Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Warrener

Old
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM
lakingshockey

vCash: 500
Warrener

Is Warrener hurt??? Only played 19 seconds last night??

lakingshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:00 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingshockey View Post
Is Warrener hurt??? Only played 19 seconds last night??
According to calgaryflames.com, Rhett Warrener left in the first period due to a suspected arm injury.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Just heard Peter Maher say he should be ok. He said he doesn't know if he'll play tuesday but if he is out at all, it won't be for long. Rhettsky told him he'd be fine... it's really amazing how well this team plays when it's down to 5 dmen, and that has happened fairly often this year.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:03 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Just heard Peter Maher say he should be ok. He said he doesn't know if he'll play tuesday but if he is out at all, it won't be for long. Rhettsky told him he'd be fine... it's really amazing how well this team plays when it's down to 5 dmen, and that has happened fairly often this year.
That is pretty much why I figure they need to make a move for a top four defender.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
JayByrd

Send a message via AIM to JayByrd Send a message via MSN to JayByrd
I agree. I like Warrener, but his tendency to get hurt is starting to become a liability.

JayByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
What does your top 6 (7/) look like for D-men? I just thought you guys already had an amazing defence, I was just curious why you need a top four. Phanuef, RO. Regher, Hamrilik, Wattener, (both A and B)Ference, Giordano, Zyzuin ... what about the other Ritchie Regher? I dunno. I just think you guys have a great D. How much do you have in available cap sapce? And who would you like to bring in?

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:53 AM
abracanada

Warrener, as has been mentioned, is brittle at times. He was injured as well during the cup run. As a matter of fact, several Flames defensemen were injured then. That is how the Dores emerged. Regehr appears to really miss playing with Leopold. He has not been near as dominant as he has been in past years (mind you, his play appears to be picking up).

I could think of a few names that might shore up the Flames for a good run. First name that comes to mind is Stuart. He may cost too much in compensation, but he would be the prototype of the player I would like to see them get. Another possibility would be Berard. I know Sutter has shown interest in him before, and I believe he fits the Leopold mold very well. He may be a little injury prone however. There have even been suggestions Morris would be available for another stint in Calgary. Some would not like this move but I think it would be a good one. Sopel from LA has been mentioned. Players of that ilk, may be just what the Flames need.

Lots of depth, works well. I go back to the same example over and over but Carolina, had so many centers last year, they had to play them on wings. I do not believe you can have too many good hockey players on your squad for playoff runs.

Old
02-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Warrener, as has been mentioned, is brittle at times. He was injured as well during the cup run. As a matter of fact, several Flames defensemen were injured then. That is how the Dores emerged. Regehr appears to really miss playing with Leopold. He has not been near as dominant as he has been in past years (mind you, his play appears to be picking up).

I could think of a few names that might shore up the Flames for a good run. First name that comes to mind is Stuart. He may cost too much in compensation, but he would be the prototype of the player I would like to see them get. Another possibility would be Berard. I know Sutter has shown interest in him before, and I believe he fits the Leopold mold very well. He may be a little injury prone however. There have even been suggestions Morris would be available for another stint in Calgary. Some would not like this move but I think it would be a good one. Sopel from LA has been mentioned. Players of that ilk, may be just what the Flames need.

Lots of depth, works well. I go back to the same example over and over but Carolina, had so many centers last year, they had to play them on wings. I do not believe you can have too many good hockey players on your squad for playoff runs.
there has been talk matvichuk could be available when he returns (but since he hasnt played yet i have no clue when he will be back)... i wouldnt mind seeing the Flames pick up Barrett Jackman or Bryce Salvador from St. Louis... but if the Flames think they could have trouble re-signing Hamrlik this summer i would like to see them go after Visnovsky, Allen or maybe even Pitkanen... it would be a steep cost but it would be worth it to fill the void hamr is going to leave

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 12:50 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
there has been talk matvichuk could be available when he returns (but since he hasnt played yet i have no clue when he will be back)... i wouldnt mind seeing the Flames pick up Barrett Jackman or Bryce Salvador from St. Louis... but if the Flames think they could have trouble re-signing Hamrlik this summer i would like to see them go after Visnovsky, Allen or maybe even Pitkanen... it would be a steep cost but it would be worth it to fill the void hamr is going to leave
Jackman would be an awesome acquisition. I just don't think St. Louis would consider letting him go. If they would, I would consider giving up a fair amount to get him. Another consideration would be Brewer. Wouldn't that please the Oil faithful to no end.

That is the funny thing about Hamrlik. We don't know how he feels about staying in Calgary. This is the kind of inside info that sways decisions for people like Sutter, and we have no idea how Hamrlik feels. The Calgary press should be on that.

Old
02-05-2007, 02:05 PM
chriss_co

i dont know why hamrlik would want to leave.. he's playing great, getting top notch minutes and is on a winning team in a great hockey city

unless he has a wife as crazy as mrs. pronger

but i digress.. hopefully he wont ask for a raise

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 02:30 PM
DownInFlames

About Mrs. Pronger. You forget we don't live in the massive toilet bowl city of Edmonton. Calgary is a nice city with great communities. Edmonton is the dark brown hole of Alberta. Mrs. Pronger woulda been happy to stay in Calgary.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Jackman would be an awesome acquisition. I just don't think St. Louis would consider letting him go. If they would, I would consider giving up a fair amount to get him. Another consideration would be Brewer. Wouldn't that please the Oil faithful to no end.

That is the funny thing about Hamrlik. We don't know how he feels about staying in Calgary. This is the kind of inside info that sways decisions for people like Sutter, and we have no idea how Hamrlik feels. The Calgary press should be on that.
well we all know that hamrlik chose the Flames and took less money to do so... it is a winning team... he is probably playing more minutes than at any other point in his career... and this team appears to have a great atmosphere in teh dressing room... i like to hope he will once gaain take the discount to play where he wants to play... because after all those years iof losing n Tampa, Edmonton and New York... this is the best team he has ever played on (no disrespect to the Oilers but back then you were not a great team)... the guy has his olympic gold... now he just needs his NHL silver

Old
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFeva View Post
About Mrs. Pronger. You forget we don't live in the massive toilet bowl city of Edmonton. Calgary is a nice city with great communities. Edmonton is the dark brown hole of Alberta. Mrs. Pronger woulda been happy to stay in Calgary.
lets not turn this thread into an anti-edmonton thread

Old
02-06-2007, 09:39 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Update On Warrener

The Flames were given the day off yesterday, having played games Friday and Saturday before holding their skills competition Sunday. Defenceman Rhett Warrener was one of a handful who visited the 'Dome for treatment and said the injury - listed as an arm injury - that knocked him out of Saturday's game has him "questionable" for tonight's tilt but "probable" for the upcoming three-game road trip. - Calgary Sun, 2/6/07.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFeva View Post
Calgary is nice, but its no LA...

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote