned if he wasn't the best character/actor in it.

Goodnight sweet prince.

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:37 PM
  #441
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,082
vCash: 500
Will always remember him squeezing all of Ben Stiller's grease onto his own pizza and screaming "make it rain" when chucking those air balls in Along Came Polly.

Was great in Capote and Almost Famous too.

Didn't realize he was only 46. RIP PSH.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:38 PM
  #442
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Damn they just released a report of how he was found and what the cause of death was.

****ing tragic. Sigh...

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:39 PM
  #443
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
One of the few actors who could really drag you into a film.

Do you know if he finished filming the new Hunger Games yet? I wasn't a big fan of the books, despite others telling me I'm crazy, but I really liked the 2nd one and his performance was, or course, really great.
I don't know if they finished filming the new Hunger Games. I haven't read the books or seen either film. But if you're saying it's worth it, I'll check them out.

Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:45 PM
  #444
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I don't know if they finished filming the new Hunger Games. I haven't read the books or seen either film. But if you're saying it's worth it, I'll check them out.
Well, hmmm I wouldn't say "worth it" per se. It's entertaining. I love PSH and Woody Harrelson so that was enough to intrigue me. I thought the films were entertaining and I will most likely catch the next one once it comes out.

From what I've heard form die hard fans is that the books are way better than the movies (as usual) The movies just didn't explain as much so i found myself sort of lost at times.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:47 PM
  #445
NYR2047
Moderator
WebMD Trained Doctor
 
NYR2047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Well, hmmm I wouldn't say "worth it" per se. It's entertaining. I love PSH and Woody Harrelson so that was enough to intrigue me. I thought the films were entertaining and I will most likely catch the next one once it comes out.

From what I've heard form die hard fans is that the books are way better than the movies (as usual) The movies just didn't explain as much so i found myself sort of lost at times.
lirl way to promote the movie then be like oh wait nah not worth it

NYR2047 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:48 PM
  #446
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Well, hmmm I wouldn't say "worth it" per se. It's entertaining. I love PSH and Woody Harrelson so that was enough to intrigue me. I thought the films were entertaining and I will most likely catch the next one once it comes out.

From what I've heard form die hard fans is that the books are way better than the movies (as usual) The movies just didn't explain as much so i found myself sort of lost at times.
The books are better than the movies. But I think the movies have done a good job sticking to the plot.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:50 PM
  #447
NYR2047
Moderator
WebMD Trained Doctor
 
NYR2047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Do I have to write like a speech for my 1,000th post?

NYR2047 is offline  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:51 PM
  #448
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2047 View Post
Do I have to write like a speech for my 1,000th post?
Short and sweet - the way any acceptance speech should be.

Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:52 PM
  #449
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2047 View Post
lirl way to promote the movie then be like oh wait nah not worth it
haha depends on what you're looking for in a movie. It's entertaining but nothing special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
The books are better than the movies. But I think the movies have done a good job sticking to the plot.
Yeah that's what I've heard, but from people who have read all the books they say that there should be a little more explanation for those who haven't read the books. I have to agree since I was asking a few questions throughout the movie myself.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-02-2014, 02:54 PM
  #450
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
haha depends on what you're looking for in a movie. It's entertaining but nothing special.



Yeah that's what I've heard, but from people who have read all the books they say that there should be a little more explanation for those who haven't read the books. I have to agree since I was asking a few questions throughout the movie myself.
That's interesting. Anything specific that you were confused on? They're splitting Mockingjay into two movies so hopefully that will address it.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.