HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Yankee Stadium Ranger Games - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2014, 11:11 PM
  #726
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,596
vCash: 500
On a side note: Stadium Series Games > Super Bowl

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:26 PM
  #727
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
On a side note: Stadium Series Games > Super Bowl
Agreed.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:27 PM
  #728
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
They have one of the worst owners in pro sports. As far as I'm concerned, support would be there if they had an owner worth his weight in salt.
$10 tickets on stubhub has me as a Rangers supporter going there all the time!

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:35 PM
  #729
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
$10 tickets on stubhub has me as a Rangers supporter going there all the time!
I think a significant portion of former Islanders fans have completely checked out. It's not a matter of price to them. They're just not interested anymore. And that is thanks to Wang.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 08:47 AM
  #730
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,936
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I think a significant portion of former Islanders fans have completely checked out. It's not a matter of price to them. They're just not interested anymore. And that is thanks to Wang.
Isn't it also thanks to Nassau county? They're about to lose their only claim to fame. Long Island is about to return to the overpriced backwater that it is

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 10:45 AM
  #731
Nash Money
Registered User
 
Nash Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Isn't it also thanks to Nassau county? They're about to lose their only claim to fame. Long Island is about to return to the overpriced backwater that it is
Yup, Nassau County voted down a proposal that sealed the Isles fate. Sad. I voted to simply keep the Isles. I love MSG, but some of my favorite games are the ones when we invade NVMC.

Nash Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 11:51 AM
  #732
pavelich
Registered User
 
pavelich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
I live out in Suffolk County. The Islanders started contacting coaches of all youth hockey teams based out of the Rinx and Superior Ice Rink and offered all players free tickets Monday Evening. On Tuesday night they still had a lot of inventory left and they started offering them to centers that house disabled adults for free. Basically they just wanted bodies in the seats. I know someone who sat in my section Wednesday(a Rangers STH who paid for his tickets) who had 14 extra tickets that were given out to his sons hockey team with a face of $179.If I remember the section was 414
I know this information for a fact because I have a family friend who is a mid-level executive for the Islanders. I also know that the NHL is pissed off at the support the Islander fans gave to the stadium series after begging for this opportunity. I don't like the Islanders but these are the facts just ask anyone associated with youth Hockey on Long Island.
My son's hockey organization, in Nassau Cty, received 75 or so free tickets from the Islanders for the Isles/Rangers game. Also in section 414.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 11:54 AM
  #733
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Isn't it also thanks to Nassau county? They're about to lose their only claim to fame. Long Island is about to return to the overpriced backwater that it is
The Town of Hempstead is really more to blame.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 03:50 PM
  #734
dubidubidu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SI,NY 10304
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quick story for the Wednesday game. Me and my buddy we're looking for last minute tickets for the game on stubhub when he found out his church had a pair to give away. He picks up the tickets, which look more like traditional ticketmaster tickets than the big commemorative ones. We go to scan them to get in and the machine says they are invalid, however the tickettaker says he has been having problems with the machine due to the cold and lets us in anyway.

We go to the ticketed seats in 114a Row 15 and find a father and son who are with 40 kids from a youth hockey group sitting there. We check their tickets and they have the exact same ones as us, even the same barcode. We let them stay and go to guest services. On the way I notice ours say "PRT#2" on the tickets. So my guess is someone at the Rangers printed up the same ticket twice and gave them away to 2 separate organizations.

Anyway guest services takes our tickets and returns a few minutes later with brand new commemorative tickets for 111 row 16, which was wide open. Apparently this happened to a few other people too who were seated next to us as the game went on. The view was ok, couldnt really see anything on the 1/4 of the ice closest to us, but it was still an awesome time.

Amazing that they had this many '$119' seats left, and they couldn't even give them all away properly.

dubidubidu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 04:14 PM
  #735
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubidubidu View Post
Quick story for the Wednesday game. Me and my buddy we're looking for last minute tickets for the game on stubhub when he found out his church had a pair to give away. He picks up the tickets, which look more like traditional ticketmaster tickets than the big commemorative ones. We go to scan them to get in and the machine says they are invalid, however the tickettaker says he has been having problems with the machine due to the cold and lets us in anyway.

We go to the ticketed seats in 114a Row 15 and find a father and son who are with 40 kids from a youth hockey group sitting there. We check their tickets and they have the exact same ones as us, even the same barcode. We let them stay and go to guest services. On the way I notice ours say "PRT#2" on the tickets. So my guess is someone at the Rangers printed up the same ticket twice and gave them away to 2 separate organizations.

Anyway guest services takes our tickets and returns a few minutes later with brand new commemorative tickets for 111 row 16, which was wide open. Apparently this happened to a few other people too who were seated next to us as the game went on. The view was ok, couldnt really see anything on the 1/4 of the ice closest to us, but it was still an awesome time.

Amazing that they had this many '$119' seats left, and they couldn't even give them all away properly.
This was the Islanders doing not the Rangers. The Islanders begged the NHL to get involved in the outdoor series and then couldn't get their fans support.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 04:17 PM
  #736
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,936
vCash: 50
At a point during the sale they just stopped selling the lower price point tickets and just tries pushing the more expensive tickets. The lower price point seats just didn't get released after a while and they didn't bother trying to sell them

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 03:43 PM
  #737
Muckr
Registered User
 
Muckr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
At a point during the sale they just stopped selling the lower price point tickets and just tries pushing the more expensive tickets. The lower price point seats just didn't get released after a while and they didn't bother trying to sell them
What do you mean?

I bought on the day released two seats section 113, row 28, with fees it came to $200. You saying I could have gotten in free/less for these seats?

I gotta say I thought my seats sucked, I had to look up at the scoreboard video many times to see the play, it just was very poor sightlines.

Was it this way the whole stadium or what seats were better?
Also, I thought I would get a souvenir ticket, scarf, and hat, and just got a regular ticket.

Muckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 03:55 PM
  #738
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax1166 View Post
What do you mean?

I bought on the day released two seats section 113, row 28, with fees it came to $200. You saying I could have gotten in free/less for these seats?

I gotta say I thought my seats sucked, I had to look up at the scoreboard video many times to see the play, it just was very poor sightlines.

Was it this way the whole stadium or what seats were better?
Also, I thought I would get a souvenir ticket, scarf, and hat, and just got a regular ticket.
The Islanders dumped so many tickets for free and many got into hands of scalpers outside of the Stadium. I had tickets but a friend of mine needed a single and approached a few scalpers and got a $249 ticket for $20. The scalper had about 20 tickets in his hand. Someone probably got a stack for free and just unloaded them to the scalper for next to nothing. I had a great time at the game but the way the Islanders and the NHL handled this just bothers me. They just used the Rangers and their fans as a way to circumvent the tax break NYC gives to MSG.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 01:02 PM
  #739
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
anyone have any extra skating passes for this friday at 815 pm or whatever the last time slot is?

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 01:33 PM
  #740
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
The Islanders dumped so many tickets for free and many got into hands of scalpers outside of the Stadium. I had tickets but a friend of mine needed a single and approached a few scalpers and got a $249 ticket for $20. The scalper had about 20 tickets in his hand. Someone probably got a stack for free and just unloaded them to the scalper for next to nothing. I had a great time at the game but the way the Islanders and the NHL handled this just bothers me. They just used the Rangers and their fans as a way to circumvent the tax break NYC gives to MSG.
Hopefully, they learn from their mistakes. Weekends only, lower prices (keep them in line with Giants tickets), and probably better off with just one game in a city per year.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.