HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moves I dream about

Old
02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
People are forgetting one important thing with Hollweg. We have energy guys in the minors who are a lot better than Hollweg. Byers is bigger, tougher, more talented and can play the same role. The farm system is very deep in 3rd-4th line types who actually have legit skill sets.

Honestly, this team hasn't showed energy in weeks. So where is Mr. Energy Hollweg to fix that? This team needs young talent that scores and young defenseman that are physical. Not young talent like Hollweg with no skill who have no offensive ability.
With this you are right. We do have guys in the minors that will be better 3rd/4th liners than Hollweg, Ortmeyer, Hossa, Ward, Krog, Hall and Orr. The problem is that most of those guys are not ready.... and I'm a very big youth guy on these boards. The only guys that can make it to the team this season are Callahan, Dawes and Baranka. The big problem is that we don't have the roster space necessary to bring them up. If we can package 2 or more for 1 player, you will see Wolfpackers coming up.

If this season is a bust as you suggest, the smartest thing to do is take your time and see what we can get for our marginal contributors in order to make space for next season. If we start waiving guys left and right we will start losing NHL players left and right for nothing. The smart thing to do is to get as much in return as possible for these guys.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 01:45 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
People are forgetting one important thing with Hollweg. We have energy guys in the minors who are a lot better than Hollweg. Byers is bigger, tougher, more talented and can play the same role. The farm system is very deep in 3rd-4th line types who actually have legit skill sets.

Honestly, this team hasn't showed energy in weeks. So where is Mr. Energy Hollweg to fix that? This team needs young talent that scores and young defenseman that are physical. Not young talent like Hollweg with no skill who have no offensive ability.
Hollweg scored more points then Byers in the WHL, Hollweg had 57 points in 52 games a few years ago.... Hollweg is also a better hitter, and skater then Byers. Byers also has not developed his game enough to play in the NHL, give him to atleast the end of this season.... Then maybe you could make a case for Byers........

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 02:12 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
Hollweg scored more points then Byers in the WHL, Hollweg had 57 points in 52 games a few years ago.... Hollweg is also a better hitter, and skater then Byers. Byers also has not developed his game enough to play in the NHL, give him to atleast the end of this season.... Then maybe you could make a case for Byers........

Who cares. The AHL is a lot tougher league than the WHL. Byers has obviously improved a lot more since he got to the AHL than Hollweg did. Hollweg should not have been promoted after 14 points in 70 AHL games. What does it say that mangement promotes a clown like that and keeps Immo who had 70 points as an AHL rookie in the minors to rot. Or Dawes who had 35 goals as a rookie in the AHL. Or Helminen who after half an AHL season scored 30+ goals the next full AHL season.

Face it. The Rangers still have no clue how to use and develop prospects. I said it from day one. Hollweg has no busines in the NHL. Who knows how much better off he would be if he had been allowed to play all this and last year in the AHL to try and develop some NHL skills.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
"He's an NHL player (and you can't prove otherwise"

I love when people have nothing to support their point so they state their point and say you can't prove otherwise.

Hollweg - He's small, he's not an enforcer, he's not a PK player, he has no offensive skills, he's not a good even strength defender.

So essentially he is a decent hitter who skates well. Last time I checked, that doesn't make you an NHL player.

Tune into a Rangers game, theres a guy skating around wearing the #44. His Names Ryan HOLLWEG. Is that proof enough that he's an NHL player?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:21 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
Who cares. The AHL is a lot tougher league than the WHL. Byers has obviously improved a lot more since he got to the AHL than Hollweg did. Hollweg should not have been promoted after 14 points in 70 AHL games. What does it say that mangement promotes a clown like that and keeps Immo who had 70 points as an AHL rookie in the minors to rot. Or Dawes who had 35 goals as a rookie in the AHL. Or Helminen who after half an AHL season scored 30+ goals the next full AHL season.

Face it. The Rangers still have no clue how to use and develop prospects. I said it from day one. Hollweg has no busines in the NHL. Who knows how much better off he would be if he had been allowed to play all this and last year in the AHL to try and develop some NHL skills.
Once again Donutboy you have said that already..... If Hollweg was in the AHL, which he is not, he would be playing on the top two lines..... When he played for the Wolfpack there were many veterans like wiseman, giroux, weller, heerema, ulmer, larose, gernander, and jason Macdonald that limited his ice time...... In Hartford now they have something like six or seven rookies in the line-up a night.... Hollweg has more offensive upside then Byers does...... You can't compare what they did in the AHL because they played for basically two different teams..... I agree Immonen should be playing for the Rangers, but not the role Hollweg plays.... Putting Immonen on the third or fourth line would be just waisting Immonen's time..... He is where he should be playing first line center for the Wolf Pack, if not second line center for the Rangers..... Immonen could not take Hollweg's spot, he would just get destroyed..... Immonen is a center, and Hollweg is a winger FYI.... Hollweg has NHL skills, he is just limited by Renney.... Byers still has a ton of learning to do as i have seen, from the little over a handfull of WolfPack games i've been too..... He still needs another season in the AHL, and is not ready to take Hollweg's spot.....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:08 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Quote:
Face it. The Rangers still have no clue how to use and develop prospects.
Well, I don't think anyone will argue against that. Inferno said it in another thread. If this organization's philosophical views don't change we will always suck, but have a good year every now 'n then (a teaser, if you will).

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:11 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I like how you qualify the thread with "dream"

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Hello board. Figure I'd make this my first post. Another year, no rebuilding, no playoffs and a bad coach behind the bench. Yep. That's the Rangers.

First move I dream about would be management moving towards the light and seeing this team stinks and isn't making the playoffs and to become sellers

Second move, fire Renney. He is horrible.

Third move, trade Nylander and Rosival. Nylander is a UFA and I didn't get the sense he wanted to come back and was looking for his final big payday. The Rangers drafted a boat load of defense prospects. It's time to sell high on Rosival. I believe Rosival could bring back a mid to late first round pick as well as a good prospect. Nylander probably would fetch a deal similar to what Rucinsky did when he brought back a 2nd round pick and Umberger.

Fourth move, release Hossa immediately. He's horrible.

Fifth move, send Hollweg to the Pack. I don't know why he was ever called up in the first place. He didn't earn it.

Sixth move, trade J. Ward and Rachunek for 3rd and later picks. I think teams would want those guys if it was for later round picks.

Seventh move, trade Immonen. Obviously, they have it in for this guy. Have no idea what the return would be. Perhaps if they packaged him with Pock who they also don't seem to like, they could bring a decent pick.

Eighth move, call up Dawes, Callahan, Byers and Baranka.

Dawes and Callahan should both be placed on one of the top 2 lines so they develop. Move Shanny to left wing. He can hack it. Baranka should have made the team out of camp. Figure you get a center back in the Nylander or Rosival deal.

Dawes-Straka-Jagr
Shanny-trade center -Callahan
Byers-Cullen-Prucha
Hall-Betts-Ortmeyer

A. Ward-Baranka
Girardi-Tyutin
Malik- Lampman

Might as well play Lampman till Staal gets here next year. I'd trade Malik but nobody would want him.

Ok right away when you say remove Hossa because he's horrible, thats when I stop paying attention to what you have to say because obviously you have no hockey sense if you truely believe Hossa has been horrible. Hossa has played a solid game this year. He's finally using his body to his advantage and he is slowly but surely starting to shoot the puck more. Sure you wont see this in his stats because I believe even though he is what 25, he is still developing and this year I think he took a huge turn. He's been promoted to the 2nd line to play with Shanny which I certainly believe he deserved. The stats will come but as for now he is improving his offensive side to his game something he was lacking. He is becoming a very solid 2 way player, his defense was never suspect as he backchecks well and because he is good defensively he is used on the PK. He is a big body out there and he's moving his legs a lot more this year winning battles in the corners in the offensive zone. And last game against Tampa he showed signs of the type of skill his brother has when he made nice move to split two defenders when the puck redirected to him and making a nice move on the goalie but Holmqvist made a great save. I'm tired of people ripping on Hossa, he is the farthest thing from the problem and in fact he has been one of the bright spots this year. If anything get rid of the useless Hall who does nothing, no scoring touch, suspect defensively, doesnt use his size to his advantage at all and really isnt that fast.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote